question: how old...

Options

Replies

• Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I've lost 50 pounds before, but ended up putting the weight back on. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson and will spend a lot more energy on maintenance this time around.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It feels like every darned day. :wink: 36 almost 37 :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    so for fun and just to get to know everyone, whether you've reached your goal or not, how old were you when you finally decided enough was enough and get fit/more fit

38...I'm going on 40 in a few weeks. I'm healthier now and more fit now than I was in my mid twenties. It's been two years of kicking *kitten* and taking names and being awesome.
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    43. I had to hit rock bottom before I finally decided to take action. Lots of hints and motivators in the previous years, including a heart attack at 37. But it took the Lord getting me to an absolute miserable state before I finally started listening to him in my head and got off my butt. A little over a year later, down 121 lbs and am 12 lbs. from my goal. Its never too late! :wink:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Never? :huh:

I decided to lose weight at 41 1/2. Using MFP /= getting fit.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Have been "thinking" about it, trying then quitting, and doing a "diet" for like two weeks then giving up for about 7 years since I was 25,, but with two more babies within the 7 years- it wasnt always my top priority (although it should have been)

This time- its not a diet- its a lifestyle change - and I truly understand what those words mean now- at 32!!
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Lol which time?

33 is the current one and 2 years on here tomorrow.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I was 25 and a month old.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    24. I had my daughter at 22, I was always big. But after I had her I lost my job, we moved twice and things were messy, I had lost all my baby weight after she was born. But put it all back then some. My dr said it was starting to mess with my health. So I decided it was time in febuary. I lost 51 pounds so far. But I just found out 2 weeks ago I'm pregnant for a second time. This timem I plan on making this a much healther pregnancy then my last one and then continuing on my losses after baby comes. I want to be healthy and happy for my kids!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    31, still working on it 6 years later.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    38. Five years ago I was walking up a hill and weighed 235 lbs (at 5'2). I realized when I got to the top and was ridiculously out of breath that I couldn't live like that.

69775866.png[/url]
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Many times...but finally when I was 33. Haven't looked back.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    588 weeks and now at 628 weeks....yes I'm immature like that!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    At 28 when I found out my cholesterol was >300 and I was pregnant... Dropped from 200 to 150, I was healthy, but fluffy... At 38 I decided to try MFP and dropped to 125... Then at 40 I decided to get fit and start racing... really focus on traiing and body comp... Currently 110-112... I'm only 5'1.5" so that is very reasonable...
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's been a couple times...dropped ~25# @ 16 doing Jenny Craig with my mom. Waffled around 220 (I'm 6') for the next 3 years.

Then at 20, my parents got divorced. I skyrocketed up to 265 :noway: . I joined MFP then and lost about 40#.

Just after I turned 22 (hovering around 225#), I had a bad accident and broke my back. Also, started dating my wonderful SO (who has TERRIBLE eating habits). Cue lethargy and platefuls of hamburger helper. This put me back up 255ish in a short 5 month period. THIS WAS WHEN I'D HAD ENOUGH. :explode:

It struck me when I went to stand up after squatting down to grab a book one day. My knees gave out and I pitched myself into a wall. I've always been athletic so between my weight (a major factor) and my broken body, I decided it was time to actually take steps to recover besides the self medication I was doing. :drinker:

Early 2013, about 6 months before my 23 birthday, I started jogging with my roommate. Also started doing yoga with my BFF. On 5/1/13, I got serious about MFP and started logging every day.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 214. Still quite a ways from my goal weight but I'm in the best shape I have ever been in. This past weekend, I moved THIRTY TWO THOUSAND POUNDS of hay BY HAND (That's 460 70# bales). I would have been WRECKED if I tried that even a year ago. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Long story short, what ever age you decide enough is enough, it is never too late, there is no obstacle you can't over come, and yes, it is ALWAYS worth it.
  • annemariejv
    Options
    20! I went from playing hockey and soccer all year round to playing only soccer in the summers and hitting the books for University. The freshman 15 is no myth that's for sure!
  • brndish
    brndish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    50 :happy:
  • AliUnrau
    AliUnrau Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    22 years old.
    I lost quite a bit of weight when i was 17 but then i had 1 kids and gained it all back plus way more.
    So here i am!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!