Re-Thinking Protein

Options
1235»

Replies

• Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options
    Protein recommendations vary greatly from source to source.

I see people without sources claiming they are right, and he is wrong because of his lack of sourcing....uhhhhhh

That's enough, because an opinion without source is effectively countered by another opinion without source...uhhhhh cause same level of evidence ya know
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a meat eater. When I was pregnant, I was so anemic, the doctor was going to send me to the hospital. I take iron supplements, B 12 and other vitamins to make up for lack of meat products in my diet.

Read the China Study, definitely, less high fat foods will extend your life, and help you avoid many diseases.

Really, look at so many talented actors who died early, mainly due to poor diet, rip Chris Farley...
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    In...for Roid rage and science.

Not to mention those spit roasted vegans someone mentioned earlier.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sometimes doing what is right is hard because everyone around you doesn't agree. Change and unconventional lifestyles can be scary for some people so they respond with negativity. However you know a vegan lifestyle is peaceful and harms no. You will have great health and benefit our environment. Any negative comments are just insecurities from people that feel threatened or guilty, afraid of change.

Cheers to pioneers!

This is where reading the entire thread comes in handy. OP is not vegetarian or vegan.
    I'm not vegan...not even vegetarian... just wanted to look at some different aspects of nutrition

But kudos on turning a disagreement about the validity of the article's claims into a character attack. Strong second post.
  • kgeyser
    Options
    I am not much of a meat eater. When I was pregnant, I was so anemic, the doctor was going to send me to the hospital. I take iron supplements, B 12 and other vitamins to make up for lack of meat products in my diet.

Read the China Study, definitely, less high fat foods will extend your life, and help you avoid many diseases.

Really, look at so many talented actors who died early, mainly due to poor diet, rip Chris Farley...

Chris Farley died of a drug overdose.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

Sorry, I confused him with John Candy, who died of a heart attack.
  • kgeyser
    Options

Sorry, I confused him with John Candy, who died of a heart attack.

Candy's father died of heart disease at 35, and Candy himself was a pack-a-day smoker. Not saying his weight was not a contributing factor, but to blame poor diet alone without considering family history and lifestyle is reaching a bit.