What are you mixed with?!

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    A little bit of American, but mostly Texan.

So...Mexican...gotcha.
    Have you ever seen a Mexican ginger?

Yes...

66-canelo-alvarez-gt.jpg
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've been told a variety of things - Irish, English, Scottish, French, German and Native American (but no idea what tribe). Just going by names from the family tree, at least the first four are legit but that doesn't always tell the whole story so it's really hard to say for sure. I like to say I'm a EuroMutt

My father has done geneology for his side but hit a brick wall after about 5 generations back due to records being a bit hard to follow. The spelling of his family name was "Americanized" at some point and was fairly common in this area (like the folks whose last names went from O'Kelly to Kelly). Plus he found census info confusing as nicknames were given by family members so a birth record may show the name as Clarence but everyone called him Pete so that's what the census record shows.

TLDR: I'm technically Canadian American since we can't actually trace back to Europe. :)
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how every white person who claims Native American heritage says they're Cherokee. lol

A TON of reasons for that too. My favorite is that calling someone a "Cherokee Princess" was the nice way of saying they were mixed white/black in the South back in the day. So...there are an awful lot of people with a great great grandmother that was a Cherokee Princess...even though there's absolutely no such thing as any kind of Cherokee royalty. I always just politely nod and smile.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Mostly German with a tiny bit of French, Scottish and Welsh.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Half American, half Texan.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me wish I had paid attention when my mom was telling me our family history. She used to be huge into the genealogy thing. Me.. could not care less.

All I know is I am white and from America..
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Fermented grape juice
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am 13th generation Dutch. My mothers family settled New Amsterdam. (New York). My father is from England, Newcastle on the Tyne, the rest of my Dads family now lives in Glasgow. Further back on my Dads side I do not know.
    We thought we had German heritage but we found out recently that's not true.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

So...Mexican...gotcha.
    Have you ever seen a Mexican ginger?

Yes...

66-canelo-alvarez-gt.jpg
    Dang you got me.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Fermented grape juice

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    ,but mostly Texan.

Which as all smart people know, is its own country :drinker:
    True that...

If that's so, then Alaska must be it's own continent. Because my homestate could be quartered and make Texas the 5th largest state ;)
    Texan pride > Alaskan pride. No contest.

Nah.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    German, Irish and Native American....Raised Southern!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I get asked this question from strangers about once a month... because I look ambiguous. I missed my calling as a spy. Sydney Bristow has nothing on me!

I am, as someone once told me... a green bean.

My dad was Hispanic, and I mean Hispanic as in he had family in the US for generations and I know there was some native American, Mexican, Spanish... and he used to tell me Aztec in the mix. Although, I always thought that last bit was because we lived on Aztec drive at the time.

My Mom is Irish. Her parents came from Ireland but that probably means there's some English in the mix.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Yep.^

I'm not 100% sure that I wasn't secretly adopted or switched as birth.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Half Greek, half Polack :p
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    100% Plains Cree... going back.. some 10K years :).... My daughter... Genetically 51% Cree... 49% Swedish (genealogy dating back to the 17th century)
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm a Irish, Puerto Rican from Jersey BUT live in CT!!! Whoa buddy lol!!
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm new here and I guess I've always been interested in people backgrounds mixed or not (call me nosey) anyway if you don't mind can you please share what your background is or if your mixed I'll start first :)
    My Mother is Filipino and my dad is Half Brazilian half German :) born in Palestine and raised in Canada! :smile:
    Please share everyone !

I was told, frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails!