What are you mixed with?!

Options
Hello everyone I'm new here and I guess I've always been interested in people backgrounds mixed or not (call me nosey) anyway if you don't mind can you please share what your background is or if your mixed I'll start first :)
My Mother is Filipino and my dad is Half Brazilian half German :) born in Palestine and raised in Canada! :smile:
Please share everyone !

Replies

• BannedGeekMN
    BannedGeekMN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a mix of Welsh (English), Irish, and a bit of Scandinavian dashed in. My mom's side has the bit of Scand, but it's mostly Irish/English. My family on my mom's side is one of the oldest permanent European family's in North America, circa 17th Century. I'm distantly related to the REAL Captain Henry Morgan on that side as well. My dad's side is predominantly English, with some Irish mixed in as well.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Living in a small island called Bahrain. Both my parents are from the area so yep. We're a bit famous for having hugggggee extended families (I have like 20 direct cousins give or take) and I like it this way
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Most nights, I'm mixed with bourbon. Sometimes beer. Occasionally, when I'm feeling particularly highbrow, a martini or something along those lines.

Now I'm thirsty. Thanks a lot OP. :grumble:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    A little bit of American, but mostly Texan.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :wink: :glasses:
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Like 98% gin, and a teeny bit of Spanish and French-Canadian.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I have Irish, Welsh, German, and Jewish as my main line goes back to the mid 1500s, before it becomes obscure. There is a small amount of Cherokee, Scandinavian and a few others as well. I'd love to do a DNA test to see what all is in me.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

You, I like.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    3/4 Hispanic, and 1/4 Native American (no, I do not know the tribe).
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Southern as hell!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I just consider myself "American" really and don't put a whole lot of stock in family stories about heritage. But I still think this stuff is interesting too.

On my father's side, most of my ancestors have been traced back easily to Scotland, Wales, and England. My maiden name clearly reflects that heritage too.

My mother is definitely part Italian, although I don't know how much exactly and due to my grandfather being adopted as a young child she wasn't raised with Italian American culture/customs. I just know that one or both of my (biological) great grandparents were part of the Italian immigrant wave in the 1890s but I am not even sure of their names. My late grandmother was the type to claim she had every type of bloodline from Russian to Cherokee so who really knows ;-)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    From what I've been able to trace - British, Irish and German. Don't know my maternal grandfather's side at all but the rest has been in the US since the 1700's and before. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cheese and peanut butter, I think.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    1/4 german, 1/4 irish, 1/2 british. born and raised canadian
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ,but mostly Texan.

Which as all smart people know, is its own country :drinker:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm GMO
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Half Greek, and Slovenian with a little Croatian, Italian, German, and Austrian thrown in there. Yeah I'm a smorgasbord....
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    ,but mostly Texan.

Which as all smart people know, is its own country :drinker:
    True that...
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Swedish on my fathers side. Mom is half Cherokee, the rest Irish and gypsy (not sure if Romanian gypsy or Irish gypsy). Have been trying to track down the Native American card I had when I was a child, that got lost after we moved to Alaska, but no luck yet. The Swedish kept great records, so my family history on that side is really interesting. I wish Ancestry.com was free!!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Cream and sugar.