How Acceptable Is It For A Grown Adult...

Options

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start shopping at Justice soon.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    to shop at places like weathervane, hot topic, forever21, Aero, etc ? Clothing places where their teens / young adult kids would normally buy from.

If you saw the same cami in Macy's for $20 and the other in Forever 21 for $12 which would you buy?
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i think it's way more acceptable than buying clothes at baby gap like I've seen a few dudes wear. Seriously, they need to stop that as much as the nipple flaunting tank tops at the gym
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start shopping at Justice soon.

Shopping there makes me feel pretty in pink.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I get compliments all the time whether I'm wearing my Charlie the Unicorn or Regular Show tees....doesn't phase me in the least
    Charlie_The_Unicorn_3__Evasive_by_tdrusk.png

400px-Regular-show-8.jpg

\m/
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If it fits you I see no problem with shopping there. I dont like it because the quality is cheap and wears out too fast.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about whether it's acceptable to judge where another adult chooses to or to not shop.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're only a year older than me, and I think half my wardrobe is from those stores.
    And Bootlegger; it sucks up all my disposable money, but I love the clothes at that store.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If I like it, it's going home. I don't give a rats fart what the younger set think.
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I still dress exactly the same as I did when I was 16, I still shop at hot topic and my body is the same as when I was 16 so it looks no different really. However it probably helps that I look young and get mistaken for a 19 year old on a daily basis.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    And how is it your business? I'm almost 42 and I still wear the hell out of cargo shorts and flip flops. If someone doesn't like it then they can avert their eyes
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I found it interesting that Hot Topic is selling band shirts that I wore in the 80's! Shop where want...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If I'm spending money, then why would management care?

Why would anyone else other than management care if I shop there?
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    to shop at places like weathervane, hot topic, forever21, Aero, etc ? Clothing places where their teens / young adult kids would normally buy from.

How acceptable is it for a grown adult to let other people control the person they are to the point that they'd cut things they enjoy from their lives just to please others that have no bearing on their quality of life?

Answer: It's ****in not.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I took a quiz on Facebook that said I'm actually a 19-year-old boy, so I'm good, right?

tumblr_mz7wo1IdGi1svw14do1_400.gif
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    What do you consider a "Grown Adult"?

I mean, I thought I was, but I buy dinosaur and Disney princess shirts from there on the regular. Do you have a problem with Blackheart? That's their sister store. They sell adult items, so I'm guessing it's okay for grown adults to shop there even if they have some of the same stuff as Hot Topic?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and I do. You can find age-appropriate, cute things in those stores.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I took a quiz on Facebook that said I'm actually a 19-year-old boy, so I'm good, right?

tumblr_mz7wo1IdGi1svw14do1_400.gif

I love the hell out of this gif. Stealing.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I buy clothes if I think they look nice on me or I look nice in them, regardless of who they are marketed to.

I may wear them differently, though. For example a miniskirt-length dress might look great as a dress on a 17 year old, but on me I wear it as a tunic over leggings. (I'm 50).
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Totally. I love my American Horror Story and Patrick (from Spongebob) t-shirts I got from Hot Topic.