Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    He's my "ex" but he still rubs my feet for me while I fall asleep, almost every night. Sometimes, after I fall asleep, he'll do the dishes and let the dog out. I'm pretty sure he's the best ex-boyfriend ever. :)

He's not an ex. Denial isn't just what he gets when he asks for sex.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

b245640f26d9c186478d31388b191215549e_thumb.jpg

/ thread. Drops mic.

Yeah, this.

I have a cousin that just had a baby... and she posted this big long novel on her husband's FB wall with tons of intimate details about what a wonderful father he is, etc... and it's like, isn't he sitting on the couch next to you right now? Drives me nuts.

If she doesn't post it publicly to show all of her friends that she has the best husband ever...then it doesn't mean a thing!
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    He's my "ex" but he still rubs my feet for me while I fall asleep, almost every night. Sometimes, after I fall asleep, he'll do the dishes and let the dog out. I'm pretty sure he's the best ex-boyfriend ever. :)

He's not an ex. Denial isn't just what he gets when he asks for sex.

Snicker.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    "How are you doing in there babe?" My husband asks as he steps into the bathroom.
    From behind the shower curtain, I respond, "Great, just started shaving.

:huh:
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    He came up behind me, slapped my rear and said "Dang, there's only half as much to smack now! You have gotten super skinny!"

Masoganistic? Yeah, but he notices how hard I've worked to get to where I am and for that I'm grateful.

I love my redneck.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

/ thread. Drops mic.

Yeah, this.

I have a cousin that just had a baby... and she posted this big long novel on her husband's FB wall with tons of intimate details about what a wonderful father he is, etc... and it's like, isn't he sitting on the couch next to you right now? Drives me nuts.

If she doesn't post it publicly to show all of her friends that she has the best husband ever...then it doesn't mean a thing!
    I bet they divorce in a year, though.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My husband has always thanked me for raising the kids so well and working hard, at home and out of the home.
    I in turn have always thanked him for providing for us and being a great husband and father.
    Now that I am on this program to lose weight and normalize my BP, he is always saying how grateful he is that I am working so hard to make myself healthy.

We don't do flowers, candy and "normal" romantic things...we take time each day to appreciate each other. It may be sappy but it's held for 35 years.....
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This is getting a lot of unwarranted hate.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If my man entered the bathroom and opened the curtain on me while I showered I certainly would want something more than a choc. covered cherry in my mouth. I would be offended if that is all I got. :ohwell:

Yeah, no kidding.

Eta: we did just spend the weekend together celebrating our 12 year anniversary by installing a new floor and deck carpeting in his fishing boat. We are so freaking romantic.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If my man entered the bathroom and opened the curtain on me while I showered I certainly would want something more than a choc. covered cherry in my mouth. I would be offended if that is all I got. :ohwell:

Yeah, no kidding.

Eta: we did just spend the weekend together celebrating our 12 year anniversary by installing a new floor and deck carpeting in his fishing boat. We are so freaking romantic.
    At least you remembered your anniversary. My fiance and I have both forgotten a couple ...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

My husband has sex with me regularly. As long as he does that, he can do whatever he wants. That's as romantic as we get.

In for regular sex. :laugh: :laugh:
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I set out a path of rose pedals and chocolates down the hall to our bedroom where I placed a new vacuum cleaner with a big red bow on it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

/ thread. Drops mic.

Yeah, this.

^ QFT. All of this.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a truck driver and if he's gone for more than 5 days he sends me flowers. I know they will arrive, but it's still sweet to receive. Also he calls me every night just to say good night and pray with me and the kids. I am SO blessed!!

Some of his fellow truckers make fun if him, saying he's whipped. He says he'd rather be whipped than miserable and alone like them.

Not gonna tell you what happens when he gets home, use your imagination!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    This is getting a lot of unwarranted hate.

Haters gonna hate.

The other day, my pastor said, what's wrong with happiness? My five year old blurts out, "Nothing!" A five year old has figured this out. Sigh.

I think it's hard for people to hear about happy relationships when they are suffering in a cold singles scene. Everyone wants to be loved, but all that's being offered is hookups. Really sad out there. I think these types of posts trigger unhappy feelings for some.

:cry:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a truck driver and if he's gone for more than 5 days he sends me flowers. I know they will arrive, but it's still sweet to receive. Also he calls me every night just to say good night and pray with me and the kids. I am SO blessed!!

Some of his fellow truckers make fun if him, saying he's whipped. He says he'd rather be whipped than miserable and alone like them.

Not gonna tell you what happens when he gets home, use your imagination!!

LOL I hear that!!!

The secretary tells me mine is whipped all the time- I rarely ask him to do stuff other than suffer my busy schedule and time away from him for dance events- everything else he does because he wants to- which is awesome- and apparently makes him whipped. shrug- I'm okay with it. :D
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Probably because I have social/emotional issues due to having been raised in a religious cult in Alaska... pretty much cut off from all society outside our "church family." Not kidding. Some 15 years after getting out, still figuring out how the world really works.

OP, You're getting a little goofed on but most of us, with the possible exception of a certain large bird, get that you're just starting a positive message thread. :flowerforyou:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My husband worked 19 days in a row to provide extra money to pay off our bills. He regularly works 50-60 plus a crappy commute. I'm so gratefull that he works so hard that I don't mind that I had to take over the cooking and dishes. Yes, I work full time too and Yes, dished are my least favorite chore.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Yeah, no kidding.

At least you remembered your anniversary. My fiance and I have both forgotten a couple ...

Yeah, we usually are both working every year, and this year we were supposed to be off, at the same time. Lol, it didn't happen, he got called in, so whatever. He for some reason is convinced we are married an extra year longer though. He doesn't believe me when I tell him otherwise.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning and came home to my husband cooking my breakfast - a delicious egg and cheese sandwich, this was all before he dropped our children off at daycare before he went to school. he is brilliant.