Thong, Granny Panties or Commando when working out

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    read the thread- there are enough off colored negative connotations that I think it was worth pointing out.

My original comment was not directed at you- the second one was- because well- you commented on mine.

I don't think anyone's worked up about it- but I think it was worth pointing out- lots of kind of negative comments for no reason other than I chose to wear nothing.

yep there have been more than a few comments in this thread

but then again it's to be expected, there's usually enough comments in these type threads that unless a woman goes dressed to the gym in mud and sackcloths then clearly she's not there to get a good workout and can't be killing it on the track/pitch/weight room/etc :laugh:
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If I still look good at the end of a workout, I haven't worked hard enough!!
    Lines don't matter to me as I'm all red and sweaty by the end of the workout!
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I wear men's ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs. Why? No panty line. Why else? They wick away moisture from the skin. They are comfortable. Based on Amazon reviews, I am not the only woman wearing them. They breathe. They are comparable to very expensive sports undies, and I wait for sales before buying them. There is another plus side to wearing men's boxer briefs... when I lay on the weight bench (or during any exercise for that matter), if my shorts creep up then it looks like I am wearing biker shorts under my shorts. I don't feel exposed and I feel covered. They are really comfy, too. I've been wearing them a couple of years now and they are probably the best underwear I have ever owned.

I have a full caboose and most panties creep up on me and I don't like that. I prefer the give-n-gos over wedgies any day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I wear men's ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs. Why? No panty line. Why else? They wick away moisture from the skin. They are comfortable. Based on Amazon reviews, I am not the only woman wearing them. They breathe. They are comparable to very expensive sports undies, and I wait for sales before buying them. There is another plus side to wearing men's boxer briefs... when I lay on the weight bench (or during any exercise for that matter), if my shorts creep up then it looks like I am wearing biker shorts under my shorts. I don't feel exposed and I feel covered. They are really comfy, too. I've been wearing them a couple of years now and they are probably the best underwear I have ever owned.

I have a full caboose and most panties creep up on me and I don't like that. I prefer the give-n-gos over wedgies any day.

I've had the women's kind for a couple of years and agree that they are great. I'd never thought about buying men's. That's a good idea.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Nothing. All of my exercise bottoms (shorts, capris, pants, skorts) are all lined like underwear and I assume are designed to be worn w/o undies. That sounds so uncomfortable!
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    All I own is thongs... *shrug*
    will you marry me?

This is why you shouldn't worry about what you wear. You're at the gym to get fit, not put on a fashion show. I don't like panty lines when I'm in "street" clothes, but I could care less at the "gym". I'm there to get fit and healthy. As your doctor pointed out, thongs can give you an infection. I,personally, hate them. I can't stand a "string" up my butt. And as far as "getting use to it", no thanks, I'd rather be comfortable.

As some of the folks on here said, maybe wear seamless panties or i you're comfortable go without. But, try to stay focused on the main reason you are there: To get fit and healthy.:smile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I wear a thong.

Or my compression shorts if leg day.

If swimming, commando.
  • alice1128
    alice1128 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I've stopped worrying about how I look at the gym...it's not supposed to be a fashion show!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Commando only. My pants fit and aren't tight so I'm not worried about a rip.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    so as a dude, I have no idea what you guys deal with... but I ride in my bike shorts commando, anything else down there is too much, and as long as you're covered somehow it's appropriate (even on public roads)

Bike shorts should be commando, that's the point of the 'chamois' lining. Always have been and always will be in bike shorts. Yoga pants is another issue - seamless/no elastic microfiber hipsters, but then again I don't have muffintop to reign in.
  • jemhh
    Options
    Nothing. All of my exercise bottoms (shorts, capris, pants, skorts) are all lined like underwear and I assume are designed to be worn w/o undies.

This, for the most part. Putting a cotton (underwear) barrier between my skin and the fabric of my capris/shorts seems to negate the wicking properties, which means too much sweatiness in that area.
  • Serqita
    Serqita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wear Granny panties or bikini panties to workout in.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    UTI or panties, your choice!
  • jemhh
    Options
    Serqita wrote: »
    I wear Granny panties or bikini panties to workout in.

This is the second time in two days that you have bumped a long buried thread about underwear. You may want to make your own thread if it's an important issue to you.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I was more fat I wore panties that covered my butt because you could see the cellulite through me leggings otherwise.

Now I MUST be in a thong. I've taken it off between sets though too, if it is an uncomfortable one. I'm not squatting 200lbs with something murdering my crotch.
  • Lauratwest
    Lauratwest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Granny panties. I'm thick on the bottom and sweat alot. They are the only type and material that stay up, I can't be bothered to stop constantly to pull up or adjust
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    At the gym I honestly dgaf because I figure I'm not there to look cute. My aerial classes though where I do care I wear seamless panties/boy shorts or thongs.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I prefer the thong myself, the lack of chaffing is ideal for squats
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how everyone else is dealing with the spandex work out pants. I hate panty lines and the only way around that is to wear a thong to work out in. But I had trouble with getting UTI's and my Dr told me that was why. So I have had to stop wearing thongs for a work out. But I hate panty lines showing in my cute outfits. but the thought of a big rip at a wrong moment and the humiliation of all that mortifies me. So .. what do you ladies do?

When working out: "Go Commando" patches. Tangas. Hipsters. Cheekies. Boy shorts. * My sister lectured me about "No thongs" yada yada yada years ago.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I wear low rise briefs, think 60s style, pretty much all the time. I have a couple pairs of "workout" undies from Athleta from a while ago but although they are sizeable for the hips and butt and stuff, the business part is so narrow. I don't want anything climbing up in my business while I'm busy.