What looked so good, but turned out to taste horrible

Options
Campbells Kettle Cooked Broccoli Cheese Bisque...tastes like I was eating garlic soup with strings of broccoli. GROSS!! Don't bother buying any :)

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Shhhhh my dad's homemade granola :(
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake with hidden raisins.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My last diet I snacked on wusabi edamame at work. I liked the spicy aspect at first but after a week or so, I despised the taste. Just nasty
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Anything with hidden raisins.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My mother and I to make some homemade energy / protein bars. She thought they were good, but we used some soy based protein in them and apparently I can't stand the taste of that stuff. Next time we'll use whey.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

anything with hidden raisins. they gotta be upfront about that!

any quiche. just can't get used to it.
  • Manarelle
    Manarelle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tofu 'cheese' and coconut 'milk.' Horrible. It's like drinking water when you expect milk.
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    Sunflower seed butter :(
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    One that whole raisin thing I’d have to agree and I love raisins. You know like raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies; that’s why I have trust issues.
    But I do love me some carrot cake, raisins or not!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Love spag bog, hate my husband's spag bog. It's nasty.

Cous cous, broccoli, cold beans, tomato ketchup, salad cream, peanut butter, fish unless battered.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Polenta. With it's rich golden colour, it looked so nice; tasted crap. Or rather, it didn't really taste of anything. I didn't like the texture either. That was a big disappointment!
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Daiya provolone cheese (just looked good on the packaging) melted it was tolerable but still kind of funky... and it had only 1 g of protein per slice....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    A salad I'd made before when I didn't have caraway seeds...and it's DELICIOUS...

http://www.spabettie.com/2013/03/18/cashew-cabbage-crunch-salad/

I added like 1/2 of what they suggest for caraway seeds and apparently I don't like those...it was terrible. It was beautiful and the perfect crunchy texture...but every bite of it just tasted like mustard to me. I tried it again the next day hoping it had "mellowed" but it was even worse :-(
  • lauraastridmcfrank
    Options
    Anything from Arby's. They're aren't many Arby's around so when I see one, I want to go. Everytime though, it's a disappointment. Maybe I won't get fooled next time.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Polenta. With it's rich golden colour, it looked so nice; tasted crap. Or rather, it didn't really taste of anything. I didn't like the texture either. That was a big disappointment!

I have a coeliac friend who takes issue with polenta too. The stuff that is fashioned into supposed 'chips' aggrieve her the most. I don't mind it when it's the mush at the side of the plate with a knob of butter and some parmesan. The stuff you buy all stuck together and then fry/roast, not so much.

For me, it's scallops. I reasoned that I should like them because I generally love seafood, but the texture :sick: I felt so guilty about ordering them at such a price and then finding out they were in the top 3 worst things I have ever put in my mouth.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

For me, it's scallops. I reasoned that I should like them because I generally love seafood, but the texture :sick: I felt so guilty about ordering them at such a price and then finding out they were in the top 3 worst things I have ever put in my mouth.

I felt that way about brie. I am a cheese lover but somehow had never tried it until my late 20's when I was at a nice restaurant with girlfriends...ordered an appetizer with brie as its focus and nearly choked. Everyone else loved it. eww ewwwww no.

Of course I have had 2-3 other occasions now when people insist that their specific way of serving brie or a special type/brand is so much better...I've played along but hated it all.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options

I have a coeliac friend who takes issue with polenta too. The stuff that is fashioned into supposed 'chips' aggrieve her the most. I don't mind it when it's the mush at the side of the plate with a knob of butter and some parmesan. The stuff you buy all stuck together and then fry/roast, not so much.

A coeliac shouldn't have any problem with polenta, it's usually just corn and water. If she bought pre-packaged polenta chips, maybe they contained gluten for some reason, or there is a contamination risk where they were made. To be fair, I really should've expected not to like polenta since I don't like corn, lol. XD
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in Germany I saw a marzipan croissant. Sounds delicious, right? It was absolutely inedible.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options

This. I always thought I'd love scallops. Finally sprung for fresh seared ones at a beachside place whose other seafood was awesome. Yeah... NO! The tecyure was gross and I found the meat itself oddly sweet.