Lina's Laughing Cow Beef Stoganoff (w/Pics)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I threw this together earlier using ingredients I already have in the house. You can definitely lower the calorie content of this recipe if you use fat free/low fat versions of the ingredients, but for the most things (like cheese & sour cream...mmmmmmm sour cream) I like to use the full fat version. Anyway, if you want, use fat free versions of the ingredients below and have a hay day!

I am surprised at how good this turned out. I kind of just threw all the ingredients that I thought would work together and mmm mmmm mmmm....YUM!

Here is what you will need:

1 Tablespoon smart balance spread
1 cup 2% milk (you can use skim, see? Lighten this sucker right up!)
4 wedges laughing cow garlic and herb light
2 tablespoons sour cream (you can use fat free and I bet you won't notice the difference)
1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (fat free would work here too!)
1 garlic clove, minced (I get a grater and grate the hell out of that sucker)
Salt to taste
Garlic Powder

8 ounces 93% lean ground beef
1cup sliced mushrooms
1 onion, diced
PAM Spray
Salt to taste

6 ounces wide egg noodles

Here what you do:

Grab your egg noodles and look at the package. You will notice that it is 12 ounces. You will only use half of that. Throw them into some boiling water with a dash of salt and let them boil for a good 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside for a minute. It's only a minute, they won't be lonely...promise.

Grab a sauce pot and add your smart balance and let it melt on medium heat. As soon as it melts, add your milk and mix. Then add your laughing cow cheese, sour cream, yogurt and let all of this melt together. It will look something like this!

m218251185.jpg

While all this simmers on a low/medium heat, cook up your ground beef. Grab a big pot (You want the big pot here because this is where everything is going at the end), add some pam spray, add the onions, toss them around until they are clear, throw your ground beef in there and brown it. Add some salt. It's easy. You've done it before. I'm confident this won't be hard for you. Oh and yes, add the mushrooms in there too and toss them around too. Cook them right up with the ground beef. Keep them on the burner on low heat.

m218251187.jpg

So now you have your pasta cooked, your beef and mushrooms ready, and your sauce simmering...woohoo!

Go back to your sauce and add the mozzarella cheese and let it melt in there. This thickens up the sauce a bit. Once it's melted, throw the fresh garlic in there. And stir. Stir. And stir some more.

Now, grab a spoon, dip it in the sauce, blow on it to cool it off a little, then shove the spoon in your mouth and concentrate on the taste. Does it need salt? Maybe? If so, add some. If not, you're good as gold.

Alright, pour the sauce over the ground beef and mushroom mixture....ohhhhhhhhhhh. This is all coming together! Stir. It should be saucy goodness at this point. Here, let me show you!

m218251188.jpg

Are you ready for the grand finale? Remember that pasta you cooked earlier? You need it now. Dump it in the pot with the sauce and meat. Dump and stir. Now add some garlic powder and stir more. I am a garlic freak so at this point I might even add some more garlic. You might not want to. I don't know, just taste and decide.

Guess what? Your meal is done.

m218251189.jpg

This serves 4 normal people or 3 hungry people or 2 my husbands.

Based on my calculations, it is 383 calories per serving (for 4 people).

Enjoy! :heart:

Replies