Body by vi

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just because I didn't respond, doesn't mean I didn't read it and take note.
    except you came and posted this. about some miracle product.

not responding to a "tell me what to eat" thread, then posting a "does this work?" thread about something else is kind of telling.
    You know what maybe this works for some people. Nothing is one size fits all, everyone is different. So of this works for me then great. If not then lesson learned.

I have a question. What are you hoping that it will do? You said, "so if this works". What are you wanting out of it?

That's kind of a stupid question, I want to lose weight.

It's not a stupid question.

You want a pre-packaged fix. That's what you want. You don't want to put effort into trying the system as is, you're looking for a turn-key one-size-fits-all solution.

While you may lose some weight on the magic shakes, it won't last when you stop and go back to food... if you don't learn how to eat properly.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You know what maybe this works for some people. Nothing is one size fits all, everyone is different. So of this works for me then great. If not then lesson learned.

I have a question. What are you hoping that it will do? You said, "so if this works". What are you wanting out of it?

How do you think this product will MAKE you lose weight? What is special about it that it will cause weight loss?
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

How do you think this product will MAKE you lose weight? What is special about it that it will cause weight loss?

Calorie restriction. I want to see of it'll work for me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

same thing is possible with, you know... food.

it just takes effort.
  • usmcmp
    Options

One shake is 140 calories. You'll be hungry again in an hour (I've tried them). 6oz of chicken and a large portion of vegetables is around 200 calories, but keeps you full for 4 hours (plus it costs less).
  • Melmo1988
    Options

One shake is 140 calories. You'll be hungry again in an hour (I've tried them). 6oz of chicken and a large portion of vegetables is around 200 calories, but keeps you full for 4 hours (plus it costs less).

One shake is actually 110 cals. Mix with milk and it's about 240 depending on wht milk you use. Add banana and you've got 340.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Eh. I say just let her do whatever. It's a road most of us have stubbornly taken and I've found (more often lately) that it's futile to even attempt to help anyone because they were already going to do whatever fad/idea they were asking about anyways.

She's got the samples, there is a good chance she'll end up wasting money anyways "just in case" the samples weren't enough, and then she'll end up coming back to either ask about a different product or lurk around until she runs into the Sexy Pants and Words of Trog links.

Hoping the lurking and links part but hey. ..."Everyone is different"... >.>
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The shakes taste nasty, despite everyone saying they taste good, and I can't have too much soy and didn't know until after that it is soy based so i got sick. The only thing that "works" is eating the proper amount of calories. I do however highly recommend their cereal. It tastes amazing, and is the only cereal I have found that has a decent amount of protein in it that tastes good. It is also made with whey not soy. It is expensive though. The only reason I get it is because most weekdays I have cereal for dinner as I don't have much time after getting home from the gym. Lately it hasnt been in my budget though. :) Good luck on your journey! :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Eh. I say just let her do whatever. It's a road most of us have stubbornly taken and I've found (more often lately) that it's futile to even attempt to help anyone because they were already going to do whatever fad/idea they were asking about anyways.

She's got the samples, there is a good chance she'll end up wasting money anyways "just in case" the samples weren't enough, and then she'll end up coming back to either ask about a different product or lurk around until she runs into the Sexy Pants and Words of Trog links.

Hoping the lurking and links part but hey. But..."Everyone is different"...>.>

You're right. Most of us have taken that road. Probably why I get so frustrated at these threads, because I always hope people learn from my mistakes.
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    Plus everyone keeps saying how expensive it is. One bag with 30 servings is 50 dollars. That's 1.66 per serving. Not bad to me.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    The shakes taste nasty, despite everyone saying they taste good, and I can't have too much soy and didn't know until after that it is soy based so i got sick. The only thing that "works" is eating the proper amount of calories. I do however highly recommend their cereal. It tastes amazing, and is the only cereal I have found that has a decent amount of protein in it that tastes good. It is also made with whey not soy. It is expensive though. The only reason I get it is because most weekdays I have cereal for dinner as I don't have much time after getting home from the gym. Lately it hasnt been in my budget though. :) Good luck on your journey! :drinker:

^Now this I can get behind. If you like the taste of something and can afford it (despite it being overpriced), kudos to you. I've spent too much money on Quest bars because I love them, not because I "need" them.

Thinking that a product is going to magically help with weight loss is the issue. Thinking it's going to somehow teach you how to manage your calories is also an issue. They don't. That's something you have to learn and doing shake supplements isn't going to be the way. It can be a way to meet your calorie goals, yes, if you like it (just like how some people like chicken, rice, or brownies). But it's not something you "need" to lose weight, nor will it teach you self-control.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Hoping the lurking and links part but hey. But..."Everyone is different"...>.>

You're right. Most of us have taken that road. Probably why I get so frustrated at these threads, because I always hope people learn from my mistakes.

Agreed. It is frustrating. You want to help people understand they don't need anything but themselves but I think that's just something they need to work out themselves, if they ever do.

At least the basics are out there, regardless if people roll their eyes at the repetitive pasting of links.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Plus everyone keeps saying how expensive it is. One bag with 30 servings is 50 dollars. That's 1.66 per serving. Not bad to me.

My guess is that's about $100 a month, right?
    If you can afford it, so be it.

I just ask that you follow the process laid out here on MFP.
    Count your calories and eat a reasonable deficit and find an exercise you enjoy.
    Trying to hit your Macros as close as possible.
    ^^All this is important.

Then when you hit your goal or as you're getting closer to it.
    Try replacing the shakes with food you love that fit into your needs.
    There you will have learned hopefully what to eat, etc to maintain your goal. (Maintenance)

The end will be you have that money >> $100 to buy new clothes, dresses, swim suit, etc.

:flowerforyou:
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I thought it tasted good however I just couldnt do the whole shake as a meal thing. It was not for me. It is very expensive IMO. I have seen people do great on it, but like I said not for me.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

until she runs into the Sexy Pants and Words of Trog links.

I dunno.... I think the OP and Trog have kinda gotten off on the wrong foot.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've tried their cereal. It was given to me.

It tasted fine, but I would NEVER pay for it! Buying Kashi or some other such cereal in a store would be a LOT less expensive.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It tasted fine, but I would NEVER pay for it! Buying Kashi or some other such cereal in a store would be a LOT less expensive.

Wow. That's how you know it's really expensive. When Kashi gets recommended as a cheaper option :laugh:
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    Well I tried it, waay too sweet, and mixed it with 2 cups milk
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Wow. That's how you know it's really expensive. When Kashi gets recommended as a cheaper option :laugh:

lol yes its not cheap, however kashi is very bland. so when i feel like spending the money i buy the vi cereal. Lately i just have oatmeal crisp and then more protein shakes to make up for the less protein, the oatmeal crisp is a good tasty comparison :laugh:
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    What a pointless thread.