Is this weird?

Options
124»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'll go with weird too.

It's not the fact that you're on a diet, it's the rigidity with which you diet that people object to.
    In this instance, it can be considered kind of 'high handed'.

'Surely, you could partake of this *one* occasion' is what people who give you sideways glances might be thinking.

It's one thing if you're allergic to what's being served, or you have a medical condition....
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good God, how many times do I have to write that I realized that this wasn't a big deal and that I'll just ask them to order me a salad next time?

It's a calorie counting website. There may be a food issue or topic sensitivity here and there.

Yeah I guess so. This thread is the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill (although I admit I started it when I reacted how I did).

Are you in Colorado or Washington State where Pot is legal? Sounds paranoid to me, everyone looking at me funny.?? What are they thinking about me? Now it's a non issue? Just sayin'.

Thanks for that insight. No, it's just plain old insecurity.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Good God, how many times do I have to write that I realized that this wasn't a big deal and that I'll just ask them to order me a salad next time?

It's a calorie counting website. There may be a food issue or topic sensitivity here and there.

Yeah I guess so. This thread is the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill (although I admit I started it when I reacted how I did).

Are you in Colorado or Washington State where Pot is legal? Sounds paranoid to me, everyone looking at me funny.?? What are they thinking about me? Now it's a non issue? Just sayin'.

Thanks for that insight. No, it's just plain old insecurity.

Weed can sometimes cure that? :-) Just Kidding.. I think...
  • hookilau
    Options

Not everyone reads all the responses -- they read the OP and hit reply.

YUP. I don't always follow the conversation unless there are gifs :laugh:
    Especially when someone asks for an opinion :ohwell:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You called?
  • stillhere1981
    Options
    Update: So I ate an ice cream sandwich (160 calories) because I was good at lunch. I got a comment from a coworker something like "Oh, now you'll eat something, but you wouldn't eat lunch yesterday." The only thing I said about my lunch to anyone yesterday was that I wanted to eat something that was easy to count the calories. I'm just not going to talk about any of it anymore. I have learned my lesson.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Update: So I ate an ice cream sandwich (160 calories) because I was good at lunch. I got a comment from a coworker something like "Oh, now you'll eat something, but you wouldn't eat lunch yesterday." The only thing I said about my lunch to anyone yesterday was that I wanted to eat something that was easy to count the calories. I'm just not going to talk about any of it anymore. I have learned my lesson.

unfortunately you've already said something.

There is no going back.

You should have said- yes.
    But lunch yesterday was an unknown AND I had my own food.
    This is exactly 160 calories. Lunch was exactly 500 calories. So I'm still okay for the day. Nothing personal- I just like knowing what I'm eating in terms of calories- I'm on a tight budget.
  • stillhere1981
    Options

unfortunately you've already said something.

There is no going back.

You should have said- yes.
    But lunch yesterday was an unknown AND I had my own food.
    This is exactly 160 calories. Lunch was exactly 500 calories. So I'm still okay for the day. Nothing personal- I just like knowing what I'm eating in terms of calories- I'm on a tight budget.

I just figured it wasn't worth the discussion. I think the more I explain myself the more it brings attention to it. Hopefully people will just forget about it eventually.
  • stillhere1981
    Options
    It may also have been some good natured teasing.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Other options is yeah- so what- tought ti**ies.

LOL you don't need to always explain yourself.

I can fit it today- I couldn't yesterday- and leave it at that.

I find snark perfect for people who like to be nosy in my business- but I"m uber forward about such things.

Let it go and see what happens- I suspect you'll be dealing with it more than you hoped. Either way- stay the course- you like your food- you prepped your food- eat what you want- and if that's YOUR food- then eat that. You can stand your ground- it's totally fine.
  • hookilau
    Options
    You called?

:laugh: