Still look awful in skinny jeans. Alternatives?

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    ALL my exercise clothing is of the elastic waistband variety! *hangs head in shame*
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ALL my exercise clothing is of the elastic waistband variety! *hangs head in shame*

*looks to the other judges then nods* We'll allow that. :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    So, the moral of this thread is that no matter what you wear, someone will hate it, especially on the internet.

I was thinking more like 'never say that X looks good on everyone or Y never looks good on any one.'
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    So, the moral of this thread is that no matter what you wear, someone will hate it, especially on the internet.

Yep!

In case this thread isn't controversial enough yet, I would like to say that sometimes I wear sweatpants.

horror.gif

wait....I wear sweat pants in the house all the time :indifferent:
    Is that why there's a black bar across my face all the time?!! :angry:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

We have now entered into the true pants confessions portion of the thread.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans don't look good on ANYONE.

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    "Seek the fashion which truly fits and befits you. You will always be in fashion if you are true to yourself. You might, of course, rightly wear the style which is emblazoned on the fashion magazines of the day, or you might not."
    ~Maya Angelou (from "Getups")

God I miss her.

Me. Too.

I used this essay with my 6th graders all the time--such a great example of doing what works for you, not what's popular.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i haven't read what everyone else has said, but i too look awful in skinny jeans. my advice: don't wear them. i have very muscular legs, and skinny jeans make them look fat. i will never own or wear a pair of them.

i love straight cut jeans. i'm not sure if that would help your saddle bags? but i think they're very flattering on muscular short legs anyway. American Eagle used to have some great straight leg jeans, but i was just there and they don't sell them anymore. Levi's has some that look promising on the web anyway, but i haven't tried them on in person yet. i'm hesitant to blindly order any.

anyway, good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I like my jeans from the petite section of Banana Republic.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    i haven't read what everyone else has said, but i too look awful in skinny jeans.

If, by awful, you mean, HOT AS F--k, then, I agree. ????

Aaaaw!!!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    ohh the black bar of shaaame.

1343328884-guys-in-sweatpants.jpg
  • willodawisp85
    willodawisp85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would just try a variety of styles until you find what you like. Find what you like the look of as well as feels comfortable.

Personally I'm a size 14, pear shape and love skinny jeans. I wear what I want now. I used to live in boot cut when I was a size 20 because that was what I was" supposed" to wear. I hate boot cuts! Skinnys might make my legs look fat, but frankly, they are fat! If anyone has a problem they don't have to look.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans look ugly on everyone.

How so?

Seriously, can someone post a pic of a 'skinny jeans fail'?.....cause I've been googling it & with a very few exceptions, I just don't see it :angry:

If they look bad on everyone what's wrong with the way these girls look?

curvy-skinnyjeans01.jpg
    none of those three are what i would consider "skinny" jeans. those are what i consider "straight-legged" jeans. these are what i mean when i refer to skinny jeans:
    8XHN5Av.jpg

here's another example of straight-legged jeans, to me:
    IVqQ5SS.jpg

ETA: damn. didn't realize how big the skinny-jean chick pic was going to be. lol. sorry guys.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of skinny jeans and the only time I wear then is when I roll them up and make them into capri pants. I personally am more boot cut/boyfriend cut myself. Then again, I'm more of a t-shirt and chucks type of gal.

I'm a t-shirt and chucks gal too. T-shirt, chucks, and skinny jeans.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Ooo! I have an idea! Let's all post pics of ourselves in skinny jeans so everyone can say how horrible we look. :D

I'm gonna take some right now.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I look fine in skinny jeans with boots and I have a very round and perky *kitten* that is 11 inches bigger than my waist. I prefer boot cut. But the skinny style also looks fantastic with boots, and is a very cute look.

I love skinny jeans with tall boots.
    Why are people getting so weird in this thread?
    because it's MFP....

Ditto to both.

I indicated earlier in this thread that skinny jeans don't look good on anyone, and I'd like to admit that I made a mistake. I actually wear them with tall boots myself. They do look good/great on some body types.

What I was picturing in my mind was that guy from that band that married that other Simpson girl who wears his skinny jeans hanging down from his *kitten* and looks like he's carrying a load in his too tight, too short pants. So those are the ones that look awful on everyone. :laugh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Wide leg or bootcut jeans... NOT skinny jeans or, worst of all, tapered legs. Those look awful on EVERYBODY. Palazzo pants or harem pants look great on all body types.

Yeahh...no. Harem pants are ugly.

I look fantastic in skinnies. Booty be like 'Pow! Bam! Hell Yeah!'

Sorry for all of ya'll suffering from flatassedness.
    thank you for your condolences. :flowerforyou:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    OOooooh, I love my skinny jeans. I can't wait for the weather to cool off so I can wear them again. But I agree they're not for everyone nor are they for every occasion. A dark wash, boot cut denim is another favorite of mine and it looks good on everyone.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Wide leg or bootcut jeans... NOT skinny jeans or, worst of all, tapered legs. Those look awful on EVERYBODY. Palazzo pants or harem pants look great on all body types.

jean-paul-gaultier-x-levis-denim-harem-pants-profile.png

No thanks... I'd rather not look like I'm wearing a saggy diaper all day long.

Harem Pants are NOT "Hammer pants". Those are more like sarouelles. Harem pants are straight cut with elastic waist and ankles. They don't have the dropped crotch.

The elastic at the ankles is EXACTLY why I can't wear harem pants. They make me look shorter and squattier than unusually do.