Do you get offended and hurt when .................

Options

Replies

• BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    :drinker: just interested in hearing other people opinion

I assumed so :)

I meant to say "I don't even worry about it" in my last post, so I kinda worded it wrong aha
  • cami_toad
    Options
    I get really butt hurt over it and want to cry myself to sleep. Then I go eat a twinkie and all is right in the world.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

The most common reason for deletes on FB is political shares.

I have to admit, they are annoying.

Unless I agree with them.

If I disagree, they are just making them selves seem so ignorant.

...Oh.

Ok, good. I wasn't the only one who noticed that too.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Generally nope.
    If I thought we had a decent connection I may wonder.

But really aside from people I've met...for the most part IDGAF.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I don't get offended and I have never deleted anyone from my friends list. Sometimes I worry about some of my friends and their habits/obsessions, but I don't delete.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dont notice dont care

i delete people when I feel like it probably because they annoy me for some reason
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends on this site. I avoid a lot of "problems" that way.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I have the Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting reaction. I'm happy for them that they realized that they deserved better.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll add people just to be friendly, but if after a while we have not talked to each other at all or their updates clutter up my news feed I clean house.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

...Oh.

I just assumed everyone who didn't agree with a persons political idea thought that person to be quite ignorant.

I generally assume the person with the highly opposite or opposing ideas are simply mis-informed, or un-educated.

Is that just me? :huh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

...Oh.

I just assumed everyone who didn't agree with a persons political idea thought that person to be quite ignorant.

I generally assume the person with the highly opposite or opposing ideas are simply mis-informed, or un-educated.

No, the people who generally get threads shut down on MFP about politics or religion feel similarly.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Were these the same people who weren't responding to your texts a little while ago?
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I also delete for stupid cardio logging "SoAndSo burned 659 calories doing 45 minutes of cleaning or food preparation". Bwahahahaha! Gone!

I'm guilty of that...well I use 'cleaning' because they don't have 'craft show set up and tear down' which is usually about 4 hours of constant moving of boxes and setting up tables and making things gorgeous. I use cleaning because it's less calories than 'moving boxes' and then add a comment saying what it really was. LOL
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I delete folks that are not active for X-amount of time... folks that are obviously here for a reason other than improving their lifestyle... and sometimes just because... I am Libra... I am Fickle... and YOU will pay attention to me OR you will be GONE!!! Gone DO YOU HEAR ME???? oh... umm..just kidding

Ummmmmm.....I'm a Taurus and I do all of the above and no I'm not kidding...........except for the "being here for a reason other than to improve their lifestyle", I like to have a good time.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    No
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm actually surprised this is not a zombie thread.

I overcome pretty quick. I also keep a small friends list because my sarcasm can be a bit much. :bigsmile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

...Oh.

So people with differing opinions from yourself automatically means they are misinformed, uneducated, or/and ignorant???
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I also delete for stupid cardio logging "SoAndSo burned 659 calories doing 45 minutes of cleaning or food preparation". Bwahahahaha! Gone!

I'm guilty of that...well I use 'cleaning' because they don't have 'craft show set up and tear down' which is usually about 4 hours of constant moving of boxes and setting up tables and making things gorgeous. I use cleaning because it's less calories than 'moving boxes' and then add a comment saying what it really was. LOL

LOL:laugh:
  • justinitsul
    justinitsul Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That pink top
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

...Oh.

So people with differing opinions from yourself automatically means they are misinformed, uneducated, or/and ignorant???

Yes. At best.

We've all been uneducated or misinformed about a topic or many or even all of them in our lives at one point.

You wouldn't completely disagree with an idea/meme while assuming it's a great idea that's well thought out?

I think it's best to assume a friend with differing views is un-educated or misinformed on the subject and move along than try to actually use social media to talk about a political issue, especially at election time.

It's too divisive.

Most people who constantly post political things seem to be more so advertising and supporting their beliefs than open to discussions about them, in my experience. There are exceptions to that.