what would you think?

Options

Replies

• ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Before you do this.. ask yourself... if a random hot guy walked up to you and smacked one on your lips how would you feel? If your answer is "Screw that, I'd kick that dude's *kitten*!" chances are, no matter who the girl is, she's gonna feel the same way. :drinker: :drinker:

Also, before anyone says something along the lines of "But it would be a guy kissing a guy, that's different!" No.. really isn't different. It's still unasked for, unwanted and flat our rude.

THIS
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    It plays out very differently in real life than in the movies. This could actually get you arrested.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Either knocked out or her chasing after you or just stunned. Many things could happen
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Before you do this.. ask yourself... if a random hot guy walked up to you and smacked one on your lips how would you feel? If your answer is "Screw that, I'd kick that dude's *kitten*!" chances are, no matter who the girl is, she's gonna feel the same way. :drinker: :drinker:

Also, before anyone says something along the lines of "But it would be a guy kissing a guy, that's different!" No.. really isn't different. It's still unasked for, unwanted and flat our rude.

^ What he said.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice fantasy OP.

I suggest you keep it as one and don't try to translate it to reality.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    you do realize that this is real life, not a movie?
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Best keep that for toilet fantasies brother
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Looks good on paper...won't work out good in real life.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've actually done this before. Many many years ago. Wound up in a long term relationship with her. I just wondered what women of today might think. Plus, I'm attracted to a very specific type of woman. No offense to anyone, but the most negative responses came from women that wouldn't have been the one I choose anyway. It's not all looks. You can tell the ebb and flow of a woman by her body lamguage. Her demeanor. How she carries herself. It won't be some random "assault" like I rushed her and tackled her like a linebacker.
    Thank you for your responses and your honesty.
  • _SantaClause
    Options
    I've actually done this before. Many many years ago. Wound up in a long term relationship with her. I just wondered what women of today might think. Plus, I'm attracted to a very specific type of woman. No offense to anyone, but the most negative responses came from women that wouldn't have been the one I choose anyway. It's not all looks. You can tell the ebb and flow of a woman by her body lamguage. Her demeanor. How she carries herself. It won't be some random "assault" like I rushed her and tackled her like a linebacker.

huh1.gif

Women of today?

Did you originally do this in 1910?
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    It would be imprinted in my memory forever. The first guy I ever slapped :) Lol
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

huh1.gif

Women of today?

1945. They made a statue of it.
  • _SantaClause
    Options

huh1.gif

Women of today?

1945. They made a statue of it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    Options
    Im quite shocked i was just informed its classed as a sexual assault in this country??? wtf? I think someones pulling my leg... thats it romance really is dead :devil:
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for the woman to drop you to the floor with either a kick to the balls or her fist into your nose. Or by being stabbed.
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Point is, if this fantasy girl is a complete stranger you have no idea what's going to happen. You're not gambling with your potential outcome, you're gambling with some random girl's state of mind.

There's this one book we studied in English when I was about 15. The main character is grabbed and kissed by a random stranger on her way home from a new year's party, and does in fact end up marrying him.

This led to a massive debate in the class with the teacher trying to argue it as 'romantic' and the class - the most vocal of which were teenaged boys, by the way - arguing that it was most certainly not romantic and it was more than a bit rapey.

Incidentally, this book was written in 1932 and she spends much of the book fighting off her incestuous invalid father.

I do understand that kind of fantasy. I've got a similar one that involves kissing some random guy on a London Underground train right before I step off and the doors close. But I wouldn't do it because it's totally invading someone's personal space and you have no idea how they'll take it. I'll probably fake it some time with someone I am in a relationship with, I dunno.

Point is, it's a cute idea but in real life it's a big gamble and will probably be seen as rapey. If you go ahead, be prepared for pepper spray or similar.... and you'll never know if she liked it or hates you forever.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I would deck anyone who did that. I don't like to be touched by strangers at all. I accidentally hit a guy at work for grabbing my shoulder. I can't imagine if some random man kissed me out of nowhere.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    OP, I think this is a wonderful way to end up spending New Years Day icing your balls.

You should never just walk up to a woman you don't know and kiss her. That is a recipe for disaster.

And you can claim that you're going to scope it out all right etc, but the reality is there are lots of people who are in relationships who for whatever reason don't spend new years together (I actually haven't spent it with my SO for the past two years) so there's really no way of knowing if they're in a relationship, or even looking for one.

If you want to kiss a girl at midnight, do it the old fashioned way, meet her in the beginning of the evening, talk a bit, get to know her, find out if she's got an SO or is single, and then when it reaches midnight either ask, or go for it. You're less likely to get slapped if you've already expressed some sort of interest, and she might be expecting it then when you end up standing beside each other as the count down goes on.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

If you want to kiss a girl at midnight, do it the old fashioned way, meet her in the beginning of the evening, talk a bit, get to know her, find out if she's got an SO or is single, and then when it reaches midnight either ask, or go for it. You're less likely to get slapped if you've already expressed some sort of interest, and she might be expecting it then when you end up standing beside each other as the count down goes on.

/\ Agreed. Just kissing a stranger with no prior communication is a bit rapey.