What looked so good, but turned out to taste horrible

Options

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    sushi... I think it looks so pretty and like it should taste amazing and yet just cant get myself to eat it, its cold raw fish...ew.
  • Hachiko89
    Hachiko89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sushi. Looks sooo good, tastes soooo bad. And I really wanted to like it!
  • Hachiko89
    Hachiko89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    sushi... I think it looks so pretty and like it should taste amazing and yet just cant get myself to eat it, its cold raw fish...ew.

Haha great minds think alike!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever eaten anything I didn't like, I wonder how I got fat...

I really want to eat Pistachios, they look so fun and pretty but I found out I'm allergic AFTER I ate them for the first time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Japanese food...I despise miso soup. It looks good and smells decent but the taste is vile.

Chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt. Sounds good, right? Well the "peanut butter" was some sort of bizarre rubbery concoction that was supposed to taste like PB but didn't quite get there. I ate around it as well as I could at first but ended up tossing it in the trash.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Polenta. With it's rich golden colour, it looked so nice; tasted crap. Or rather, it didn't really taste of anything. I didn't like the texture either. That was a big disappointment!

I love polenta! But, of course, I make it creamy by cooking it in milk and adding marscopone cheese at the end. :laugh:
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pizza made with portobello mushrooms. :noway:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    For me, it's scallops. I reasoned that I should like them because I generally love seafood, but the texture :sick: I felt so guilty about ordering them at such a price and then finding out they were in the top 3 worst things I have ever put in my mouth.

I love seafood too, but I cannot get with scallops. I don't understand the texture/taste. I do not like them AT ALL, although they look so good at time. I refuse to be fooled. :sick:
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    jicama fries...saw it in a paleo book, they look like actual French fries, nice and crispy and yum...when you bite into it...it's like...ehh..heh...ok...not what I was expecting...it's like a French fry covered in syrup....bleh.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Polenta. With it's rich golden colour, it looked so nice; tasted crap. Or rather, it didn't really taste of anything. I didn't like the texture either. That was a big disappointment!

QFT. And grits! I keep trying to like them because they look so good, but they remind me too much of cream of wheat which my mother tortured me with as a child. Trauma... Lol
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    grits.
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies made with quinoa flour. They were like cookie taffy. They made excellent dog treats.
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All smoothies with banana in. I cannot stand bananas... the taste, the texture the smell all combine just to make the most horrific foodstuff.... I can't even watch someone eat one, and if I see someone mashing one my stomach just rises... ergh.

And they a staple in smoothies :noway:
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a spicy shrimp wrap at a Diner recently and had it sent back. It was not good. Too spicy in an inedible way. I like flavor with my spicy foods not bitterness.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Flan. It may have been bad flan but it was bad enough that I've never tasted it anywhere else.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My new breakfast/lunch meal looks absolutely disgusting...but tastes sooooo GOOD and is soooo GOOD for me:

1/2 cup of quinoa
    1 scoop of Amazing Grass Superfood
    blueberries
    blackberries
    mango or white peach
    flax and chia seed mix

This stuff looks like a dark green yucky mess...I LOVE IT, it tastes sooooo GOOD!
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies made with quinoa flour. They were like cookie taffy. They made excellent dog treats.

I thought dogs can't eat chocolate?? o.O
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Soy milkshake D:
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For me its.... buffalo chicken....

Every couple of years I find these great receipe's/pictures (especially during football/superbowl season) and I make a big batch of what looks so scrumptious (pictures of sliders or dips sucker me in everytime)... take a bite and remember that I hate the taste of Buffalo chicken.....ugh...
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries...they're so pretty....but no.