Are belly button rings still fashionable?

Options
13»

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and still have mine.
    I don't give a flying fig if they're "in" or not. I don't waste a single second worrying what other people think of it.
    When you get to my age, you learn to do what pleases you - if you like it wear it.

Hear hear.
    I had mine done about 20 years ago and still have it in!
    Who cares if they're in fashion or not?
    I'm so used to having it, my Stomach would look kinda bare if i took it out.
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Are they still sold?
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I fee the same way about nose piercings, just....ew.

^haahaa!!!! I have my nose pierced too and that one is never going anywhere!!:bigsmile:
  • CharlesLadd
    Options
    A belly ring was a stupid idea at 18 and it's even more stupid at 28 (when your brain should have finally matured enough to make that clear). Just my opinion.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A belly ring was a stupid idea at 18 and it's even more stupid at 28 (when your brain should have finally matured enough to make that clear). Just my opinion.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and still have mine.
    I don't give a flying fig if they're "in" or not. I don't waste a single second worrying what other people think of it.
    When you get to my age, you learn to do what pleases you - if you like it wear it.

Hear hear.
    I had mine done about 20 years ago and still have it in!
    Who cares if they're in fashion or not?
    I'm so used to having it, my Stomach would look kinda bare if i took it out.

I completely agree. My stomach is now flat and toned and I wear a pretty sapphire and diamond flower in my belly button. I really don't care what anyone else thinks . The only time it is on display is when I wear a bikini - and yes I wear those too, in public no less, even at 54. No I am not trashy, or stuffy either. Don't like it - don't look at me.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I'm presuming that you don't have yours pierced then?
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ya'll! I LOVE my nose ring! I'll be one of these old women in the nursing home with it! When I came out of surgery at Vandy, the first thing I did was put my wedding band/engagement ring back on, and put my nose ring back in. The nurses in recovery were shocked, they were like- did they let you wear those into surgery? I told them, nope, but I had my husband ready for me to put them right back on as soon as I got out! :drinker: