what would you think?

Options

Replies

• lizzybathory
    Options
    I would probably try pretty damn hard to report him to the police. Not cool. It's rapey.
    I disagree. You can kiss someone without creepy hands and tongue etc. I think it's awesome. Really depends if the girl has a sense of humour.
    I assure you; my sense of humor is just fine despite my preference that strangers don't put their mouths on me. Being cool with people feeling entitled to your body isn't the ultimate sign that you're a cool girl with a great sense of humor.

Point is, some girls might be cool with this. But many, many won't - according to this thread. He has no way of knowing if he's going to pleasantly surprise someone (seems like a slim chance, honestly) or if he's going to leave some poor girl feeling violated.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I would probably try pretty damn hard to report him to the police. Not cool. It's rapey.
    I disagree. You can kiss someone without creepy hands and tongue etc. I think it's awesome. Really depends if the girl has a sense of humour.
    jesse-pinkman-gif.gif
    So all the females that disagree with you, don't have a sense of humor?
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options

Not sorry, but unwanted/uninvited sexual contact of any kind, even kissing, is never funny. Implying that we don't have a sense of humour simply because we don't want to have someone force their mouth on us is wrong and also not funny. Ask for a kiss, get consent, and then kiss. No consent = assault, sexual assault, harassment, or whatever else you could get charged with.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Ask for a kiss, get consent, and then kiss. No consent = assault, sexual assault, harassment, or whatever else you could get charged with.
    I feel like this fantasy could be just as exciting, and a lot more respectful of fantasy-dream-girl's wishes, if he went up to his chosen stranger and said "Can I kiss you?" If she's into it, get on with the kissing. It'd still be so unexpected, MAYBE he'll get to do it, and fantasy-dream-girl has a say in it. If she's not into it, she'll just laugh at him later with her friends for being a creeper, but at least he won't violate her.

But he'd rather assault somebody than face possible rejection, so there's that.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    And since we're being so honest here, from the viewpoint of a woman who, in her younger days, was quite often the best looking woman in the room: Personally, a gentle, glasses-wearing, intellectual, nerdy kind of guy would probably be given a yes if he asked me first, and a muscular beefcake with big arms, which I didn't then and don't now consider "hot" AT ALL, grabbing me without a word said, would trigger a " threatening attacker, defend myself by any means I can" response.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I wonder if all the girls would say "hey the celeb I fantasize over walked up to me a kiss me and now I will call the police on him or her."

No need to answer I already know it.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I wonder if all the girls would say "hey the celeb I fantasize over walked up to me a kiss me and now I will call the police on him or her."

Being a celebrity does not give you the option to feel entitled to my body.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options

+1
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options

But that is largely irelevant. If the person wanted the celeb to do this, then it isnt unwanted contact.

I would still think it a very foolish celeb who did this without asking- as he/she wouldn't know if the recipient wants it or not ( just like OP wouldn't) and so are leaving themselves open to accusations of assault.

however, I think most people know that fantasies like this about celebs are just that - fantasies.
    Enjoyable but not reality.

If OP enjoys fantasising about such a scenario, that's fine - but it's not reality.
  • Fitdoge
    Fitdoge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have pepper spray, and my SO won't be able to be here on new years.
    I think that covers it.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I know I'm in the absolute minority, and was probably a slut before I was married, but what the hell, it wouldn't have bothered me. It's New Year's Eve. Chances are, I would've been **** faced drunk, and you know, if I could make someone happy, then hey, I aim to please. What's a kiss? They aren't taking me to the hotel.

Now, beware, times, they have changed. There probably aren't a lot who think like I do these days. Yeah, we're still out there, the free-spirits, who just anything kinda goes, but we're few and far between. So, it might or might not go over well. Just be prepared.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I know I'm in the absolute minority, and was probably a slut before I was married, but what the hell, it wouldn't have bothered me. It's New Year's Eve. Chances are, I would've been **** faced drunk, and you know, if I could make someone happy, then hey, I aim to please. What's a kiss? They aren't taking me to the hotel.

Now, beware, times, they have changed. There probably aren't a lot who think like I do these days. Yeah, we're still out there, the free-spirits, who just anything kinda goes, but we're few and far between. So, it might or might not go over well. Just be prepared.

:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to any of these girls and just go for it. Oh and have a buddy record it, I love to see a good train wreck.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Please don't. This is such a cave man approach. Nobody wants to be forced/manhandled. Rapey vibes for sure! Also it is like something from a lame movie.
    I don't think it is too much to ask to introduce yourself, have some kind of conversation and be a normal human being. Remember that Christmas/NYE is such a romantic time of year, so many people will be on the look out for a midnight smooch, make the most of it and make it with someone that you know will kiss you back and not slap your face.
    You also don't know if she is single, or if she is straight or she might have some weird mouth disease, you don't wanna get involved with that!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've actually done this before. Many many years ago. Wound up in a long term relationship with her. I just wondered what women of today might think. Plus, I'm attracted to a very specific type of woman. No offense to anyone, but the most negative responses came from women that wouldn't have been the one I choose anyway. It's not all looks. You can tell the ebb and flow of a woman by her body lamguage. Her demeanor. How she carries herself. It won't be some random "assault" like I rushed her and tackled her like a linebacker.
    Thank you for your responses and your honesty.

1. Guy asks women's opinions
    2. Women say "hell no"
    3. Guy calls them ugly and claims to be the master of interpreting the female psyche

Totally nailed it!
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't care how good looking you are, if you come up to me without so much as a word and attempt to kiss me, you are going to be singing soprano for several weeks!
  • MusclenMascara
    MusclenMascara Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is only going to end in tears. Probably yours!
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    OP you should wear a GOPRO so we can get a first person view of the reaction you get! I am sure it will be EPIC and not in a good way for you!
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options

Yeah it does. Its part of the perks. Get with it, you prude
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I've actually done this before. Many many years ago. Wound up in a long term relationship with her. I just wondered what women of today might think. Plus, I'm attracted to a very specific type of woman. No offense to anyone, but the most negative responses came from women that wouldn't have been the one I choose anyway. It's not all looks. You can tell the ebb and flow of a woman by her body lamguage. Her demeanor. How she carries herself. It won't be some random "assault" like I rushed her and tackled her like a linebacker.
    Thank you for your responses and your honesty.

1. Guy asks women's opinions
    2. Women say "hell no"
    3. Guy calls them ugly and claims to be the master of interpreting the female psyche

Totally nailed it!

He is trying to justify that this type of person who would be down for unwelcome contact which is sexual harassment. LOL well bro no one can stop you so do what you want. BTW hottest girl in the room single on new years eve. Is that a oxymoron?