Healthy Pumpkin Pie Custard (76 calories)

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Anything he puts on here is a slam dunk!!!! Another good one Wade.. Must try
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wish I had ramekins. :sad:
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I am making this tonight!:drinker:
  • savinoca
    Options
    I don't know much about baking... does anyone know if these would work with almond milk, or if you would need the regular milk for it to set correctly?
    Almond milk will work just fine, and would make this dairy-free for those who are lactose intolerant. Plus, it would likely add a nice touch of flavor. I just may try this myself!! :)

Thanks OP!
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh yum!
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe. :smile:
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious oh my!
    This looks really good :love:
    I don't understand when people post "low cal" things and its like 150/200 cals for a small, barely recognizable piece of whatever :ohwell:
    Yes it would be worth the extra 8 cals for a Tbsp of light cool whip on this good looking dessert :bigsmile:
    Pumpkin is good...in taste and color :tongue:
    ETA:
    BTW...I took the link youd posted in hopes of finding other great ideas...cant wait to see what else you have for us!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Can this be made using almond milk or will it change up the flavor
    You don't say what size eggs
    Are there any other suggestions for vanilla liquid stevia?
    If I made mine using a cupcake pan, would this puff up like cake...just trying to think how full Id need to fill each section.
    Maybe Ill just put it all in a small pan instead....
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is my new late night snack!
    Yumm

Thanks
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If I made mine using a cupcake pan, would this puff up like cake...just trying to think how full Id need to fill each section.
    Almond milk can certainly be substituted to make this a dairy-free dessert, and would likely add a nice touch of flavor. For eggs, I used medium but I'm certain that using large won't make much of a difference. To replace the stevia, I would suggest using 1/4 cup of honey, which will add calories, of course. In my opinion, using a granulated artificial sweetener would likely give this a gritty texture and aftertaste. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience making this in a muffin tin, but have heard of people using jars or even oven-safe coffee mugs instead of ramekins, if you happen to have either. Hope this is helpful!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    For those that asked, I made it last night subbing out unsweetened vanilla almond milk and they came out just fine.

I didn't have the liquid stevia, so I used a couple stevia in the raw packets. I didn't mind it, but it could have used more sweetener (family agreed). Will have to adjust accordingly next time I make it....but definitely a keeper. Thanks!
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For those that asked, I made it last night subbing out unsweetened vanilla almond milk and they came out just fine.

I didn't have the liquid stevia, so I used a couple stevia in the raw packets. I didn't mind it, but it could have used more sweetener (family agreed). Will have to adjust accordingly next time I make it....but definitely a keeper. Thanks!
    So glad that you and the family liked it - I always enjoy hearing back from people who've made the recipes I've posted. Plus, it's helpful to hear some of the variations that have been made. I've learned a lot and even found some suggested substitutions that I like better. I'm certainly going to give the almond milk a try next time.
  • tess77h
    tess77h Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! Gonna try this soon.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love, love pumpkin anthing but especially pie. This is a must try.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    Yummy! Thanksgiving anyone?
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You must not bake very often.
    Any kind of milk is ok. Eggs in baking are standard lare size, unless otherwise noted. Sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave all can work instead of stevia but calories increase. There are no rising agents in this dessert. Cupcake pans are not what cause cake to rise - baking soda/powder do. A metal pan may give the custard a funny flavour.