Gross/TMI question for the guys .....

Options

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Once again, 90% are missing the original question. It wasn't should she tell him or should they do it, it's how to tell him in a way that doesn't sound gross. So nevermind. It doesn't effect me anyway.

Thanks for not reading :laugh:

Honestly, unless the guy is 18 and never had sex with a girl before, I think they kind of understand that most women, on a monthly basis bleed from their vagina.

I advise your friend dates a man who won't cringe at words like "vagina" and "period".

With my SO, all I say is "We can totally have sex, I'm on my period though so should I grab a towel or are we hopping in the shower?"

Shows you clearly are still fine with sex, uses adult words like "period", and then the guy either picks an option or fesses up that he's not a fan of period sex and asks for a blow job instead.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I he's so immature you can't just tell him you're having your period, in simple language (I'm on my period, it's that time of the month, etc., etc., etc.) I question your decision to have sex with him in the first place. Find a grown-up!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Once again, 90% are missing the original question. It wasn't should she tell him or should they do it, it's how to tell him in a way that doesn't sound gross. So nevermind. It doesn't effect me anyway.

Honestly, unless the guy is 18 and never had sex with a girl before, I think they kind of understand that most women, on a monthly basis bleed from their vagina.

I advise your friend dates a man who won't cringe at words like "vagina" and "period".

With my SO, all I say is "We can totally have sex, I'm on my period though so should I grab a towel or are we hopping in the shower?"

Shows you clearly are still fine with sex, uses adult words like "period", and then the guy either picks an option or fesses up that he's not a fan of period sex and asks for a blow job instead.

yawn-o_zpse8477565.gif

Thanks hun, I can see why it wouldnt be a problem for you. =)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    <b>you have been warned! </b>

My friends and I were talking about this the other night. New relationship: it's sexy time, but she just started her period. lol How does he want to hear that? Every suggestion sounded disgusting or old fashioned. There must be a way to say it without killing the mood.

Thanks! (and I'm ready for the lecture on how natural it is, and she shouldn't be sleeping with him if she can't ..... blah blah blah).
    Either:

1) "It's that time of the month...but we could do other stuff if that bothers you...."
    2) In the shower as others have suggested...

And I'll also say that unless she already knows this would bother him, chances are he'll just opt for the towel and still be into it...
  • bevhillsilly
    bevhillsilly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Right? I think people got distracted thinking about sex in the shower...mm,mmmmmmm
    So, one way would be to say, " let's grab a towel" with a little wink/smile He will probably totally know instantly what she's talking about. "It's my time of the month"? Ugh that sounds so twee
  • GBrady43068
    Options

+1
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    "Do you want a *kitten*?" Tends to be a winner.

/thread

We have a winner, peeps. :drinker:
    I have yet to talk to any guy who said they were asked this by a girl and said "No, I actually want *real* s e x". :laugh:

Just saying....
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Thanks! (and I'm ready for the lecture on how natural it is, and she shouldn't be sleeping with him if she can't ..... blah blah blah).

Rylg5DW.gif
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i think it's good to give guys a head up in case they can't handle it, so I'll say, I'm having a girl issue, it that a problem?....it's usually not! lol
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What are we 12? Just say it,

^^This.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Just say " It's that time of the month" how about I go down on you instead.
    There, problem solved!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, the woman will probably be in so much pain that the very idea of sex at such a time is horrible. I have heard some people say that orgasm helps the cramps... uh, no, if she's anything like me the pain is so intense that orgasm is not possible. Just leave her alone for the four or five days this will take, guys, you can wait.
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey guy, heads up I am on my period so you have been warned. Now carry on if you wish. I likely will sound like a health professional, because, well, I am one. Pretty sure men know women have periods by this time in life.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm unclear on this: Does she want to wait it out? In other words, is she trying to find a way to say "no," or is she trying to find a way to say "yes, but you need to know this first?"

If she wants to say no, then say no... if she feels like he deserves an explanation, then just say it. She could soften it by saying "This ride is out of order for the next few days."

If she wants to say "yes, but..." then it is time to be more direct. If he cannot handle hearing about it, then he definitely won't be able to handle sex during that time (or maybe never, as one would have to be pretty immature).
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Seriously, be open and honest with the guy...You're about to have sex with him after all! 'I'm on my period, are you ok with having sex still?' then if he's not totally disgusted by the idea (my ex was like that, but he would still do anal while I was on the rag...odd that a little blood bothered him but up the poop shoot didn't :/ ) then offer options such as a towel and/or in the shower. If he's not into it, then offer to go down on him.

My current BF is all for the shower idea, no sense in letting a natural body function ruin a good time :wink:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    "Do you want a *kitten*?" Tends to be a winner.

/thread

We have a winner, peeps. :drinker:
    I have yet to talk to any guy who said they were asked this by a girl and said "No, I actually want *real* s e x". :laugh:

Just saying....

Since we are being candid here, I really don't get anything from a blow job... I'd rather get a hand job than a bj. And if she is saying no to vaginal sex, and yes to something else...

I realize I'm in the minority of men, but we do exist.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That doesnt stop me. Just put a towel down, or be prepared to change the sheets directly afterwards.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Just say something like "I really want to do this but it's not the right ... TIME... for a couple more days" and then you can still do other things that aren't affected by your TOM.

Or if you're dating sculli123 then just bust out the dark colored towel! ;)
    btw sculli123, I'm right there with you. But lots of guys AND girls aren't. #missingout

Thank you. =)

To sculli: My question wasn't whether or not to say it/do it. It was *how* to say it without sounding like a healthcare professional or someone's grandmother. But go ahead and read it the way you want.

The word period just sounds so gross.

It's not the word that's gross.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    don't be crass but say something. subtle hints may not work.

Suggestions:
    "I'm having my period"
    "It's that time of the month"
    "Aunt Flo staying over for a few days"
    "My monthly present arrived"
    Or "It's Shark Week" (just to give it the element of danger and excitement)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, the woman will probably be in so much pain that the very idea of sex at such a time is horrible. I have heard some people say that orgasm helps the cramps... uh, no, if she's anything like me the pain is so intense that orgasm is not possible. Just leave her alone for the four or five days this will take, guys, you can wait.

statue-head-in-hand-art-prints-on-sale-toby-davis.jpg
This discussion has been closed.