WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Just another quick note; it's going to be a busy day (and I slept restlessly because I ate too much last night :grumble: ).

DeeDee: renovations are coming along. Kitchen is done (floor, one new drawer thingy from Ikea with a kind of table on top of it. Windows are in. Room 1 is done (wallpaper off, painted, carpeted). Room 2 is almost done (wallpaper off and painted). Room 3 (my office) is next, so this weekend we have to get everything out of there. :sad: Then wallpaper off, painting and carpeting. The last one is room 4, has to be emptied (:sad: :sad: ), then painted and carpeted. One little thing at some point: painting the grout in the shower.
    Anyway, it's going fine and we like the guys who are doing it, so it could be a lot worse.

Dog is a lot better, but seems quiet today for some reason. We have a followup appointment with his eye doctor this afternoon.

Strength to everybody with issues.

Jane, how is your housing situation??

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning ladies, sorry I didnt check in last night, but got home from work late...
    Mimi~If I am not mistaken when I was in the fire department if we saw things that sort of freaked us out. we could speak with someone..paid for by the town..If your nephew is a paid firefighter or not there should be someone professional that he can speak with about his fears..
    Carol~ Love the look of the townhome.. congratulations and best wishes..
    I have been trucking along and trying to eat right, and there is just so much stuff out there that confuses me..I like a banana , and try and have an apple at least 4-5 times a week.
    well Jorge Cruise -flat belly diet says that is full of sugar and if you want fruit to eat berries..even though I walked 14,000 steps yesterday I have not lost anything... It is getting frustrating.. will have to look at my food log to see where I can tweek.
    Ok now I need help.. the party for my DB is this saterday.. there will be 14 people.. I have made 27 sliders, have a pack of 8 hot dogs, making a bunch of sausage and peppers,deviled eggs, I have 4 bottles of soda and an 18 pack of bottled water..someone is bringing chips and dip, I am making a no bake smores cake, and some rice krispie treats,how much more stuff do you think I need?
    I have told everyone that this is a dry(no booze)party.. for my brother's sake and most of the guys that are coming are his drinking buddies.. but I think they respect why I am doing this.
    Hopefully it will be a surprise
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Carol - loooooove the house! Hope you sell super quick!:flowerforyou:

Alison - sometimes I think it's easier to do a big dish of something, like chilli, and a pile of rice, than lots of fiddly things that take work. But I'm always looking for ways to save effort.:tongue:

Today you will all be pleased to hear I have booked my Christmas slot for the supermarket delivery! ! ! ! ! ! ! !:laugh: I can cancel it, add to it, take things off it, but the slots fill up really fast so I've done it. :tongue: I've got it for the Monday afternoon so if things go belly up (like snow) there's time to sort it out. I have no idea what is happening for Christmas this year as it depends on what DDIL decides to do. I hope she might be able to tell me this Friday when we go up for DH'S playdate. :laugh: :love:

Having my nice 3 grain salad for lunch today.:love: I cooked 3 days worth at once and this is my 2nd day. I will freeze the rest. I made 2 oz each of giant couscous, quinoa and brown rice. Mix it each day with masses of salad bits, a bit of protein like feta, a touch of chilli and a squirt of lemon juice. Salt and pepper added afterwards to taste. Makes a huge bowl for about 320 cals.
    Tonight is lamb mince curry with fresh peas and new potatoes. Broccoli to accompany. I am using what I call Prince Charles's lamb - Duchy of Cornwall organic Welsh hill lamb.:laugh: I will freeze a small portion, without potatoes for a future single meal, perhaps when DH is off at football.

Love to all. Got to get salad chopping. DH is making his own crusty brown rolls with pastrami.

Heather in showery Hampshire UK
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,766 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I've just read a couple pages and all I have to say is ... I just love you all! In the space of a half hour I've laughed, prayed, and been inspired! Thank you!

Have a great day!
    Beth
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!
    Had a blast at the pumpkin batch till the mosquitoes started biting.
    Violet got a nice pumpkin,not the biggest one in the lot.lol
    AS for the house hunting still looking,exhausted everything out this way.may end up in these apts the are totally gutting.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yanniejannie: As I well know, the passion for horses is a strong one. Your daughter may never leave it behind. I hope the job pays well enough, and she stays safe. You are right is reminding Sylvia that young kids can be terribly mean. Sometimes I think it is intentional meanness, and other times they are just repeating lessons taught by their parents and preachers.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Heather: I am getting excited about your New York trip, too. I hope you have a wonderful experience.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Thanks for the Christmas stocking reminder! I have one to make before the holidays for my new grandson. I’m sorry you’ve had a falling out with your sister. I hope she will come around soon. :flowerforyou:

Mimi: I love the picture of you and your DGD. Beautiful! I’m happy your cataract surgery went well. Vision is a precious gift. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I admire your art talent, and I consider drafting to be art. I have a cousin in his 90s who was an architect/artist. He retired from architecture some years ago, but still paints. I found recipes on line for sodium free taco seasoning and spaghetti seasoning. The taco seasoning is extremely popular with DH, but he isn’t as fond of the spaghetti mix. I loved it. I wonder if there is some ingredient I should adjust to make it better for him. I LOVE today’s joke. :flowerforyou:

Carol: The townhouse looks and sounds wonderful. Has your offer been accepted? I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get it, and love living there.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’m happy your numbers are looking good. I hope Ms. Cranky Nurse is pleased, too. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good news at weigh in. :flowerforyou:

DeeDee: I had a sore arm for a couple of days following my flu shot, too. The pharmacist warned me that this year’s shot was making people a bit uncomfortable. I just hope it prevents the viruses that eventually come our way.:flowerforyou:

Lesley in Tasmania: Congratulations on your weight loss! Fall was ushered in here by a rainstorm. We’ve had such a dry year so far that I was wondering about drought, but I’m not worried now.:wink::flowerforyou:

Michele: Enjoy your pool and spa as long as you can. DH has been dieting along with me although he doesn’t log his food any more. Preparing foods that are pleasing, flavorful, and don’t contain lactose or too much sodium has led to a lot of experimentation and some enjoyable meals. Not too many went into the garbage. We mostly eat the same things, but he treats himself to favorites like oyster stew from time to time. I can’t have the lactose, and am NOT an oyster fan, so I prepare something I enjoy on those occasions.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: I sure don’t look like I did on my wedding day either! I can still see the girl in my features, but she’s “weathered” when I look in the mirror. I wore size 11 juniors back then and wear size 8 women’s pants now, but large tops. I have long arms. I think the women’s 8’s are definitely larger than the junior 11’s.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Heather: I am intrigued by your couscous, quinoa and brown rice mix. We tried quinoa and DH isn’t crazy about it. He prefers pasta, brown rice or potatoes. I wonder if I could get him to like your mix.:flowerforyou:

Jane: I hope you find the right home soon. Uncertainty is hard to bear.:flowerforyou:

I didn’t get to the stable yesterday. I called the barn and there was no answer, so I assumed they were not there or were busy. There is plenty of time to get there. Since it has started to rain I’ll hope for a good arena for lessons. I’m considering going back to my previous teacher. I enjoy her teaching and love the horse, but it is a LONG way from here. The round trip is 50 or 60 miles.

Katla in beautiful and raining NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

:drinker:

Welcome newcomers :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Beth agree sharing with all of you is a great way to start the day!

Mimi glad nephew is recovering. After watching DSIL go through pneumonia I know how serious the condition can be.

Joyce love the Christmas ornament idea. What a great was to save memories.

Carol add my vote to the new house.

Deedee it has been awhile since I had a sinus infection. I remember they can be painful and how dragged out I felt when I had one. Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Heather need to take lesson on keeping it simple from you. We made soup from left over chicken last night. I must have spent a half an hour chopping all the veggies to go in it. I added baby Okra. Okra is a vegetable you find used more in the Southern part of the US. The results were yummy.

Went to another stunning garden yesterday with temps low seventies and low humidity. Picture perfect.

Today continue to enjoy this spectacular weather soon enough the cold and snow will come.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • DMRinehardt
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I've been gone for a few days....I definitely need to make mfp a better habit. I drive home to Jacksonville for the weekends - with taking Monday and Tuesday off this week, I wasl up there longer than usual. :) I find that both hubby and I have some bad habits on the weekend that we need to address. We used to work out on the weekends, but that stopped one winter past. (We would ride our road bikes.) Summer is too hot....winter too cool. We really laze about on the weekends and that isn't going to help either of us. Add to that, his impeding retirement.....we definitely need to sit down and talk about a lifestyle change!

Renny, I don't know if you have talked about hubby's forgetfulness at length on these threads, so bear with me if I repeat something that might have been shared by others. Has hubby discussed his forgetfulness with his MD? Although we all are forgetful at times, leaving a car running while locking the keys in the car...and...leaving a hose running after filling a bird bath both appear to be a bit on the serious side. DH became very forgetful last year. He thought it could be related to his deployments... not so. He had advanced hyperparathyroidism. His mind returned after surgery. I share this because that cause was curable so not all causes could be serious in the long run. I am sure that it has probably crossed your mind that it may be "old age"....aka: dementia. It is scary to contemplate, but I would encourage your DH to get evaluated. There are treatment options. If nothing else, it may ease your mind to find out that he is just quirky! :D

Have a great day everyone! I promise to be back more often. :)

Dianne
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - I'm not sure how nice it would be without salt, but lemon juice always helps. I always add the salt last as it depends on what protein I have used. Today was crispy bacon so didn't need so much salt.:flowerforyou:

Now I am cooling off my lamb curry so I can skim off some fat.:bigsmile:

DH is walking round the lanes picking blackberries for the freezer. He is the fruit monitor in our house.:laugh: Most evenings we have some kind of stewed fruit prepared by him with my home made yoghourt. Tonight is yesterday's apples (from our tree) and blackberries. I like it cold best. Sometimes it's our own plums and sometimes pears. I feel I have had a proper 'dessert'.:laugh:

Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:happy:

A policeman brought four boys before a judge.

"They were causing an awful lot of commotion at the zoo, your Honor," he said.

"Boys," said the judge sternly, "I never like to hear reports of juvenile delinquency.

Now I want each of you to tell me your name and what you were doing wrong."

"My name is George," said the first boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen."

"My name is Pete," said the second boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen."

"My name is Mike," said the third boy, "and I threw peanuts into the elephant pen."

"My name is Peanuts," said the fourth boy.

:laugh:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Gray, rainy 2 to 4 inches expected........nor'easter. DD out for her run; lifeguards later. Will be short today as I'm babysitting a bit for a neighbor down the block (baby girl!!!!) then it's off to the first cross country meet for the high schools.........will be drenched no matter what I wear! Kind of hoping that gets cancelled!

yanniejannie
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies. Went to bed last night hearing thunder and rain. This morning it was a cool 60 and only to get to 78 today. I love this time of year. Today is one of my short days and so will be walking home. I went out after work last evening to exchange my shoes. They were falling apart on the bottom and I only had them acouple days longer than a month. And of course they had no more in my size. Ended up getting a pair of New Balance. I have had them before and liked them, but sure liked the memory form in the stechers. I wrote the company a letter on line last night so see if I get an answer back and if I can order them on line.

Carol--Congrates on the good 6 month checkup. The townhouse sounds very nice. Praying it all works out.

yanniejannie--Sorry for your stress. Remember to take care of yourself.

Mimi--love the picture. Good news about your nephew. hope it keeps getting better.

Syliva--What a great way to handle the walking to school problem. I bet DGD#2 feels very special. Your drafting work sounds interesting and hard.

Meg--Great AC1 test. Keep up the good work.

Joyce--Glad you figure out the jewelry box. How fun to make things from your moms stuff.

Allison--Sounds like you have things under control for DB's party.

Dee & Katla--I also got my flu shot. The hospital I work at has a couple nurses going around to each unit and dept to give them. The only way you do not have to get one is if you have a note from your doctor otherwise you can not work. Doesn't upset me as I have been getting them for years. This year she gave it to me up on top of my shoulder. I have never gotten a shot that high. It sure hurt at the time and for a couple days. They said the one this year is to last 9 months. Quess time will tell.

Sun is out and I am hoping for a nice walk home. May take the long way and add some steps. My mind is full of so many things I need to get done. I can think about all this at work and when trying to sleep, but do you think I have the energy when I am home. Have to give myself a kick in the rear and just do it. Have a great day ladies and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Heather, yogurt and stewed fresh fruit sounds yummy!
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Mimi - you are so sweet!:flowerforyou: I like it because I haven't had to cook it and it is all home grown/gleaned.:bigsmile:

Vicki - you are such a trooper! I'm sure I've said this before, but you are an inspiration!:flowerforyou:

Well ladies, I'm sure you will all think I'm completely crazy, but I have reserved a table at Le Bernadin in NYC. I didn't know where to eat for my actual birthday and had read about this restaurant, but I was afraid of committing to such a big expenditure and also afraid it wouldn't he worth it as I would be so nervous I wouldn't enjoy it! :noway: Sometimes I do get very nervous about these famous restaurants. Nearly always I have ended up having a great time as they are skilled at making you feel relaxed and welcome.:tongue: Anyway, I left it a bit late for booking as I was unsure, but today I thought, "What the heck, you only live once!" and I booked it. It is a seafood restaurant, which is just up my street. Unfortunately we could only get in for 5.15 and have to be out by 8.00, but I am on a cancellation list for later. The good thing is that it is 18 mins walk from the hotel. That is important.:laugh:
    DH wasn't too happy about it all, especially as he will have to pack a jacket, :tongue: , but he will go along with me and my funny little ways.:laugh: Apparently it has a lovely interior decoration. :bigsmile:

Had to tell you ladies.:flowerforyou: I am very aware that spending that kind of money on a meal is a bit obscene, but I feel I am only 65 once and it is a major, major passion in my life. :heart:

Heather, feeling a bit embarrassed in Hampshire UK

PS - My London friend has just sent me a birthday card with a $20 note inside! She said "Have a drink on me! "
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dianne: Your comments about checking out the cause of mental changes strike chord with me. My grandma died with Alzheimer’s, but none of her children had it. Never the less, I keep a watch out on myself. As a lifelong sufferer of attention deficit disorder, it is easy to wonder what is normal and what is worrisome.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Heather: After DH had a stroke last year we needed to make changes to reduce our sodium levels. I don’t add salt when cooking now, but I do add it to my own food at the table. DH uses salt substitute at the table. I used to salt things generously while cooking, and salt generously again at the table. I know I’ve cut back in the amount I add. I like having less sodium on my food. I feel better, and it is still tasty. Adding lemon juice or lemon zest really improves flavor of many things. I hope you’ll tell us all about your special dinner out in New York. I hope you enjoy every bite and every minute at LeBernadin. What a nice 65th birthday celebration it will make!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Vicki: My flu shot was on top of my shoulder, too. I noticed it, but it wasn’t too bad. :flowerforyou:

DH bought an ipad, then he traded it for another ipad, and now he wants to trade it again for yet another ipad. The man makes me crazy! I will try to be patient, but I’m getting irritable. :grumble: When we were younger we talked lot about “put through,” a churning of possessions always wanting something newer bigger and better. I hate put through, and DH seems to have a major case of “put through-itis.” Color me tired of it and getting grumpy.:tongue::frown:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I am finally feeling like a human instead of a troll:bigsmile: ! Yay for no headache!!!

Mimi :smile: I also believe firefighters are heros, one of my guy friends that I meet for coffee is a firefighter, I love to hearing his stories! Sending my best to your nephew:flowerforyou: !!! Dry cereal and pineapple…YUCK:sick: , what are they thinking? Glad your surgery went well!!!

Lesley in Tasmania :smile: Yay for the scale being kind:bigsmile: !!!! So glad you`re feeling better! I`m a little jealous you`re getting ready for spring, while I love fall, I do not love winter! Will be looking forward to your posts about your springtime!

Michele :smile: Sad days:sad: …I`m right there with ya! I`m not big on taking medication either, they gave me a potent painkiller when I had oral surgery and I just took Advil, several times I thought about taking the pain pill though. Hope Vince is feeling better; do you think it could be allergies?

Joyce :smile: LOL…watching men, drat…..I would love to run into those Scott twins:love: on HGTV!!! Ahhh salt water for my sinus problems….I think you`ve given me another reason to join you on your trip:bigsmile: ! I know you`re going to have a wonderful time! Glad you found out where the jewelry box was from. What a fabulous idea to make Christmas ornaments! You are proof that you can eat out every evening and lose weight, you`ve done an amazingly good job of finding what works for you!

Cynthia :smile: Let us know what the Dr. says about doggie! Removing all my junk from rooms was quite a feat:embarassed: , I actually paid a couple of my guy friends to help me get everything from upstairs to downstairs, they did a marvelous job and were cheap:laugh: ! I`m glad you like the guys who are doing the work! My painters were here so long, I told them they were like my children:laugh: !

Alison :smile: My Dr. told me once the best fruits to eat are…grapes, berries, apples and I think oranges, she said absolutely NOT pineapple:cry: , I love pineapple, especially grilled! What about having a big veggie tray for the party, you can buy one already made up, or it`s not hard to cut up celery, carrots, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and maybe have some hummus to go along with it…yum! I`m sure your brother is going to love it!

Heather :smile: Yay for getting your Christmas holiday slot!!! I`ve already started shopping for Christmas! I`m so happy that you`ve booked a nice restaurant for your birthday!!! I hope you enjoy every second of your trip! We always went to NYC in Dec. and in April, one of my favorite places to visit! My granddaughters were there in June, the oldest one has decided she wants to live there. It`s a little too busy for my taste to live there, but I love visiting for a few days, the shopping is fabulous:bigsmile: !!!

Beth :smile: I agree, the women on this thread are amazing:heart: ! How is son doing?

Jane Martin :smile: Glad you had a good time at the pumpkin patch, and Violet found just the perfect pumpkin:happy: . Wishing you the best of luck on your house hunting!

Katla :smile: I`m with you, hope they got all the strains of the virus in our shot!!! So DH is wanting all the newest toys…men….grrrr, my hubby was like that too, latest gadgets. He put an entertainment center in downstairs when we built this house that I don`t even know how to turn on:noway: , I do know how to get the music to play but that`s it. It must be a male thing.

Margaret :smile: Your soup sounds yummy! My mom used to take all the leftovers and make soup, one of my favorites was a bean and bacon soup, of course it always had a few other veggies thrown in…so good!

Dianne :smile: At least you`ve acknowledged that you need to address the lazy weekends, that`s the first step! Hopefully you`ll find something that will appeal to both of you!

Sylvia :smile: Love the joke:laugh: !

Yanniejannie :smile: It`s raining here too, and very chilly:frown: . Hope you have fun babysitting! One of my friends daughters just had a baby girl, it was so nice holding a little baby again:love: ! Hope the cross country match is canceled so you don`t have to get drenched!

Viki :smile: Temp of 78 sounds heavenly, it`s 61 degrees here and that`s just cold to me! I can`t believe your shoes were falling apart just a little after a month:huh: , I`m glad you took them back. A lady stopped me in the Fresh Market today and asked me if I knew of a shoe repair place close by, a purse she had just bought was falling apart, the strap had come unstitched, I told her to take it back to the store, there was no reason it should be falling apart after a few days. Sometimes I wonder about all the shoddy workmanship! I`ve never heard of getting a shot on your shoulder…ouch!!! Glad to hear it`s supposed to last 9 months! Hope you have an enjoyable walk home!

It`s raining now and has been since around noon…yuck. We do need the rain so I`m trying not to complain much. I was outside this morning around 6 am wrapped up having coffee on the deck. I love watching the darkness give way to light, and then I love watching the lightness give way to darkness in the evenings, I think it`s such a magical sight! I`m also a star gazer, a clear night when the sky is filled with sparkly stars, I could look at the sky for hours:love: !

Hope everyone is having a good day or night (where ever you might be)!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in rainy and chilly NC
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello. As the days are finally a little bit cooler, I spend all my day outside. Biking, gardening and sculpting. Soon the days will be so short, that I cannot get much done outside, so autumn and spring is my time outdoors. So not much computer time for me at the moment.

Hope everybody is getting better, it seemed like a hospital for humans and pets at one time and I felt sorry for everybody.

Anne, enjoying every minute under 100 degree Fahrenheit
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I've just enjoyed two of my favourite TV programmes of the week! The Great British Bake Off and then Our Zoo! What a mixture!

I don't bake myself but love the competition and the amazing creations that are produced. This week they did doughnuts and wow what interesting doughnuts. The only thing I make (that works!) are flapjacks and tea bread. My daughter is the baker in our family, she learned from my mum who was fantastic at baking and decorating cakes. I was a real disappointment, especially when not even the dogs would eat my butterfly cakes which were so hard they could have been real rock cakes! I know my limitations!!

Our Zoo is based on the true story of the creation of Chester Zoo in the 1930s, and I know I'll be sad when the series is over in a couple of weeks time. I will really have to go and visit Chester Zoo or at least buy the book. It has made me laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time.

If I am going to sit and watch TV I try to make sure that I have already done my 10,000 steps - over 11,000 today so I'm happy.

My sister described online friendships like meeting in a virtual pub. You meet friends and pass the time of day, some like billiard balls and some you really relate to, but you miss those that don't call in on the days that they usually do! I like that as a description. I like our version of the pub!

Welcome to our newbies and please keep popping in for a chat.

MA in UK
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well decided to check in.
    Carol- love the house, I like that it's an end unit. I'm like you I like my privacy..
    Anne- I like cooler weather too. Fall is my favourite season.
    Mimi- healing prayers for your nephew.
    Heather- enjoy New York. We have a group that goes every spring for a weekend, we love it. There is always new things to do.
    and the food tours are awesome.
    I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm going crazy not being able to walk. I tried but too soon, my belly is still pretty sore
    and since I lost wght it's jiggles and hurts when I walk. At night I have to use a pillow like I did when I was pregnant.
    Brenda from Md
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hello,all. After the iPad update,the text on all the places I checked is so tiny. & so far,no way to change it. SIL will look it over. If it doesn't get better soon,will go to Apple Store. They will either fix or replace. Can't read for more than a few mins,so will catch you later, Pat

Carol.....remember your pic. Wonderful news about being in good health.Your home sounds great. Hope you get it.I bought some type of blackout fabric at Joanns yrs ago for our trailer. Never knew what direction we'd be facing when parked. The curtains were worth every minute spent making them.