Age is nothing but a number

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm 36, soon to be 37, so I say 34-43 is generally my age range.
    Dang, that means I have no chance!!!!:sad:

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

yea, it had nothing to do with that person you refer to as wife...... lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "Age is nothing but a number and jail is just a room." Although 18 is the legal age in the U.S. I feel as though anyone 21 years or older can date another consenting adult. Sure someone who is 21 dating a 35 year old may seem gross, strange, and wrong to some people, but honestly who cares what other people think. Personally that age gap is too wide for me but that's me. I'm 24 and would prefer my partner to be anywhere between 24 and 30.
  • kimballard1966
    kimballard1966 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been married a few times. Two that were just a couple of years older but they were both unfaithful and one was just lazy and wanted a mother for a wife. I found my current husband of 14 yrs. at Parents Without Partners. He is 24 yrs older than me. I've never been treated better by anyone.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I prefer men my own age, give or take a few years. I once dated a guy six years older (I was 19, he was 25) but he was pretty dumb so he seemed younger.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    tough one! had a long term relationship with someone 5 years younger than I am and it made absolutely NO difference. my ex was 3 years older, the same. no difference. but way older.... guess he'd have to LOOK young & of course we'd have to be compatible. went out with a guy recently a year older than me but he looked 20 years older!!! NO WAY!!!! I think the way younger guys would serve a different purpose...:smokin: :devil: :love:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    "Age is just a Number" yea in some sense sure but when it comes to dating I do not exactly agree

I would never date someone 40 + because they are my parents peers & that is extremely unappealing to me (unless they are johnny depp , winona ryder or rob zombie & they are not)

I prefer to date someone maybe 8 years older to 4 years younger ....I find that I enjoy younger or same age people more ...I have a feeling I will end up with someone younger than me
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, soon to be 37, so I say 34-43 is generally my age range.
    Dang, that means I have no chance!!!!:sad:

IDEA Fitness member

yea, it had nothing to do with that person you refer to as wife...... lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, I guess that's a legit reason!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    "Age is just a Number" yea in some sense sure but when it comes to dating I do not exactly agree

I would never date someone 40 + because they are my parents peers & that is extremely unappealing to me (unless they are johnny depp , winona ryder or rob zombie & they are not)

I prefer to date someone maybe 8 years older to 4 years younger ....I find that I enjoy younger or same age people more ...I have a feeling I will end up with someone younger than me

Good to know I am not the only one.. Lol.. I am pretty sure I am destined to be with someone younger as well...
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number...

Had an 18 year old kid tell me that a few weeks ago... I laughed at him..

Damn.... What if I tell you that? and also that gender means nothing as well........ :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: LOLOLOL!!! :laugh: jk.... maybe.

You I could do.. You're only 11 years younger... And gender doesn't mean anything to me either :smooched:

This kid tho was my son's close friend... :noway:
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Men were always taught that a old dog can teach you new tricks.

Women are pretty good at teaching too. :wink:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. anyone under about 25 seems like a child these days, whereas I'm surprised to find myself feeling completely comfortable hanging out with people in the 50's, 60's and older.

Mind you, I'm talking about friends rather than dating material but even so, if I were looking I would have nothing in common with the youngsters.

I completely understand how you feel. I'm 36. Granted, I've got friends from 18 on up to 70's, but damn, I feel old with my friends who are in their early/mid 20's and younger.

As for dating and such, my husband is 6 years older than me. I always preferred to date men who were older than me. Now, God forbid anything were to ever happen and I should end up single (definitely NOT hoping this happens, just a hypothetical), it wouldn't be out of the question for me to date a man considerably older if the stars aligned correctly.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    Age is only a number... unless I don't want to date you. Then its a legitimate reason.
  • odwall
    odwall Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When it comes to dating age is only a number between the ages of 20-49, anything before or beyond is just creepy.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    When it comes to dating age is only a number between the ages of 20-49, anything before or beyond is just creepy.

LOLOL!!! Best response ever....
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    It's all about our attitude and how young or old we feel and look! I def don't feel like 50 which I'm turning on Monday and Hopefully don't look anywhere near that age! :tongue:
    It is only a number, (That is until some old Fogey starts hitting on your daughters) :wink:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about. dating? having fun? marriage?

For having fun the range can be well umm high like 50s LOL. It amazes me sometimes the women I find attractive and just cannot believe how much older they are than me. :ohwell: It don't matter to me. Once you go cougar you never go cub.
    Dating and marriage the age gets lower.
    Age is just a number but if you cannot legally drink in the US then you are too young for me.

"Once you go cougar, you never go cub.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've never heard that before. Still laughing.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

For having fun the range can be well umm high like 50s LOL. It amazes me sometimes the women I find attractive and just cannot believe how much older they are than me. :ohwell: It don't matter to me. Once you go cougar you never go cub.
    Age is just a number but if you cannot legally drink in the US then you are too young for me.

"Once you go cougar, you never go cub.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've never heard that before. Still laughing.

Yeah my older cousin told me that one when he notice when I was 21 talking to women in early 40s. He claims its just a phase I will get through. I laugh at it all the time.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options

:laugh:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    The 58 year old's youngest daughter was 30..... and she was having twins... with a 34 year old man... Just interesting to me....

I hope it wasn't the same 34 year old man as the mom. :bigsmile:
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It depends who it involves, obviously not just a number when it involves teenagers haha!

But honestly I don't really care personally, definitely have a little bit of a thing for older men.
    Although, I would never go for somebody younger.