Do you get offended and hurt when .................

Options

Replies

• heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't even notice, so no :smile: . I'm not going to be everyone's flavor, and I'm okay with that.

I delete people when they are constantly negative, or inactive.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    No. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even notice...
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So far I've only deleted one person, and that was just because of the unrelenting self-pity and self-loathing he was filling my feed with every day combined with his complete lack of willingness to actually take a positive step to actually do something about it. The non-stop negativity was just too much.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It's happened a couple times where I didn't understand why and it hurt a tiny bit, but mostly no.

I tend to only delete if the person never logs in, or if there's a lot of drama around their posts.
  • Stacy_of_Oregon
    Stacy_of_Oregon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nope... Life is too short to allow a stranger to affect my emotions...and by stranger I mean ANYONE I INTERACT WITH ON THE INTERNET and have not touched physically... IF I can't or haven't touched do they even exist???

I agree.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Someone I really liked unfriended me. I shouldn't care, but I do. *takes swig from mysterious flask*
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Don't notice, don't care. I have way too many other issues going on to be worried about someone deleted me off mfp. lol
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

The most common reason for deletes on FB is political shares.

I have to admit, they are annoying.

Unless I agree with them.

If I disagree, they are just making them selves seem so ignorant.

...Oh.
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i delete people when:

1. I'm drunk
    2. They are inactive for ever
    3. They never comment back
    4. They support clean eating
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

That's what the hide button is for... but I only use that if the person is being really annoying.. and then I unhide after the political season.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

...Oh.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Nope... Life is too short to allow a stranger to affect my emotions...and by stranger I mean ANYONE I INTERACT WITH ON THE INTERNET and have not touched physically... IF I can't or haven't touched do they even exist???

I agree.

What about people you know in real life but haven't touched-- are they real? Wait, how do you know the people you HAVE touched are real? Turtles all the way down . . .

tumblr_m8mjjgVGfs1rzwgiuo1_r2_250_zps7493e97b.gif
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nope! Don't notice, don't care. While I'm happy for my MFPals when they make their accomplishments and enjoy some of their posts, and will get further involved if specific help is requested, I don't invest a whole lot of time and emotion into them. I've got plenty of other things to worry about in my real life.

Then again I'm older and my life doesn't revolve around social media.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

That's what the hide button is for... but I only use that if the person is being really annoying.. and then I unhide after the political season.

And I use it a lot.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well.

I guess people tag me in stuff, or my friends start commenting on a mutual friends meme, or a mutual friend gets tagged in a meme and it still pops up.

Oh well.

I'm a big girl who can give a meme a healthy eye roll and move along.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I agree.

What about people you know in real life but haven't touched-- are they real? Wait, how do you know the people you HAVE touched are real? Turtles all the way down . . .

tumblr_m8mjjgVGfs1rzwgiuo1_r2_250_zps7493e97b.gif

537.gif
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's just the internet don't even worry about it.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    :yawn:
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    :drinker: just interested in hearing other people opinion
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It depends, sometimes I don't notice but recently someone deleted me and the only reason why I noticed was the person was quite active and I didn't see their post anymore so I looked them up and sure enough they removed me. It did hurt a bit as I see the person all the time on the message bords but oh well.

I delete people that they have a blank profile pic with no pics and when they are inactive and never comment on my wall post.I also reject friend request when the person seems sketchy