What's your most recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My back fat rolls/creases have finally gone this week!!! :laugh:

I seriously doubted whether they would ever go away...
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty adamant about not trying on smaller clothes but today I tried on a pair of size 12 (US 8) jeans and they fit! Bootleg granted, but I've been wearing size 14 for so long that I'm still chuffed.
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 18 jeans in Monsoon (UK clothes shop) and they fit! I wouldn't have even bothered going in there a few months ago and the last pair of jeans I bought were size 22 (cringe)
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! VERY proud of ya'll!!!

Had a great day, myself, today!

I am exhausted, but going to brag! Today was the opening day of the Tweetsie Trail: http://www.tweetsietrail.com/
    and I was really excited, because the was going to be a walk/bike/run today for the opening! The "Tweetsie Trail Trek" (info is on the website). I had gotten a group of my friends together, and we were going for it! It was 4.2 mile walk from the city we live in, to the next city over. I'm not horribly out of shape, but needless to say, I'm not out walking 4.2 miles everyday. I was a little disappointed when I ended up falling behind my friends, and they didn't bother to wait for me. I had a "pity me" minute, thinking- some support! We're all supposed to be in this together! But then, I got over and thought, that's ok, I'm doing this for me. I'm not in a competition with anyone. It doesn't matter how fast or slow I go. I don't care if I'm the last person across the finish line, I'm the first among those who are still at home in bed.

I just kept on going, despite the fact I was burning up. Eventually, I caught up with them, despite being probably a good half mile to possibly mile behind them. I was doing my own thing, going at my own pace, and wasn't worried about whether or not I caught up. I was honestly surprised when I looked up and saw them! We all crossed the finish line together at 1 hour and 43 minutes. There were varying degrees of difficulty, some areas were hills, while some were flat, and for those of us who are just used to walking at the track, or on our Gazelle, that was a bit of a challenge, especially in the humid TN heat of late August.

Needless to say, by the time we got our medals, we thought we were all going to puke and/or pass out, but we did it! I was extremely proud. I've never walked that far before without stopping. The Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving is only a 5K, and it's a LOT easier, as we're always freezing our butts off, so we haul *kitten* to get through it!

Here are some pictures from today- very proud of myself for sticking to it, and making it through!

16302_10152407968107872_8857051926821229524_n.jpg?oh=f10a16e6fc7b65494ec20cfa5b27470e&oe=547CE795

10628022_10152408163607872_4786842120503758638_n.jpg?oh=9946657689ebd7851f915c02e1d9baa6&oe=547B2456&__gda__=1417689040_2df75c1e339200a7b09a835499a187f4

We did it!

10408740_10152408165807872_7257002474572390675_n.jpg?oh=9c854326b567176d6121f4e5d1d57aec&oe=546BB424
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago I realized my Gloria Vanderbilt size 16 jeans were baggy in the butt. I had otherwise identical 14s in the back of the closet from a couple of years ago, and they fit well.
  • michele89
    michele89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My size 16 jeans fit again! They wouldn't even button two weeks ago, but I tried them on again this morning (gotta do laundry :p) and they totally look great!

Also, as a non-weight loss NSV, my super annoying next door neighbors are moving out :D
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pretty shallow, but I grabbed a pair of size 0 jeans to try on for the hell of it thinking they wouldn't fit, but they did. My goal hasn't really been to lose weight (I was already thin), but to get back to the super-lean, muscular physique I had in high school when I was the most active and I made it happen. I'm pretty proud of myself.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pretty shallow, but I grabbed a pair of size 0 jeans to try on for the hell of it thinking they wouldn't fit, but they did. My goal hasn't really been to lose weight (I was already thin), but to get back to the super-lean, muscular physique I had in high school when I was the most active and I made it happen. I'm pretty proud of myself.
  • digistyle
    digistyle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Went to buy a suit to wear to a wedding. The regular suits didn't fit well. I had to buy an athletic fit!
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was back at school on Friday getting a few things ready for the first day of school and one of my fellow teachers said I looked great and asked me if I had lost weight. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is kind of lame, but I'm still pleased with it. My husband and I both had calories left after dinner for a small treat but he wanted to go to this fancy bakery place downtown and get a cookie. I knew I didn't really have enough calories to feel great about that, so with the weather being too hot to walk there (2-3 miles) I suggested we go to the mall and we did about 45 minutes of brisk walking there (yeah I know, mallwalkers). Then when we got to the bakery I saw all of the insane huge cupcakes with 5 different toppings & fillings, and I didn't even want one of those. I had a peanut butter cookie with what seemed to be Rolo candy inside. Still a major treat but I had enough calories for it, roughly, and I didn't feel even slightly jealous of the people eating the giant cupcakes with frosting 4" tall on top. I realize my tastes truly have changed a bit...I still love sweets & baked goods, and enjoy them...but that would just be too much of a good thing for me now, and for maybe the first time I realized I would RATHER have the cookie. Also, we came home and put our cookies on plates and made some hazelnut tea to enjoy them with...rather than getting coffee or milk there, and gulping it all down in a rush.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Looser jeans!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    When I first started weightlifting, and would sit in the hip abduction machine, I had to sort of stand on the footrests to move my body backwards/up out of the start position so I could bring the knee pads all the way together.
    Now I don't have to. My knees & lower thighs are reduced enough.

hip-abduction-action.jpg
  • mckeown1977
    mckeown1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finally managing to run more than 3 minutes without stopping to catch my breath and managed to run for 12 minutes non stop doing a mile. Not much but im on cloud 9.
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K earlier in the year then broke my toe and had to stop running until late July. Yesterday I ran for 90 minutes on the treadmill.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My spouse said there was a difference in my body. Yay!
    I've felt a bit of a difference, but my spouse hadn't really been able to see a difference. Of course we see each other every day, so it's not easy to see the big picture.
  • nixdieting
    nixdieting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had to use a Crop-a-dile (a strong hole punch) to make new holes in several of my belts last night. :)
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Clothes that didn't fit me when I was 14 because they were too tight fit me now.
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am now the proud owner of a pair of cheekbones :D
  • katlala84
    katlala84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Two people at work noticed I was losing weight! One flat out asked me if I had lost weight, but the other one was struggling to find the right words, lol. "You look different/fitter/something" haha. I could see the wheels turning as she struggled to tell me I had lost weight but trying not to come right out and say it (because of the work environment).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!