Do you eat breakfast?

Options
If so, what percentage of your total calories do you dedicate for breakfast alone?

Replies

• oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make sure to eat breakfast everyday within 1 hours of waking up and it is atleast 25 percent of my daily calories. It works great for me and I'm never hungry throughout the day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! :love:

I average around 400 cals for breakfast, give or take 50 cals or so, depending on the day, so about 20%.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast.
  • gyptionft
    gyptionft Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning. Don't usually spend loads of calories on it but change it frequently so one day I may have a few more calories than the other. Usually just a slice of toast with no butter, or cereal, fruit, boilled egg, almonds along with a green tea and water lots of variety so I don't get bored! You should aim to eat breakfast as it kick starts your metabolism making it easier to loose weight as well as giving you the energy boost for the day ! x
  • bluuu123
    Options
    breakfast is super important

have a carby one!! energy for the whole day

i usually ballpark each of my intakes to about 300 cals (eating 4-5 times a day) so my breakfast is also 300 cal
  • FreeBDA
    Options
    No, I don't. But I guess its because I am used to it, that's why I don't get hungry in the morning. I usually get hungry around midday. That is of course unless I did a significant amount of running that day, in which case I will have a sweet tea for breakfast.
  • MissBlunts420
    MissBlunts420 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for breakfast, as I'm rarely hungry when I wake up. However, I recently started taking some new medication first thing in the morning that requires me to eat, so I have either an apple, banana, yogurt, or some kefir, depending on what sounds good at the time. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee as well. My calorie range for breakfast usually falls between 165-300 calories.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Some days I do, some days I don't. If I do eat breakfast, it's usually just one of those 100-calorie granola bars and a piece of fruit. Or a bowl of Cheerios (though on the rare occasion, my dad will make a giant breakfast so I'll have that).

Generally, I don't really get hungry until 12-1pm.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I don't know, just never was a morning person and eating in the morning makes me nauseated. I am a night owl naturally so I usually don't eat my first meal ( if you want to call that breakfast) at 2-3 pm. It's usually 300 calories or so.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually in the 300-400 calorie range. You don't need to eat a large breakfast or even eat a traditional breakfast at all if you're not hungry. Your metabolism does not need kickstarting nor does eating breakfast guarantee that you'll lose weight more quickly and easily. Some people find the earlier in the day they start eating, the more likely they are to overeat.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast. When I do it's maybe 15% of daily calories.
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    used to never eat breakfast, but the more i got into running the more i needed energy to increase my distance. i tried running last weak without breakfast and i felt like i was about to pass out. So now I make sure I east something. My breakfast ranges from 350-450 calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, and anywhere from 20-35%, depending on whether I am able to have lunch or just a snack before work. I've been making eggs a lot in the latter case, and those definitely eat the calories up (pun intended) up in the best way.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200-1400 calories for breakfast which is 30-35% of my daily caloric intake.... I agree with other though and I fully believe there is no need for meal frequency, the only need is to make sure you are hitting your calories and macros for that day regardless to meal timing... It is more of a personal preference......
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    You should aim to eat breakfast as it kick starts your metabolism making it easier to loose weight as well as giving you the energy boost for the day ! x

Nope. Metabolism only stops when you die. When you eat is personal preference and boils down to how you FEEL.

I wake up at 7am, drink my morning coffee and don't eat breakfast until almost noon.

ETA : I've lost a total of 53 lbs, we won't count the back and forth game I've been playing between losing and gaining during my bulk.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't eat right when I get up. I will workout and then eat breakfast.
    I usually devote 300 to 350 calories. If I am busy I will eat a protein bar. If I have time its egg whites, English muffin, fruit.

I can't exercise with a full stomach. Not really sure why.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Usually yes (my weekends are different)… and I usually have about 400-500 calories for breakfast. Typical daily intake is anywhere from 1300-1500. Lunch is really small and I'm not a huge snacker.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I don't usually, unless I'm going to exercise in the morning. Usually I eat my first meal in the early afternoon, work out in the early evening, and eat dinner afterwards.

I found that when I ate breakfast, all I could think about all morning was when the next meal was. For some reason, skipping it completely doesn't do this and I just don't think about food until it's eating time.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm nauseated first thing in the morning and have to be up an hour before I can get a cup of black coffee down. I can't imagine trying to put solid food in there. I don't eat until I have a granola bar or a protein bar at work, more than three hours later.

I work out as soon as I roll out of bed and have had no problems working out in a fasted state.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually in the range of 250-300 calories, and I eat 1500/day.