How to love eggs!

Options
124»

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I am making Scotch Eggs, with turkey sausage, I am going to bake them in the oven. I think the recipe looks good. I am making cauliflower macaroni and cheese with it.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    If you don't like them...uh, don't eat them. There are plenty of other ways to get in your macros without choking down things you don't actually enjoy. No need to make yourself miserable.

My thoughts exactly.

But, my favourite way to eat eggs is soft boiled. I then dip slices of toast into them...yumm. But if you don't like eggs, then chances are you won't like them soft boiled. I also enjoy them scrambled with a bit of salsa mixed in. It's super fast and yummy (to my taste buds).
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    What I do for poached eggs is the same except for one difference. My mother taught me that when the water is boiling, take a spoon and swirl the water into a mini whirlpool. Crack the egg right in the center of it and it will stay together a lot better that way.

Ah, interesting :) I tend to be usually poaching at least two at a time, so my priority is getting both in the pan quickly so I can set my phone timer, lol. If poaching one at some point, I maye try this out though, as it sounds quite effective :)
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Parmesan Egg - 1 Tablespoon butter (soft), 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1 large egg, 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Butter an individual ramekin, then dust ramekin with 1/2 the cheese. Break egg into ramekin and cover with cream. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 - 15 minutes until white is set.

This sounds delicious! Must try memorise proportions.. lol :)
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with mushrooms, tomatoes and marmite.

Over easy with ketchup and tabasco.

A fritatta with whatever left over veggies you have, potatoes, fresh parsley and whatever cheese you want.

I love eggs! :love:
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka!

One of my favourite things to make. You can use the recipe below and adjust spices based on your preference. I like mine spicy and add some hot pepper flakes and cayenne. Eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i love eggs lol my favorite is 1 whole eggs scrambled with pepper ... pour it into the skillet n add fresh chopped tomatoes, spinach, and basil (fresh) and put it on one tortilla with a bit of shredded cheese ... i make them for breakfast but it would be great for any time of the day :)
  • pink_daisychain
    pink_daisychain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry should have made it clear. I have never actually tried an egg! My mum hated them so i was never given them and her dislike for them has rubbed off on me so just wanted some ideas on hows best to try them for the first time so i would potentially like them. Thanks for all the recipe suggestions!
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sorry should have made it clear. I have never actually tried an egg! My mum hated them so i was never given them and her dislike for them has rubbed off on me so just wanted some ideas on hows best to try them for the first time so i would potentially like them. Thanks for all the recipe suggestions!

What kind of stuff DO you like to eat? This might help people pick out recipes that might appeal.

Like others, I like eggs in many forms - especially just fried and put on top of a hearty salad of some kind.

When I was kid, I ate a lot of eggs in toast, like this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/egg-in-the-hole-recipe.html

That might be a good egg-beginner recipe?