50ish lbs down? Not sure!

Options
13»

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I can inspire others to do better. Lord knows I really needed inspiration over the last year. Admitting to having a very unhealthy relationship with the scale was so extremely hard. I denied it for so long. My fiancé took it away at one time, but instead of continuing to eat healthy and exercise, I stopped everything and gained a few pounds. This time, I refused to go backwards. I hope that this has helped others, because I know that losing weight can be as big of a mental challenge as it is physical.

Congrats on all of your success as well!

ladiburr, I think that is a very realistic goal, and I do think that can be done, but it will take a lot of hard work and determination, as you already know. However, if you don't reach the goal- give yourself some credit for what you DO achieve. :)
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done, you! You look fantastic and the change in the tone of your arms is amazing!
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and such a wonderful story! You look amazing, but the best part is the way you now feel about yourself now having kicked the scale to the curb. It is so easy to get obsessed with that number, but this lifestyle change takes time. There is no overnight long term success.

The photos and your NSVs are positive reinforcements of the progress you made. There are so many things that can change and influence the number on the scale. Besides you know that you have lost weight and will continue to make progress.
  • Bellavita2888
    Bellavita2888 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Your hard work shows. Ii had the same problem with the scale. Weighing many times a day- even in the middle of the night. Also I would forget the number almost immediately. It was making me completely miserable and quite insane. One day,. I secretly donated it to to a charity shop. Then my family wanted to wiegh suitcases for a flight and couldn't find it:laugh: . I bought another one....now Im starting to again to weight alot. I will have to put it in the back of a closet so it's inconvenient to find. I will take your lead and look for NSV. Our stories are very similar. Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy your dates.
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing transformation! You look fabulous! :love: And congrats on conquering your scale issues!:drinker:
  • tkbuc
    tkbuc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just had this experience this morning... This week I ate 4500 calories below to meet at least a 1 pound difference from last week. When I got on the scale this morning, I was only down 1/2 pound.... I'm so pissed. Like you were I'm getting very frustrated that the scale is not justifying the blood sweat and tears i'm doing in the gym and the discipline I am eating with. I guess I have to try your approach and just not weigh in for a few weeks.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I have issues with the scale too to the point where my therapist told me not to weigh myself at all. I eat healthily and exercise and use my changing pant sizes to gauge how things are going. I'm down two sizes since the beginning of July.

Congratulations! You look fantastic!
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Congrats and I'm glad your partner is supportive and is concerned for your entire well-being. Hats off to him for getting you to eat healthier.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good for you :smile:

Keep up the great attitude!

OT - Your make-up is beautiful. Are you a make-up professional or just blessed?

:happy:
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You are going to be ONE beautiful bride !!!
  • Koofers
    Koofers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Uhhh can you say stunning?! So beautiful and amazing job on your weight loss!!!
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! your support really does mean a lot to me! :) I am so happy to inspire others the way that i've been inspired! I have been reading Chris Powell's "choose to lose" and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling mentally!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You have the loveliest smile I have seen here in awhile. Congrats.
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your story to help others.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and should be so proud of yourself with the progress you have made and how far you have come! Your arms look fabulous as does the rest of you!
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are seriously beautiful, before AND after. So happy for you to have such a supportive and understanding fiancé - hang on to him! Good luck for your future together.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!