Body by vi

Options

Replies

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Taste: Horrible
    Price: Expensive
    Effects: Despite reviews saying it kept them full I found that I was hungry within half an hour. It also upset my stomach. Once I just started eating smaller portions of my regular meals I found success.

Seems this review got totally ignored...

Nope it hasn't been
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    My two cents:
    I was given a one month supply from my aunt because she gave up on it, was signed up for their stupid auto-renew via credit card and had a month's supply that she wasn't going to use.

It was a good month. I had the vanilla creme flavor, mixed it mostly with dark chocolate almond milk and a tablespoon of peanut butter. That is where the "nutrition" in your shakes can get tricky. I was told to mix jello packs in with them and all kinds of other crazy stuff. I decided to stick with what I enjoyed and what was working for me. I only drank one shake a day, usually at supper time. In the month, I guess I lost about 15 pounds. That was also because I was remaining at a deficit, running 3-4 days a week and staying under my calorie allowance.

Basically, I think they taste fine, they can serve a purpose for meal replacement, I felt full for the evening most nights, and if you can afford it, why not try it. I will also say that there's nothing magic about it. It is more or less an overpriced meal replacement shake.

I hope this has been somewhat beneficial. I'm not sold on the product enough to pay what they want for it, but I didn't mind drinking them in place of a high calorie supper.

Thank you
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    The trick I use when I want to know about a product is to go to Amazon and check their one and two star reviews, maybe some three stars. If they all pretty much have the same complaints and there are lots of them, I don't care what the (possibly paid and fake) positive reviews say, I don't buy the product.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    No I am not selling it I want to try it. And as I said I'm not interested in hearing from negative posters who have not tried it, but don't mind people who have tyvm

I have a good friend who quit her job as an executive with a cellphone company in order to sell this crap. She's the kind of person who could sell pretty much anything to anyone, but she couldn't keep a clientele with this stuff. She finally had to go back to cellphones. That's my only experience with the product, vicariously and through supply rather than demand, but from that limited experience, I wouldn't bother.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    OP my two cents and I will try to refrain from being negative or at the very least snarky.

I personally have not tried it but from my time on mfp (few months shy of two years) the majority of successful people on here who have lost weight and kept it off, as well as gotten into phenomenal shape have refrained from using such products or learned very quickly there is no substitute for a healthy and sustainable diet usually consisting of a moderate deficit and exercise.

My advice would be to save your money and start developing a healthy relationship with food and moderation. Exercise also has many benefits.

A couple of links to help you on your way...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

IMO if you use a tool like the products from "Body by vi" they can cause you to lose weight but in actuality it is just being in a calorie deficit that causes weight loss, and if you rely to heavily on these type of products they inevitably become a crutch. In summary I think it would be beneficial for you to develop a healthy relationship with food asap.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

ETA: While I don't listen to all the fear talk about soy (I love my Morningstar Farms/Boca LOL) that site makes a LOT of good points.

ETA2: GMOs. Don't get me started on THAT one.
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    OP my two cents and I will try to refrain from being negative or at the very least snarky.

I personally have not tried it but from my time on mfp (few months shy of two years) the majority of successful people on here who have lost weight and kept it off, as well as gotten into phenomenal shape have refrained from using such products or learned very quickly there is no substitute for a healthy and sustainable diet usually consisting of a moderate deficit and exercise.

My advice would be to save your money and start developing a healthy relationship with food and moderation. Exercise also has many benefits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

IMO if you use a tool like the products from "Body by vi" they can cause you to lose weight but in actuality it is just being in a calorie deficit that causes weight loss, and if you rely to heavily on these type of products they inevitably become a crutch. In summary I think it would be beneficial for you to develop a healthy relationship with food asap.

Thank you for not being rude. Too many bullies already on here
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No one is bullying you.
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    Yea ok
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Where has there been bullying? I haven't seen any. These shakes and things are just schemes that are completely unnecessary for weight loss purposes. Not to mention expensive. You can do so many better things for your body for less expense and get a lot more out of it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Do a search in the forums for "body by vi." You'll find a TON of threads that basically say the same things that have already been said here.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    In for rudeness and bullies. And squandering money away on overpriced crap.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    She has been given facts. It is up to her to believe what she wants.

I also had friends that sold it....it is all about making money. Thats it.

Somehow I knew this would turn into a bully thread though.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

No one is bullying you.

Bullies = People who have given the OP information that didn't walk the little line that was set in the original post. It doesn't matter that the information was correct or anything like that. It wasn't what the OP wanted to hear. Thus, bullies.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I had a friend using this stuff. She lost some weight...then gained it all back, and then some. It was noticeable.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The OP wanted only people who have actually tried it to comment.

Is that really such an incredible request and difficult to understand? I personally won't pay a ton of money on a sub par product that promises more than it delivers, and i don't think anyone has been a bully, here. But c'mon, people. If you don't have the experience, positive or negative, why bother posting?

And yes I realize I don't have experience with it, either, but I figured I'd risk it since this thread seemed in need of a little mediation. So yes, I'm a hypocrite. :-P
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Is that really such an incredible request and difficult to understand? I personally won't pay a ton of money on a sub par product that promises more than it delivers, and i don't think anyone has been a bully, here. But c'mon, people. If you don't have the experience, positive or negative, why bother posting?

And yes I realize I don't have experience with it, either, but I figured I'd risk it since this thread seemed in need of a little mediation. So yes, I'm a hypocrite. :-P

All the positive she will get is people trying to sell it. I know people who have done it. I know that it is way overpriced and she does not need it. Is my opinion invalid?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I already gave you my review, but I'm going to tell you about a friend who used it.

He lost 60 pounds in just a few months. I was just starting out and struggling to lose even a pound a week (I'll admit, I was very inaccurate with logging). At that time I couldn't afford it, so I was just stuck doing what I was doing. Eventually I managed to lose about 20 pounds and my cousin sold me some (he was in great shape, so I figured he actually used it but found out later he has never even tasted it). When I finally reached my goal I ran into the friend who lost 60 pounds in a few months. He was even fatter than when he started. He admitted that he never actually learned how a balanced diet worked, he just drank two shakes a day and had a small salad for dinner. With my help he's lost most of that weight again and is maintaining at a very healthy weight.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Taste: Horrible
    Price: Expensive
    Effects: Despite reviews saying it kept them full I found that I was hungry within half an hour. It also upset my stomach. Once I just started eating smaller portions of my regular meals I found success.

completely agree with her.. it flipped my stomach. the ingredient list is longer than my arm.. ill stick to my green smoothies.i know whats in them.

i also agree with these may work for a short time, but in the long run once you stop them you will most likely gain back whatever weight you release.

my suggestion is eat well balanced meals, protein, fats, carbs.. contrary to what some people think carbs are good for you. for me what works is plant based, but we each have to find what works for our bodies.exercise, drink water.. its what i call the power of 3.. its worked for me so far,

good luck in finding what works for you, but there is no magic shake, pill. there is no magic bullet to releasing weight. determination, desire, you are your own magic bullet. the effort you put in to do what it takes to get to be where you want to be.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

All the positive she will get is people trying to sell it. I know people who have done it. I know that it is way overpriced and she does not need it. Is my opinion invalid?

Not invalid, but unwanted. Some people need to learn the hard way to value others' input. If those are the parameters she put on her thread, that's her choice.