WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    BTW, I should mention that those glasses have only one lens in them now. I love the results of cataract surgery. The best thing is how bright everything looks. I'm looking forward to the next one in mid-October.

:heart: :heart: Mimi
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

This morning was a little challenging. I arrived at the apartment and one of the kids wanted to walk to school and the other two wanted to ride in the car. So, I said it was two to one, so we were driving. My DGD#2 was so sad that one big fat tear dripped down her cheek. She wanted to walk so bad! So, I drove them all the school and when we got there I said, OK, you two get out and Jilly stays in the car. They were all VERY confused. We drove a few blocks down the road, parked the car, and Jilly and I walked to the school, past the three houses where the friendly cats come out to greet her every morning. I knew that was why she was so sad. She is completely cat crazy! So, it made her day to walk just the two of us, and the other two can just wonder all day long what was going on. It'll be good for them.

So then I walked back to the car and drove to my studio, parked and walked to the Y. Did my weight routine, then walked back to the studio. When I got here there was a man waiting to buy pottery. That so seldom happens that it was a big surprise. He said it was a gift for his wife.

I tried to get a flu shot today but they were all out of vaccine. Thursday they are supposed to have more, so will go back then. Last year I got that super 4 in one, or 4 way, or something like that vaccine and did not get sick at all last winter, so I hope they have it again. I know they change the vaccine to best address the different strains going around that year, so it won't be exactly the same. If only there was a vaccine for the common cold.

Last night I made no-salt pasta sauce and it was really good, so I brought the rest today for lunch. I cooked some whole wheat pasta at 5:30 this morning. It's funny that I have found out how much cheaper it is to make my own pasta sauce and salsa and stuff like that, rather than buying it. A can of tomato paste and some spices, and that's it. I still have to buy Prego for hubby, but it lasts twice as long now.

Katla, I do computer drafting. Mostly layouts of school rooms to show where the furniture will fit best. But also some mechanical illustration. You know when you buy a piece of furniture and you have to assemble it and it has exploded views showing where all the parts go? It that kind of thing, but mechanical devices instead of furniture. I love that stuff. It's like a big puzzle. I draw it all in 3D and then take it apart. Big fun.

Mimi, I love the pic on your profile. Cute little girl! You are cute too. :wink: I'm going to be looking at cataract surgery one of these days. Mine are getting worse.

YannieJannie, you are so right that kids can be mean at any age. They must have gotten some of that from their parents. I can't imagine little kids thinking of going to hell unless they had heard it somewhere. I hope your daughter likes her new job. I think it sounds like fun. being around the horses, but I can see where you might not.

Vicki, it's so sad that your sister feels so competitive and doesn't support your weight loss. My sister was thrilled for me, which made me very happy. How much does she need to lose? You have done an awesome job so far. She should be able to see that!

Carol, great news with the oncology checkup!

Tomorrow I go back to see the butt-head cardiologist. I'm hoping he will take me off another med.

Here is today's joke of the day:

:happy:

The following 15 Police Comments were taken from actual police car videos around the country. Count down to #1...

#15 "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

# 14 "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

#13 "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

#12 "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you."

#11 "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

#10 "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

#9 "Warning! You want a warning? O. K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

#8 "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

#7 "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and corn dogs and step in monkey poo. "

#6 "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

#5 "In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

#4 "How big were those 'Just two beers' you say you had?"

#3 "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

#2 "I'm glad to hear that chief (of Police) Hawker is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

The envelope please.....................

AND THE WINNER IS ...

#1 "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."

:laugh:

Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Patty, some of the doctors we had were wonderful. my own family doctor is one of them. When he fist came to Deaconess, he was a family practice resident through our residency program. He was first year and I watched him grow up. But he was always so polite. At the end of his orders on the physician order sheet he always wrote 'thank you'. In that he was acknowledging that we were carrying out his orders and he thanked us for it, no matter whether it was the unit secretary doing the ordering or the nurses carrying them out. He also had and still has impecable penmanship. One of our surgeons one day talked to me about my pregnancy. He mentioned it was my second pregnancy and asked if I was having another girl. I didn't even know he realized it was my second much less that he knew the first one was a girl. We had a couple though that were horror stories. One of them, a youngish doctor, came up to us on nurse's day and said that since his Mom was a nurse he realized how difficult our job was and wanted to give us all a kiss. We just all gulped and wondered how we could gracefully leave the nurses desk. But he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a bag of Hersheys kisses. A nurse never gives up an opportunity for chocolates. Many other horror stories but there isn't enough room for me to write them plus I have tried to block them from my mind.

So Sylvia, you are one of those people we all curse over when we are trying to match A to B. Fortunately I am patient enough that when we bought something I could figure it out pretty easily. But I wasn't strong enough to finish so that's where Charlie came in. I was the brains and he was the braun and our system worked for many a bookcase, desk, etc.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pam1056
    pam1056 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi and thinking of you all. Hope it's the other way around too! :smile:

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have a few minutes this afternoon so wanted to answer the person who asked about the place I've made an offer on. I apologize for not remembering who at the moment and I'm too lazy to go back and read...

Anyway, what I hope will be my new home is a townhouse. It is an end unit and backs up to a park. When looking out the sliding glass doors to the patio, one sees only grass, trees, and bushes. The building is a little offset so that the next building is totally out of sight from the back yard unless one walks out pretty far to look. There are outside storage units attached to each townhouse so there is privacy on the other side as well. The exterior is done in rock and gray siding with white trim and a black door. There is also a front porch with plenty of space for a couple of rocking chairs or a bistro table set. Because it is an end unit, the only parking spaces where headlights would shine in the front windows are my own. Inside, it has hardwood floors in the dining room (just to the right of the front door) and the kitchen, There is linoleum in all of the bathrooms and carpet everywhere else. The kitchen is nicely sized--plenty big enough without being overwhelmingly huge. It also has a good sized pantry, solid surface counter tops, and stainless steel appliances. The kitchen is open to a large living room and has a long bar as the separator. The living room has a corner fireplace (gas) that is built for the TV to be placed over the fireplace. The living room is on the back of the unit (unlike lots of the others) so it has two side windows that look out over mostly a grassy area and the sliding glass doors to the patio. The dining room windows are over the front porch. Upstairs, there are three bedrooms and two full bathrooms plus the laundry room. The smallest bedroom is very small and will be my playroom! The master bedroom looks out over the back of the unit so there are windows that face the park (same direction of the patio) and another window that looks out over a predominately grassy area. The next building is visible, but far enough away to not be looking right into someone else's windows! Overall, the unit has something over 1500 sq ft with three bedrooms and two and one-half baths. It is out in the country and not on top of the interstate like I am now. The biggest downsides that I have found is that the lights from the soccer fields at the park will shine into my bedroom windows (shouldn't really be a problem) and I CAN hear the interstate, but mostly it's just crickets, frogs, and A/C units! And, because it doesn't have a garage (I don't have one now), I will have a few steps further to get to my front door from the car.

2f1b57ba-a92c-4df9-acb3-f9674a61f8c8.jpg

Edit: Cool! I wasn't at all sure I could get the photo to post!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Lovely, Carol!!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Oh, Carol! Let me echo Cynthia!!!!

Yanniejannie
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all my mfp buddies. I had a quiet day at work; my co-teacher is gone the rest of the week to a conference in Indiana, so there was no one to “bug” me LOL. I do miss her though! I had my A1C drawn today; it’s 5.9% again! Woo hoo! I’ve been under 6% for a year now. For diabetics under 7.5% is optimal .

I still have no idea what went on during my dad’s oral surgery visit despite three phone calls to their clinic. The nursing home only got a note that said they were waiting for xrays and wondered if dad would need anesthesia to pull teeth (well, which ones? What about the abscess? What happened to the drain?)

I noticed the ash tree in our front yard is starting to turn maroon. There’s also a bean field near me that is starting to turn gold. My favorite season is here!

Mimi: I missed the start of your nephew’s problems. Was he injured fighting a fire? They should start some kind of nutrition on him; losing that much weight is not good. Optimal nutrition should be started on every patient within 72 hours of admission. I think those firefighters are amazing. I’m sending get well wishes for him! Adorable picture!

Michele: that salon sounds kind of sketchy, doesn’t it?

Rori: sounds like you are in a beautiful spot!

Shana: sounds like your freezer is well stocked! YUM I love freezing food for a later meal.

Patty: wow triple booked! I’m glad you got it all straightened out! I too am a nurse….where is my love? LOL

Jane: have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Katla: I’m excited that I keep getting these good numbers, so I am hoping the cranky nurse practitioner will be happy too. I see my regular doctor on Friday and I’ll take her some of my diabetic friendly pumpkin bread.

Cindy: congrats on that weight loss!

Yanniejannie: great advice and words of wisdom to Alison! So what job did DD get? I must have missed that over the weekend

Heather: I see you are getting very excited about your trip!

Vicki: Christmas in how long???? OMG GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Carol: so glad your oncology check was good! That must be a huge weight off of you. I hope your depression lifts soon. Great house!

Sylvia: I love the toaster oven one!

Well it’s time to go lift weights and do some yoga. I took the cone off Benny’s head and he’s licking again! GAAAAA It’s endless with him. Tomorrow is weigh in day so keep your fingers crossed for me! Take care, Meg from fall-ish Omaha
  • southbeach56
    southbeach56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joann and I am 58 and need to loose about 50. And I need help with a weekly meal planner do you have any suggestions. I actually need mfp buddy to keep me on the right track please write me if you have any suggustions. thanks Jo Ann
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bumping in again... I've been reading to keep up.

Making myself leave my desk at lunch and go walk at the Y for 30-45 minutes and have lifted weights again a couple of times. Tomorrow is choir after work, so weights will have to be Thursday after work.

Nice house, Carol!

Gail, metro ATL
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Welcome Joanne. You will love all the support you get here.

Carlo, love the townhouse. I love that the front of 'your' house has brick vs siding on the next one. Town homes can be a great place to make friends. If ever moved I would love to live in one but my husband hates being neighborly. He likes keeping him to himself

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Patty, I am happy to hear that there is a good demand for your teaching skills. Enjoy every minute of it.

:flowerforyou: Katla, I am very grateful that I am not adversely affected by the lack of daylight. I’ve lived in north coastal locations for almost all of my adult life and prefer cloudy to sunny.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, one of the most wonderful things about this thread is the great support and encouragement we provide for each other----I have had the experience of being told by friends (I have no sisters) that I am getting to skinny, or wasting away, or that my food plan is too rigid, or other critical things….none of those remarks are helpful. I remember a comedian I liked who referred to someone “who gave helpful advice to people who were happier than he was”. I’m sorry your sister isn’t more supportive.

:bigsmile: Carol, congrats on the good oncology report. Are you taking those classes for credit or just for fun? My remedy for most of what makes me crazy is to stay in the moment and just be where I am….Your new townhouse looks and sounds great. They make some great “blackout” curtains and shades for bedrooms that might be the solution to the soccer field lights.

:bigsmile: Mimi, you look awesome and very slim in your picture.

:bigsmile: Meg, great news on your A1C…your hard work is paying off.

:flowerforyou: Joann, welcome…..keep coming back….to find a good meal plan, start by logging everything you’re eating now, then start adding “real” food and eliminating anything that comes in a can or a box. If you. My main meals are usually baked boneless chicken (4 ounces) and huge servings of two vegetables like green beans, broccoli, spinach, or cauliflower. I eat almost no bread or cheese.

:flowerforyou: Gail, going for a walk at lunch is a great idea.

:bigsmile: I did a little weight training (some is always better than none), rode the exercise bike while watching my DVR recording of last night’s DWTS, and walked the dogs a lot. Also took a nap so I can stay up late enough to watch the DWTS results show. I think if I danced all day, every day with a cute guy who was teaching me something I really wanted to learn, I’d get slightly emotionally involved with him and want to hug him a lot after a successful performance.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif

209940qfy499fhgm.png
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I really like it and the location is great!

Joyce - I'm an introvert so privacy is very important to me, too. I've never lived in a townhouse/condo/apartment place before so I'm anxious. You'll notice that I spent a lot of space describing the privacy of the outdoor area! LOL Although, the neighborhood that I lived in for about 7 years as a newlywed had the houses so close together that they almost seemed attached!

I'm having a cup of tea before bed since it is actually cool in my house!

Good night from Carol in NC
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Saving my place:bigsmile:

Carol:smile: Love the house, keeping everything crossed you get it!!!

Sylvia:smile: Love the jokes, thanks for helping me laugh every day:laugh: !

Meg:smile: Congrats on the A1C!!!!

Michele:smile: How are you liking this cool weather? I wore long sleeves and a sweater all day today!

Joyce:smile: When is your beach trip? I might need to join you:laugh: , warm temps and lots of sunshine :glasses: , I will be a little jealous:blushing: .

Cynthia:smile: How are things coming along with the house renovations? And is doggie doing better?

Katla:smile: When is surgery for DH? Horseback lessons sound fabulous!

Barbie:smile: You are the dancing queen! I love the quietness of the mornings and the evening sitting out on my deck, it just feels magical:love: !

I'm still trying to get over a sinus infection:sick: , I will be glad to get off the antibiotics, they make my stomach feel icky:frown: . I also got my flu shot and boy was my arm sore for about 4 days....ouch, I'm just glad it's over with though!

Thinking about everyone and wishing all well:heart: !

Hugs,
    DeeDee in chilly NC
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Finally my scale4s were kind this morning and down 1.3 pounds since yesterday and got in 11278 steps.
    Gone back to Jeannette Jenkins for breakfasts and lunches again as they suit me. Feel good to be training again and back to my Jeannette, Jillian and Bob DVDs again. I am going to start Inner Circle 2 day weights split next week too.

We live on 10 acres in Tasmania with nearest house 0.5 Km down the street. I only stay friends with certain people now as sussed the others out and NOT friends. We grow a lot of our own fruit and veg and nice to see blossom buds on our fruit trees.Spring is here at last

Our dog is a female beagle aged 11 1/2 and loves her doggy walks

Lesley in Tasmania
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of HIIT on the elliptical today. I have this app on my phone which "buzzes" at 30 second intervals (for the sprint) and then at the 45 second interval (for the recovery). I downloaded the audiobook "Salt Sugar Fat" so I was really looking forward to listening to it. Had a good start

The plan for tomorrow is to go to yoga and then take the deep water class.

The beginning of sad days -- I had to change from shorts to slacks today. I was bound and determined so I wore my shorts to the Green Room, but when I came out it was still on the chilly side so I relented and changed to pants. Booooo.. Someone asked me if I'd closed up my pool yet. Not on your life! We have the heater. Even if I can't get the pool heated, I can get the spa heated.

Joyce - great find in that jewelry box! Two $85 copays is sure less than $4500.

Rori - what a great NSV, that must have made you feel so great. That's great that you've been able to exercise

Rori - I like to do most of my cooking for the week and then I can freeze some for the next week. Glad you had fun with your guy

Patty - I'm sure you can knock out chapter two this week. I don't think there are as many videos to watch as there were for chapter one. Update: I just finished chapter two. On the quiz I got 15 out of 15 on my second try. You won't have any problem

katla - I'm sure Vince will feel better soon. You know, I kind-of wish he had a better diet, I think that would really help him. He tends to eat the same bland food over and over. Fortunately, he admitted finally that it was because of the way his mother cooked (or really didn't) that he's the way he is. His father was a bit of a hypocondriac -- the doctor was next to god and "you shouldn't be in pain, they have pills for that". See, I'm just the opposite, if I'm taking a pain pill you KNOW that I'm in big time pain. I think I only took something for menstrual cramps once in all the years I had my period and that was because we had to go out. To this day, I don't even like to take novacaine for a filling. Hope you like the stable. I enjoyed horseback riding, it gave me such a sense of calm (that is, after I got over my fear of horses)

Cindy in OK - yea those pounds gone!

Heather - the only thing I don't like about the shirataki noodles is the fact that the tomato sauce doesn't stick to them. Otherwise, I love them and actually prefer them to regular spaghetti. How do you get all the liquid removed from yours? I also love spaghetti squash

Took Lynette some of the German cookies and one of the black bean brownies. I could tell that she wasn't too impressed with the brownie, I didn't think she would be. Personally, I like the cookies and the brownies because they aren't real sweet. After volunteering I went to the post office, now home. We were just selling tickets to the benefactors at the Green Room today so I think I only got about 2 calls. Did get a lot of crocheting done, tho. Tomorrow starts the sale for the Season Ticket holders

Carol - wonderful news from the oncologist. You doctor is very wise realizing that you also lost your stress reliever. Hope it won't be for much longer, tho. Feel better soon. hmmmmm....black bean burger and spaghetti squash...sounds heavenly

mimi - adorable pic. Thanks so much for sharing. Glad the one lense is working for you. Vince couldn't get it to work for him, he had to wear reading glasses. He constantly commented on how bright white things were in the one eye that was done and how yellow they were in the other eye.

Sylvia - I had a feeling even before I read it that you'd drive the kids to school but walk with the other one, and I was right! I prefer to make my own things, too. Only sometimes I worry about the fact that I don't have all the preservatives, will it go bad faster?

Joyce - I guess you could say that Vince and I are the same way as you and Charlie. when we were putting down the riverrock, Vince was the one who planned out in what sequence things would be done. He was more the brains. I was the braun, the one who hauled the rock around.

Carol - your place sounds heavenly and looks it too. May you have many many wonderful years there. Sure hope you get it

meg - fantastic A1C!!!

JoAnn - welcome! I try to plan out what we're going to have for dinner each night for the following week, is that what you meant by a "meal planner"?

Gail, good for you walking!

DeeDee - sad to say, I wish for warmer weather. Well, it'll be good for working outside, that's for sure. But I do miss the warm weather. I want to continue to use my pool....waaaa I guess I can look on the bright side -- summer will be here before I know it (just like Christmas is almost here)

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    JoAnn - I just got this in my email and thought of you. Maybe it'll help?

This quick video walks you through the Allrecipes Menu Planner, the simple drag-and-drop tool that makes planning the week’s meals easy. It combines selected recipes and menus into a single shopping list, taking into account the portion sizes you choose. You can even edit the list, add additional items, and save lists, revisiting them later. It’s so smart! Watch it in action. Try Menu Planner Free for 30 Days!

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    We watched all of CBS evening programming tonight. Our favorites, NCIS and Person of interest. they are the season premier shows. So glad to get those back. I told Charlie that I hope he remembers tonight. 3 whole hours of staying on the same station, no channel surfing and no fast forwarding through every commercial or trying to find a quick moment of another show to watch during commercials. Yes, I had control over the remote. So I have no idea who was kicked off DWTS.

Dee Dee, we leav Oct 12 and come back on the 17th. Not a whole lot of time down there but when Mom and Dad are paying for everything you have to hold it down somewhere. Plus we are working in the constraints of the kids fall break. Anyone is welcome to visit us!!! Just bring your own beach chair and enjoy seeing the most wonderful grand daughters anyone could ask for!!! Well I am a little prejudice. As for watching men, well Charlie is 66, has Parkinsosn and is very pale and since we will be in in October he will be fully dressed. My son in law is a skinny as a rail, long grey hair and has man boobs. So no good looking hunks to watch. Maybe the warm gulf waters will cure you of your sinus problems. at least it will keep your mind off of them a little.

Solved the problem of the jewelry box. I called my sister and she remembered it as my Moms. I just don't remember the jewelry as Moms. Last year my sister, Norma, got all my Moms old jewelry, all costume, and made Christmas ornaments for herself and siblings and her own daughter. She got clear round Christmas ornaments, the kind you get in craft stores, took the jewelry apart and started glue gunning them all over the ornaments. There are several little things I can remember Mom weaing so much, like the G off of a stick pin, a little sweet red flat earring. Red was Moms favorite color. Then she fashioned a beautiful sweet bow and ribbon on the top for hanging. So she is going to come over and we are going to try to do something with these new found pieces for my two girls, her daughter in law and the adult man that my brother and wife adopted. He came for a very abusive household and needed a friend and they became friends and adopted him. He is about 30, has spina bifida, wears diapers and insecure. The Christmas right before Mom died in March he came up with them. My Mom loved everyone and believed that she was given the name Grace for a reason. Anyway she had Cedrick come over beside her and just put her arm around him and said that from now on he is a Peterson. She died less that 3 months after that. He went through quite a depression after that. Why would God give him a Grandma and then just take him away. so I have tried to give him some of her things to remind of Mom. Plus I got him some mantle pieces that said Faith, Hope and Love and explained that I knew they were not the typical things to give to a 30 year old man but I wanted to have something to see all the time of what Mom was all about. I have a beautiful counted cross stitch piece a made for Mom but I just can't make myself let go of it. It is of her life verse, Jeremiah 29:11. 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you. plans to give you hope and a future. ' The family is having problems accepting this guy. He is about as pitch black as black can be. me and my siblings, the ones who grew up in our household and understand the love of God, have truly accepted him. All of our mates have not though and have passed it along to different children in the family. And I don't mean kids sized kids, like 40 year old kids. So he feel that each time he comes

JoAnne, one way I developed my meal plans was to just log in what I eat daily, whether good or bad. And then after about 2 weeks, take a good long hard look at it and you can see how much fat, cholesterol, Sodium, carbohydrates you are eating and then work hard in getting those into the right proportions. And don't expect success at first. It is a learning process. Some of us cook our healthy meals just for us and then cook regular foods for the family. Some of us has the whole family eating healthy. I try to have a lower calorie lunch at home and we eat out every single evening but I search the internet to find places with nutritional menus so I do smart ordering. And don't beat yourself up when you backslide a bit or when you plateau. I think at this stage of the game I loose 1 pound about every 2 months.

I was talking to Charlie about my plateaus tonight and he asked if I would be happy if I stayed where I am. I said I wouldn't be satisfid but where I am now is so far away from where I was that I would accept it and be comfortable in my body. I know if I was lower if I gained a pound or two it would be better than if I gained a pound or two at my present weight. He said I should shoot for 120. I just laughed and reminded him of my age. I am not going to look like I looked like I did on my wedding day.

Joyce, Indiana
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just poppin' in for a quick hello before heading off to bed. Did anyone watch The Voice? I like the new judges a lot. They gave me a good laugh or two. (There's something for everyone I guess. :tongue: )

Meg, my nephew is in the hospital with pneumonia caused by smoke inhalation. After 3 days in ICU, they moved him to a regular room. Yesterday, he went from 6 liters of oxygen a day to none. They're calling him their miracle patient.

He still can't keep anything down though and the hospital food is awful. Try this breakfast...dry cereal (without milk) and a dish of pineapple. I can't figure that one out. Dry and scratchy plus acidic. Great for a painful throat. :huh:

They did an endoscopy today to see if they can figure out what's going on. He still hasn't seen a dietician. Some hospitals in the US are providing 3rd-world country care. I've been fortunate but that's not true for everyone.

Carol, the new house looks wonderful. It's very cute.

Sylvia, you had me laughing. Again. Another of my nephews is a cop in Oakland (of all places). I can just imagine him saying some of those things in the absolutely straight-shooter, but funny, way that he has. He is, btw, 6'4" and I'd guess 220, but gentle as they come. A perfect cop.

Anytime my sister (his mom) says she's going to Oakland for something, he looks at her and says, "Why?" I guess you have to see it to know how funny it is. But, he's dead serious. Oakland has some of the worst crime in the country. (Don't ask why he wants to be a cop there. Still a kid I guess, even though he's in his late 20s now. Hey. Wait a minute. That IS still a kid. :laugh: )

Barbie, thanks for the compliment. That 50 lbs I want to lose (which will take me just barely under the overweight category) is mostly below the boobs. :noway: :blushing: :noway:

Dee, it's good to see your smiling face. I hope you beat this sinus infection quickly. And stay well, y'hear?!

Off to bed.:yawn:

Mimi
    :heart: