What to eat when you have excess calories? Like over 600+

Options

Replies

• raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If you give your body any calorific expectations it will demand those calories every day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    i think you're getting instead all the nutrition you need if you eat more you'll not loose if you feel like eating eat proteins or a couple of fruits no peanut butter as many suggested or ice cream is pointless
    Why no to peanut butter? Because it has fat?
    Ice cream is pointless? Please explain why that is.

How about we compromise and recommend peanut butter flavored ice cream? It tastes good and can help make up the 600 desired calories!

33aezd1.jpg

Yes, this! And pizza. Mmmmm, pizza.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry?

How do you know how somebody else got overweight? After looking through your last week's worth of diary entries, I personally wouldn't accept any dietary advice from you ... less than 700 total calories one day, a whole bag of Reese's another ... one extreme or another.

yep cause that's how I do things.......NOT......I don't usually eat with my emotions but last week I did. And my calorie intake is quite frankly non of your damn business and neither is what I eat. And what gives you the right to judge me? You don't know me. And your telling me that (I'm assuming you are or were overweight) that you didn't get that way by eating when you weren't hungry? I had a very emotional week last week and your going to judge me without knowing the why's or what's of it...SMDH. You should be ashamed of yourself for dipping in my business where you clearly have no reason to be. STFO of my personal space.

YOU put the information in the public domain. YOU chose to tell others how to eat. YOU made general statements that don't hold true. YOU made assumptions that are not true. Get as upset as YOU want, but directing that anger at me is misplaced. Look in a mirror and yell at the person you see there. They are the common denominator in all of this.

If YOU bothered to pay attention .. I didn't judge you. I simply stated that I would not take dietary advice from you. A wise decision based on your public diary and public admission that you "had a very emotional week" that somehow justifies an entire bag of Reese's (according to YOUR diary). Telling others what they should do when you don't do it yourself is hypocritical ... again, something you should discuss with the person you see in the mirror.

If truth makes you lash out and tell others to "STFO" (as though initials truly hide your profane intent) ... it is revealing.

I did NOT give dietary advice. I said why would anyone feel the need to force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. I did not say don't do it. And yes I get upset when you judge me based on things you know nothing about. And didn't care to find out before you posted it. I also didn't give you any advice what so ever, you or the OP. And yes you were and still are judging me. I did eat that bag and at the time I enjoyed every bite of it, not so much after it was said and done. But it's whatever. And yes I did put the initials in to hide the profanity only because saying it outright would get me a nice little love note from the MODS. And revealing HOW? Because I curse and eat bags of Reece's I'm a bad person. You don't know crap about me and thankfully I don't have people like you on my friends list.
    The person I see in the mirror has lost over 200lbs in two years and I've very proud of her. She's worked her butt off getting to where she is today, she's not perfect and she sometimes fails at what she does, but she doesn't let it define her or her ability to get back up work even harder to get to where she wants to be. If she listened to people like you she may decide to not get back up because apparently she's not worth the effort because she had a bad day.
    My General Statement DOES hold true...Why eat if your not hungry?
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Learn to listen to your body. You say you are at 600+ on calories and never hungry......Don't Eat ! Never feel obligated to eat.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry?

Hunger isn't a good gauge of how much you need to eat - if a 35 year old man is eating 1200 calores a day* - then yes - he should eat, not matter what his body says.

*Aims for 1800 - but still has 600+ left to eat. That's already low for a man.

Not hungry is not hungry and NO one should force themselves to eat if they truly aren't hungry. He can make better choices in his foods thru out the day to be sure not to get into that kind of negativity intake. That's the advice that should be given, not eat even though you aren't hungry.

Sorry what now?

If he's 600 calories under his goal -YES he should eat. Anorexics aren't hungry...
  • tmauck4472
    Options

How do you know how somebody else got overweight? After looking through your last week's worth of diary entries, I personally wouldn't accept any dietary advice from you ... less than 700 total calories one day, a whole bag of Reese's another ... one extreme or another.

yep cause that's how I do things.......NOT......I don't usually eat with my emotions but last week I did. And my calorie intake is quite frankly non of your damn business and neither is what I eat. And what gives you the right to judge me? You don't know me. And your telling me that (I'm assuming you are or were overweight) that you didn't get that way by eating when you weren't hungry? I had a very emotional week last week and your going to judge me without knowing the why's or what's of it...SMDH. You should be ashamed of yourself for dipping in my business where you clearly have no reason to be. STFO of my personal space.

YOU put the information in the public domain. YOU chose to tell others how to eat. YOU made general statements that don't hold true. YOU made assumptions that are not true. Get as upset as YOU want, but directing that anger at me is misplaced. Look in a mirror and yell at the person you see there. They are the common denominator in all of this.

If YOU bothered to pay attention .. I didn't judge you. I simply stated that I would not take dietary advice from you. A wise decision based on your public diary and public admission that you "had a very emotional week" that somehow justifies an entire bag of Reese's (according to YOUR diary). Telling others what they should do when you don't do it yourself is hypocritical ... again, something you should discuss with the person you see in the mirror.

If truth makes you lash out and tell others to "STFO" (as though initials truly hide your profane intent) ... it is revealing.
    Yup, have to agree with that^^^^

Taking advice from someone who eats less than 600 calories isn't smart. I make that statement because this is a public forum and I can.

i think you're getting instead all the nutrition you need if you eat more you'll not loose if you feel like eating eat proteins or a couple of fruits no peanut butter as many suggested or ice cream is pointless

Thank you but I don't eat less than 600 calories a day. I may have a day or so where that is true, BUT I'm NOT hungry and refuse to eat just because someone says I must, but it's def not an everyday event.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Learn to listen to your body. You say you are at 600+ on calories and never hungry......Don't Eat ! Never feel obligated to eat.

Stupid stupid advice.

This thread is so full of derp it actually hurts :noway:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Nothing. If you give your body any calorific expectations it will demand those calories every day.

More stupid advice,

Only eat 200 calories otherwise it will expect more :noway:

*HEADDESK*
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Taking advice from someone who eats less than 600 calories isn't smart. I make that statement because this is a public forum and I can.

Thank you but I don't eat less than 600 calories a day. I may have a day or so where that is true, BUT I'm NOT hungry and refuse to eat just because someone says I must, but it's def not an everyday event.

Maybe if you ate a more balance amount everyday you worldn't feel the need to binge

*maybe*

:noway:
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    What I eat depends on the macro needs I have yet to meet.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

I did NOT give dietary advice. I said why would anyone feel the need to force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. I did not say don't do it. And yes I get upset when you judge me based on things you know nothing about. And didn't care to find out before you posted it. I also didn't give you any advice what so ever, you or the OP. And yes you were and still are judging me. I did eat that bag and at the time I enjoyed every bite of it, not so much after it was said and done. But it's whatever. And yes I did put the initials in to hide the profanity only because saying it outright would get me a nice little love note from the MODS. And revealing HOW? Because I curse and eat bags of Reece's I'm a bad person. You don't know crap about me and thankfully I don't have people like you on my friends list.
    The person I see in the mirror has lost over 200lbs in two years and I've very proud of her. She's worked her butt off getting to where she is today, she's not perfect and she sometimes fails at what she does, but she doesn't let it define her or her ability to get back up work even harder to get to where she wants to be. If she listened to people like you she may decide to not get back up because apparently she's not worth the effort because she had a bad day.

Your general dietary statement does not hold true. You're telling people if they should or should not eat, then trying to pretend you didn't give dietary advice ... absolutely priceless. Intake is part of one's diet. Hunger is not a good indicator of meeting nutritional of caloric needs. It is driven by hormones, not caloric balance between intake and exertion.

Your earlier comment is revealing because it shows your inability to participate in adult discourse without resorting to profanity. Since I don't permit hypocrites as friends, I'd never have you on a list or as a friend in the real world.

Noting your behavior is not judging. Reacting negatively to somebody noting your behavior is self judgement on your part. Learn the difference.

ETA I noticed you closed your diary. Apparently honest assessment of the information you put into the public domain made you uncomfortable and find it necessary to hide your actions. Again ... rather revealing about you.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be that on the days you know you will be exercising, to go ahead and add a hundred or so calories to your other meals/snacks. Like at breakfast, maybe add some cream if you have fruit or cereal. At lunch, avocado. And then at your snack, you could add just a handful of nuts. You could also just use oils/butter to cook your foods. Or if you prefer, just add a dessert at night. It could be anything from a serving of ice cream, to cookies, to just some fruit with honey and nuts. Whatever floats your boat. But I think you would do better over all if you spread your cals out through the day if you normally feel satisfied. Adding fats from dairy, nuts, or avocado/oils is the most calorie dense way to get them in without adding a ton of volume.
  • tmauck4472
    Options

Maybe if you ate a more balance amount everyday you worldn't feel the need to binge

*maybe*

I did not binge, I do NOT binge. I spent the whole day crying because I missed my kids and grand baby so freaking much. I had an off day is all because of it. And even that is very unusual for me. And thanks to this dude I'm now back having to defend my reason for eating something and it's brought up that very deep hurt, that very painful, heart ripping feeling.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

*maybe*

I did not binge, I do NOT binge. I spent the whole day crying because I missed my kids and grand baby so freaking much. I had an off day is all because of it. And even that is very unusual for me. And thanks to this dude I'm now back having to defend my reason for eating something and it's brought up that very deep hurt, that very painful, heart ripping feeling.

Whatever you want to believe. :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Lol. What are you even trying to say.

Yea a grown man should eat 1200 calories. Real smart.

IKR :noway:
  • tmauck4472
    Options

Your general dietary statement does not hold true. You're telling people if they should or should not eat, then trying to pretend you didn't give dietary advice ... absolutely priceless. Intake is part of one's diet. Hunger is not a good indicator of meeting nutritional of caloric needs. It is driven by hormones, not caloric balance between intake and exertion.

Your earlier comment is revealing because it shows your inability to participate in adult discourse without resorting to profanity. Since I don't permit hypocrites as friends, I'd never have you on a list or as a friend in the real world.

Noting your behavior is not judging. Reacting negatively to somebody noting your behavior is self judgement on your part. Learn the difference.

ETA I noticed you closed your diary. Apparently honest assessment of the information you put into the public domain made you uncomfortable and find it necessary to hide your actions. Again ... rather revealing about you.

Again did NOT give advice, hidden or otherwise. I close my diary yes, because of people like you
  • tmauck4472
    Options

*maybe*

Whatever you want to believe. :flowerforyou:

LMAO funny I have never eaten a whole bag before even when I was over 400 lbs so it was def. not a binge. Where do some of you people come from?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Doritos. With cheese.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Again did NOT give advice, hidden or otherwise. I close my diary yes, because of people like you

Well

"IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry? "

Can be seen as advice not to eat when not hungry so...

Yeah you gave advice.
This discussion has been closed.