How Acceptable Is It For A Grown Adult...

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
to shop at places like weathervane, hot topic, forever21, Aero, etc ? Clothing places where their teens / young adult kids would normally buy from.

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    to shop at places like weathervane, hot topic, forever21, Aero, etc ? Clothing places where their teens / young adult kids would normally buy from.

I live where it's hot most of the year. I can pay more for a similar item (cami or something like that) or pay less at Hot Topic / Forever 21, etc.
    If it's flattering and appropriate, I'm buying it.

ETA: Short answer: it's fine.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It is more about what you buy than where you buy it. I literally can't wear adult sizes from most stores because they start at like a 4-6 and the petite section often looks like it is for grandmothers... So I am just selective when I shop in "teen" stores. And I don't think it is unacceptable for a grown *kitten* woman to wear a Deadpool tshirt and jeans at home. So I do. ;)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    So long as what you are wearing properly fits and is appropriate for where you are going, where it came from doesn't matter.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I go there all the time. Lots of Doctor Who stuff.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Since when was an age limit put on stores? If you like it and it actually fits you, then I say go for it. I love hot topic!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm English so I don't know those exact stores, but I think it probably depends on what you buy. I've bought stuff from Top Shop here, which is aimed at teens, but just stuck to things that suit me and don't make me look like I'm trying to be half my age!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    <<< 16 year old boy- so I guess I'm legit to shop from there.

sweet.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You know what? After decades of having to shop in the plus size section, and never being able to wear the cute sexier styles from the average size sections of the stores.... I'm shopping where ever the heck I want and I'm rocking whatever I think looks good on me! To heck with what anyone else thinks! As long as I'm covered and comfortable, I'll buy and wear anything I like. Plus my hubby is liking the new me in the cute clothes!
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Shop wherever you find clothes that make you feel good !
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It is more about what you buy than where you buy it. I literally can't wear adult sizes from most stores because they start at like a 4-6 and the petite section often looks like it is for grandmothers... So I am just selective when I shop in "teen" stores. And I don't think it is unacceptable for a grown *kitten* woman to wear a Deadpool tshirt and jeans at home. So I do. ;)

This is for me also.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If I can't find it on line, I probably won't go out looking for it. I dislike shopping in general.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I saw some of THE coolest Doctor Who stuff in there just yesterday.

My daughter loves that store.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a grown adult to shop wherever they please.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I agree... as long as it fits and you aren't trying to look like a teenager/young adult, then it doesn't really matter.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I wear my 8 year-old's Batman shirts. I see nothing wrong with it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    who cares shop where you want

I prefer value village/thrift stores & ebay or etsy
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have built quite a collection of super hero attire from Hot Topic.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

YES!!!! Definitely! And I shop there for other clothes too. I love some of the styles they have. Why should there be an age limit on where you can shop. If you like it, you can wear, and you look good doing it (and frankly I don't care how I look as long as it makes me happy) then just do it.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Full grown adult and I've shopped at all of those places. Any other questions?

ETA: I have a picture of me on my profile of an Avengers t-shirt. I bought it for my boyfriend, but got it at Hot Topic. Also, band tees are the best casual wear ever.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Your money your rules.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you buy a shirt that is similar to one your tween daughter has, just don't wear it when she wears hers! You will never hear the end of it. LOL!!!!