New Year...New Challenge! 40lbs by June 1st. Who's In?

Options

Replies

• andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What is everyone doing for the Holidays this year? I actually just moved about 2 weeks ago from one side of the country to the other and are waiting for all of our stuff to get here LOL. Should be a memorable Christmas that is for sure!!!

Andrea
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    What is everyone doing for the Holidays this year? I actually just moved about 2 weeks ago from one side of the country to the other and are waiting for all of our stuff to get here LOL. Should be a memorable Christmas that is for sure!!!

Andrea

Family time, filled with eatting, sleeping, and opening presents LOL Very excited because it will be my first nephews Christmas so it will be very exciting to watch the Christmas magic through his eyes. Hopefully all your stuff arrives soon!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I just moved from California to Georgia in January...so this is going to be my first Christmas away from my family...which is definitely sad. All of my Fiancee's family is here...but you know its not the same.

So we will be going to a couple of his family members homes and doing the dinner thing.

I will say the best thing for me about the move is..I had a lot more time to exercise and less distractions in my weight loss journey...because I'm not going out to dinner and lunches with friends and not having all the big Sunday dinners at my family's house. So I guess everything happens for a reason lol

But I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and everyone PLEASE be careful out there on those roads!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Krys_T
    just an idea how about we all take a before shot??? and three months after we take a half way after shot and on june 1st we take an after shot??? we don't post the january shots on the board til after we take the 3 month shot and we post them side by side? we take a front shot, side shot, and back shot? of course it would be in the same clothes in all the pictures as well so we can really tell the difference with the same clothes that we took the pictures in....do i make any sense?
  • Nargistsheikh
    Options
    Count me in.I really want to lose weight for my self.Trying very hard but have to try harder.
    Thanks
  • Krys_T
    Options
    That's a great idea Kizzy! I was definitely thinking about this because I think sometimes its hard to see your progress in the mirror...and a lot easier in a picture! I'm all for it! What do we think team?!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea Kizzy! I was definitely thinking about this because I think sometimes its hard to see your progress in the mirror...and a lot easier in a picture! I'm all for it! What do we think team?!

Sounds fine with me! I've never tried taking before photos before. That will def. keep me motivated. :smile:
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm in for sure! I'm more motivated than ever!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Krys_T
    just an idea how about we all take a before shot??? and three months after we take a half way after shot and on june 1st we take an after shot??? we don't post the january shots on the board til after we take the 3 month shot and we post them side by side? we take a front shot, side shot, and back shot? of course it would be in the same clothes in all the pictures as well so we can really tell the difference with the same clothes that we took the pictures in....do i make any sense?

Love this idea! I have been playing Kinect with my kids and have been so pleased with the pictures seeing me active and almost 30 pounds lighter than summer. I can't wait to see the differences from January to mid-March, and then to June 1! This site is great, and allof you make this journey much more fun!
    Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all!
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I'm definitely in! This challenge sounds great, thanks for making it. :)

Fridays work for me and before and after pictures sound like a great idea.

I'm re-starting after losing 20 pounds a few months ago, so I'm new on this site.
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking forward to being motivated and helping to motivate you guys!
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    here's an example of how the pix should look like...also have it to where ur stomach shows like the example below...we can see the different changes

this is me taken in september 2009 i weighed 174 ibs i now weigh 177

5292999782_a99faae049.jpg
    kizweigh by kizzy_muss, on Flickr 5292400523_56d8632971.jpg
    kizweight by kizzy_muss
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I weigh more now than ever before and have to lose this weight.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok team! So 2 more days to join the challenge team! If you have any friends that are interested, please let them know. After the 28th I will be compiling a list of all the participants and plugging in starting weights. My other question is do we want to include starting measurements as well (waist, arms, thighs, and chest)? Or would this be too much. These would be updated every month instead of every Friday with the weight. I just don't want anyone to get discouraged if they don't see numbers drop as quickly because as we all know...inches make a HUGE difference as well.

FYI: I will be starting a new thread in a minute, entitled "Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge". I know there were people on here that said they were IN...but I want to get an accurate total and list.
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    IM SO IN :) ADD ME :P
  • mom2caidenandluci
    Options
    I'm in
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    Hi: New to this site, but I am defiintely enthused about getting this weight off.

CW 194

GW 140
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great name, I would love to be in this challenge.
  • toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im in. Ive got a goal of 30lbs by April so 40lbs by June would take me to my goal weight. Thanks for posting this - and hey to everyone on the journey
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Everyone please check out the "Snowflakes to Sunshine" thread post I did today!