Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. I getup around 5-530 in the morning and have a few cups of coffee until I get hungry around 11-noon.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I find that sometimes skipping breakfast helps me stay within my calorie goals as I'm not very hungry in the mornings. When I do eat breakfast (quite often right now), I use about 1/5 of my daily calories. My biggest meal is usually dinner.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    If I'm not really hungry I'll eat a bar like nutri grain, but usually I'll be hungry after I walk my youngest to school and walk a few miles after that, so I'll have a few eggs mixed with spinach on a flatbread either with ketchup or tapatio
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It raises your metabolic rate and you have the whole of the day to burn off breakfast calories. I try not to eat food containing simple carbs like, sucrose, fructose, glucose or lactose. I make sure all my carbs are accompanied by fibre and protein. I have few carbs after breakfast and try to eat only lean protein for the rest of the day. Since I started to get 40%+ of my daily calories from breakfast and by following such a regime, I find it much easier to keep my hunger under control..
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do. If I skip breakfast I find myself over snacking through out the day. I also go to the gym in the morning and feel dizzy if I dont eat. I usually have about 300 calories at breakfast and I eat 1200-1600 a day.
  • emngill209
    emngill209 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really try to aim to have breakfast, mainly because it starts out your daily energy and because it gets your metabolism going as well. For myself personally I start to feel sick after about 2 hours if I don't eat.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I have planned or if I work out before breakfast. If I don't have a lot of working out planned early in the day I only consume about 15% if going on a long jog or hike then I'll bump it up to 25-30%. Skipping breakfast is never a good idea.

29509743.png
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood but not for weight loss.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    About 30-40% for breakfast. I eat more earlier since I usually don't have time later in the day due to work and night classes.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    300-400 usually. My daily calories vary widely as I watch a weekly deficit rather than a daily one (some days under some days over), so it's hard to say a percentage. I do remember breakfast being the first meal I decided to "tackle" while counting calories. Prior to that, most of my meals were made by someone else so I wouldn't have had an accurate count on how much I was consuming.
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. On weekdays, I rarely eat breakfast before a run if I'm doing a morning run. The days that I do eat after running, its either donuts, oatmeal, or bananas.

On weekends, I will fuel up with donuts and coffee on the way to the run and then top off with bananas after the run.

Overall, anywhere from about 0-400 calories.

That said, this is now, where I'm not focused on losing weight faster. If I wanted to lose at 1+ pounds a week, I'd always run the morning without pre-fuel, and then upon return, if I was super hungry, I'd have a protein shake. Otherwise, I'd wait an hour and see if I was hungry then, which is rare. With fat to burn, my body has a fuel source in the early goings as long as I'm amply hydrated.

In general, because of the running thing, I'm more energized from running then I'll be from eating a traditional breakfast. Breakfast to me is a fuel depending on whats happening before mid-day, not a requisite to get the day itself going.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat breakfast during the week, it makes me hungrier throughout the day. I wake at about 3:30 and gym at 5:00, then I have some Greek yogurt with nuts and fresh fruit about 10:00-10:30. Total calories 220.
    Sunday, that's a whole different story, so about 500 calories.
  • denise9997
    Options
    My Breakfast is about a third of my calories. Granola with almond milk heated in the microwave with sliced almonds, a few raisins, pumpkin seeds and ground flax seed, about 400 calories. I start work at 8am but don't have lunch until 1ish so I need the calories to get me through the day. I sometimes have a 100-150calorie snack a light dinner and then another snack. I've lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks so I am doing good. Once I start exercising I can up my calories a bit.
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes! :) Usually 300-400 calories. I usually wake up huuungry.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    250-300, but I also have a fruit between breakfast and lunch.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast on weekdays. I prefer my breakfast calories for a bigger better dinner.

However, I do enjoy a bacon breakfast on the weekend.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I eat about 140 calories which is about 10% of my recommended calorie intake (not adjusting for exercise). I have eaten breakfast since getting back to MFP, and I think it has really helped me not OVEREAT at lunchtime!! There are too many good restaurants that I don't need to be going to at lunchtime. I'd like to save my calories for dinner and snacks later. Everyone is different, but I am a bad hangry person. Don't go to work hangry. :laugh:
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You should always eat breakfast! Otherwise it slows down your metabolic rate and it becomes harder to lose weight. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, you should ALWAYS eat breakfast.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 500 calories for breakfast, which is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of my daily calorie goal. I prefer a big breakfast, small lunch, and big dinner.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You should always eat breakfast! Otherwise it slows down your metabolic rate and it becomes harder to lose weight. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, you should ALWAYS eat breakfast.

Breakfast isn't necessary. Do whatever helps you stick to your calorie goal and gives you energy for your workouts. Short of that, don't sweat it.