One Year of Photo-Logging (PICS INSIDE OBVS!!)

Options
Ok, a little backstory that I'll try to make as short as possible. In 2011, I saw pictures of myself from my sister's baby shower and realized just how much weight I'd gained. I probably got up to about 285 pounds, but my highest known weight was just a few ounces shy of 265 pounds. So I got my wake up call and decided to do something about it so I started tracking my food and exercise here, on MFP in summer 2012 - except I apparently wasn't as mentally ready to do so as I thought, not to mention that my physical health was not terribly great. All said, I did lose about 32-ish pounds in about 5 months.

In November 2012, I was fired from my job and it destroyed my motivation, so I stopped eating well, I stopped tracking my food entirely, and I stopped going to the gym. I was able to secure a new job by mid-December, but it took me until July 2013 to become well-adjusted in this new job. I realized I had gained weight again and I was prepared for the worst, but I discovered that I only gained back about half of the weight I had lost, which is completely different from the yo-yoing I've done with my weight in the past. I decided to give this weight loss thing another shot.

I restarted everything on July 12, 2013 - started tracking my food again, watching what I ate, and going to the gym. I even got back in touch with my old personal trainer and set up sessions with him. In about a month's time, I lost a little less than 13 pounds, which put me at just about the same weight in which I had stopped taking care of myself the first time. I kept going, I started taking weighing myself everyday to get a feel for the patterns my body would go through based on eating certain foods, I started taking weekly body measurements, but what has become my favorite things is photo-logging.

In August 2013, I started taking photos of myself every month and comparing them to the previous months photos - this helped me to put into perspective the changes I wasn't necessarily seeing on the scale, or even with the measuring tape. It's a little late, as it's almost time for me to take September's photos, but it's been a year since I started this project.

Okay, time for pictures!
picisto-20140810212131-525990_sm_zps087343b7.jpg

picisto-20140810212742-154190_sm_zps84b7939c.jpg

Some stats:
My highest known weight is 265.7 pounds
SW (in July 2013): 250.4 pounds
CW: 161.2 pounds
GW: 140 pounds, (for now)
Loss since re-starting: 89.2 pounds
Total loss so far: 103.5 pounds
Pants size I started at: 22W
Pants size now: 8/10 and shrinking
Shirt size I started at: 2XL
Shirt size now: M, though I'm probably going to fit into S soon.

For photos of me at my highest weight, feel free to look in my gallery, as I have a few of those in there. For those wondering how I did it/am doing it, no special diets, no gimmicks, no diet pills, just a simple calorie deficit and increased activity. Right now I'm eating anywhere between 1680-1730 cals/day, I make sure to always go over my protein goal, which is set to be 25% of the calories I consume, because I weight lift in addition to doing cardio. In fact, my protein goal is more important to me than my calorie goal is. I use a HRM with chest strap to measure my calories burned during exercise and I measure almost all of my food. It really can be that simple, but I'm also pretty realistic that what is working for me might not necessarily work at all for someone else.

Thanks for looking/reading!!

*Edited to move my stats to under the photos and to add clothing sizes to the stats*

Replies

• mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Excuse my language but....holy *kitten*!
    That is some incredible weight loss.
    You look amazing!

applause-o.gif[/url]
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Excuse my language but....holy *kitten*!
    That is some incredible weight loss.
    You look amazing!

applause-o.gif[/url]

Thank you for your words and that gif, it made my day!
    Sometimes I go back and look at the old photos and can't even believe that I looked like I did because, for some reason, I always pictures myself as smaller than I was.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Than you for sharing. Congratulations on your awesome transformation.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...just wow. Seriously...WOW.

WELL DONE! \o/ \o/ \o/

You've definitely given me hope and inspiration. :' )
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW, GREAT JOB !!!!!!!
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have to add...look at your arms!! I SO want your arms! lol Would you mind sharing specifically what you're doing with your arms to get that kind of definition?

...AWESOME
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Brilliant
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • teambell1
    teambell1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Keep it up! Thanks for sharing your pictures.
  • SuperHero_Girl
    Options
    I have to add...look at your arms!! I SO want your arms! lol Would you mind sharing specifically what you're doing with your arms to get that kind of definition?

...AWESOME

My personal trainer and I did a LOT of focus on my shoulders for a couple months which consisted of excruciating exercises that I hated, but did anyways. Things that involved weight like shoulder flies and rows and whatnot - not too terribly certain of all the names of the exercises we did, but I can find out when I see him on Thursday if you like.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperHero_Girl
    Options
    Fantastic job!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! Might I say the same of you? You've lost quite a bit as well!!
  • pcknits
    pcknits Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Very inspiring!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    Amazing - quite literally! Great job!
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! You look fab :]
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a HUGE change you have made in a year. But what sticks out the most to me...YOUR ARMS!! Wow, they look FANTASTIC!!

Great job!
  • nest9
    nest9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great work! Congrats on sticking with it and for sharing your success with us!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    Options
    Wow, what a HUGE change you have made in a year. But what sticks out the most to me...YOUR ARMS!! Wow, they look FANTASTIC!!

Great job!

I LOVE my arms now, they have to be one of my favorite changes!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've inspired me to start taking photos now. They can be so powerful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!