Calling all MFP "meanies"

Options

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This is the same situation I face everyday in my office. In the end I had to be the "Meanie". Cookies, Chocolate, Chips, Cakes.... They're all represented in my office for staff to snack on throughout the day. Of course I'm a habitual stress eater, I had to put my foot down and tell them they couldn't keep that in front of me because in the two years I've worked at my current job I've gained nearly 30lbs. I have to live my life as an out of sight out of mind person. I don't buy it at home but I had ample access to it at work.

In the end I just had to move the snack station somewhere else.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I sneeked like a sneeky sneek into your break room while nobody was looking and licked every single dougnut mwahahahahahahaha
    (This was before the guy sneezed on them!!)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You could always set up a jar whereby you put a certain high dollar amount in it each time you give in (negative reinforcement) or each time you resist (positive reinforcement), depending on which way works for you. If you put the money in for resisting, you get to buy a new dress, and the bonus will be that it's in a smaller size.

YOU GOT THIS!
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My friend and I always make crazy accusations when we are near sweets or treats we shouldn't be eating.

- It has a huge curly hair baked into it!
    - That one was rolled in a soggy band aid
    - Those aren't sprinkles, it's dandruff!
    - It's not glaze it's someones snot smear

We get pretty disgusting but it 99% of the time works, haha!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I just think of all the better stuff I could spend those calories on. :grumble:
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just saw this hariy fat sweaty guy lick all of the donuts!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Today is also the day we have a breakfast at work. I was hoping it would be breakfast sandwiches because at least then I could just eat the protein off of it...eggs, sausage, cheese, etc. But no, it was pastries. I quickly made me a serving of low fat cottage cheese and got the heck out of there. I totally understand where you are coming from. I am a sweet eater. And DOUGHNUTS...OMG. There is no such thing as 1 doughnut. There is however 1 dozen doughnuts. So this is why I cannot even have one bite because one bite leads to one dozen. If I refrain all together, I am much better off at least when it comes to doughnuts.

My friends and I at work often will say one of the following about food left in the kitchen at work to help each other not eat any...

"I saw the lady who brought those pastries in the restroom and she didn't wash her hands before she left..."

"I've been to the person's house (or restaurant) who made those, they have a cat. It walks on he countertops. So it uses it's litter box then walks on the counter tops. I'm quite certain if you eat that, you will ingest a hair ball."

Those two seem to do pretty well for me to keep me from eating what is in the kitchen at work. :)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I work at a bank and handle dirty money all day. I just went to your break room and touched all the donuts! Now hands off lady!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My friend and I always make crazy accusations when we are near sweets or treats we shouldn't be eating.

- It has a huge curly hair baked into it!
    - That one was rolled in a soggy band aid
    - Those aren't sprinkles, it's dandruff!
    - It's not glaze it's someones snot smear

We get pretty disgusting but it 99% of the time works, haha!
    bwahahahaha this!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Try this process:

1) Accept that you have a strong compulsion to eat the doughnut and notice how that makes you feel. Sit with your compulsion for a while.
    2) Tell yourself you have a completely free choice to eat it if you want
    3) Tell yourself that you accept the negative consequences which comes from making that choice should you choose to go down that path - so lesser health, a lack of self worth or what you feel is important
    4) Accept whatever you decide

Now, you may actually end up eating it. That is fine. The key is if you repeat this process and learn to use it over time your compulsive eating will fall and become much more manageable. You don't need to rely on willpower. You can rely on strategies.

Focus on winning the war, not the battles.

Such good advice! Whether it will help you resist today is up to you... But there is major truth in this!^^^ Take it seriously and think long term for the next time you're faced with temptation...(of any kind!)
  • bevhillsilly
    bevhillsilly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG...after reading this thru I don't think I'll ever be able to look at donuts again..ugh
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing at all the suggestions about what people did to them and I'm getting funny looks which I consider bonus points. The majority of the building has now had time to get a donut, make a trip to the restroom, forget to wash their hands, and go back for seconds.
  • ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "Accidentally" spill something on them (unless they are Hot Krispy Kremes)! You help everyone else too.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you think about donuts too long, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

doughnut.jpg

THIS COULD BE YOOOOUUUUUUU...
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "Accidentally" spill something on them (unless they are Hot Krispy Kremes)! You help everyone else too.

That could cause a riot, lol.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    DONUTS ARE A TOOL OF THE DEVIL!!
  • whittytyler
    Options
    I've always hated this term... BUT

'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Except for burgers... and pizza.. BUT THATS NOT MY POINT! In a certain context it's helpful. Don't feel guilt or regret later! it's not worth it!
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    At least one of your co-workers probably has questionable personal hygiene.. and they've probably touched all of those donuts. Don't think of them as a treat, so much as a circular germ carrier with diabetic coma-inducing potential.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

That is so incredibly wasteful.

Someone us like donuts.
    Just because you're weak willed doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy our donuts.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Meh. I bet they're not really that good anyway.