The Sticky-NY-Resolutions Club

124»

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    *** Week 4 *** *** Week 4 *** *** Week 4 *** *** Week 4 *** *** Week 4 *** *** Week 4 ***

*SIMPLY STUNNING SHAKIRA LEGS*

1. The static squat

Get toned, firm thighs with this move, which is so simple you can do your reps while watching the TV. When squatting be careful you don't drop your hips below the level of your knees. Repeat 50 times for buns and thighs of steel.

2. The Lunge

This old favourite is great for toning the thighs and bum. Alternate legs and repeat 25 times on each leg for long, lean muscles.

3. Get a Bootylicious BUM - another video. This exercise is SOO GOOD!

http://www.handbag.com/video/diet-health/get-a-booty-licious-bum-98733?click=main_sr

4. Evil Cellulite Buster - this is really good too!

http://www.handbag.com/video/diet-health/stop-cellulite-top-tips-for-thighs-98730?click=main_sr

5. The Plank

It's just soo good! We gotta do it again!

Ok guys, I know there are 5 exercises there. Try and do them all at least 4 times. If you don't have time choose two of the bum/leg exercises at a time and pair with the plank and alternate them throughout the week.

These exercises are honestly the best way to tone up your legs and get beautiful pins. A lot of us complain about flabby thighs and a dimple affected bottom and people say squats squats squats lunges lunges lunges and if we all did them in the evening before bed every day we'd all see a big difference but it seems the things that really work we never have time to do!!! Let's change that!

Boys....just for fun I think you should do the same exercises! Every man wants a pert Jude Law-esque bottom!

Look forward to hearing from you guys this week! GOOD LUCK MUCHLY!

Mimi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Sounds good Mimi,
    I'd love toned legs.

Mel, I hope your car gets fixed soon, It must be horrible not having it :(
    I'm sorry I've been quiet, those who have me as a friend will see I've been in Leeds Hospital with a kidney infection for a few days but I'm back on the diet bandwagon.
    The one good thing this has done to me, is I have completely lost my appetite.
    last night it took me 2 sittings to eat my small pizza express pizza and I'm still full from it now at 11 today.
    Hopefully this will keep up as I can feel the weight falling off!

My best friend is visiting me from home Thursday-Monday so hopefully she won't waylay me too much and I'm hoping to see a nice low weight in my next weight in!
    xxx
  • LEE............ooh My God a holiday in May! Where to!? You can totally get speedo ready for then, I know you can! Your new job will help also if you can cardio your way to it! :happy: We should start a weekend pact because I fall off every weekend :noway:

Week 4 coming soon!

:heart: Mimi x

Sounds good to me hun!:happy: :flowerforyou:

Looking at going to Fuertaventura for 10 days, first holiday for about 4 years so hopefully will be getting it booked in the next couple of days! :glasses:
  • xXmimiXx
    LEE............ooh My God a holiday in May! Where to!? You can totally get speedo ready for then, I know you can! Your new job will help also if you can cardio your way to it! :happy: We should start a weekend pact because I fall off every weekend :noway:

Week 4 coming soon!

:heart: Mimi x

Sounds good to me hun!:happy: :flowerforyou:

Looking at going to Fuertaventura for 10 days, first holiday for about 4 years so hopefully will be getting it booked in the next couple of days! :glasses:

Woo hoo Fuerteventura....you'll be learning some Español then Lee! "Dos cervezas por favor" :drinker:

Well I'm going to stick my head on the line and put my arm in the middle to make a weekend pact...any other people want to join!? :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Mimi x:heart:
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    I missed looking up the challenge yesterday, but I will definitely start today!

Mimi, OH MAN, the last bit is soooo hard to get off. I am officially at 132-133 and my goal it to get back to 120! So, I basically need to lose the same amount as you! I love my weekend dinner out with my husband, but I think I am going to have to limit those to maybe 2x a month instead of once a week! Ahhh.

What do you guys all find was the best change you made to help get the scale moving again?

I am starting my Turbofire program (For the 3rd time in 3 weeks!) this weekend. The first week I was sick the 2nd week I was still sick and recovering and this last week, I had some chest pains from working out too hard and my dr has my off exercise for a week! I am DETERMINED to get thru week 1 of the class schedule coming up on Sunday!
  • xXmimiXx
    I missed looking up the challenge yesterday, but I will definitely start today!

Mimi, OH MAN, the last bit is soooo hard to get off. I am officially at 132-133 and my goal it to get back to 120! So, I basically need to lose the same amount as you! I love my weekend dinner out with my husband, but I think I am going to have to limit those to maybe 2x a month instead of once a week! Ahhh.

What do you guys all find was the best change you made to help get the scale moving again?

I am starting my Turbofire program (For the 3rd time in 3 weeks!) this weekend. The first week I was sick the 2nd week I was still sick and recovering and this last week, I had some chest pains from working out too hard and my dr has my off exercise for a week! I am DETERMINED to get thru week 1 of the class schedule coming up on Sunday!

Heya hun!

Jillian Michaels whom I adore and trust completely says that an plateau, if you stick at it and don't give up WILL eventually budge and the loss will the be BIG! It shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks but to try and make it quicker and get the ball rolling again, totally change how you workout. Perhaps try a really different class if you are at a gym or try exercising at different times of the day if possible. Also, if you have a few core meals you eat all the time, shake em up! It's this total shock of changing your body gets back into gear again!

Good luck :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Hello Everyone xxxx

Thank you for all your lovely messages :flowerforyou:
    Things have been quite stressful this week but today I should be reunited with my car!! I think it is fixed now, although I'm most likely going to car swap with my friend for a while as the mechanic has warned it's only a matter of time before the remaining 2 injectors go, I need to save up about £1000 before that happens. My friend does less miles than me and lives 10 minutes from the mechanic so it makes sense that we swap - he also hates driving his smart car and loves my car!! I don't mind using the smart car and it should mean that my car lasts long enough to get the repair fully finished before it breaks down again.

I have done loads of walking this week, I haven't lost any weight but I have not gained either so I'm not too unhappy.
    I have needed to eat extra as it's sooo cold outside that walking for hours each day makes me super hungry!!
    Hopefully next week I will be able to start dropping a bit again.

I haven't managed to do much exercise at all this week, Sorry Mimi!!
    Things have been so mad, I've had to tow the car, get it recovered to the other side of London and mess around with trains etc just to get it so it can be worked on. Next week I promise I will get back on track with exercise.

Mimi & Sonia :heart:
    You can both do this. The last bit is soo tough and I know your aiming for super lean gorgeous bodies, so this is tougher still but I know you can do it xx

Lee :smile:
    What a great incentive, You can do this!!! I lost all the weight I wanted to for my holiday, it really does help to have a goal like that. I got to wear my bikini and I was happy in it!! :noway:

Hannah :flowerforyou:
    I hope your feeling better now, here's to shrinking stomachs, my eating less has helped with that too!! :drinker:

Weekend pact: I'm in!!!
    I have to stop having Baileys at work!!! This is my latest down fall!!! I do really well then have a few drinks and ruin it!! So tonight I'll have JD & diet coke - 2 at most - that's only 110 cals for 2 so surely I'll burn that off with a bit of dancing!! :bigsmile:
    This weekend I am determined to eat more fruit, and small simple light meals. Last weekend I didn't eat much as I was so stressed out. I felt much better for eating less, I had more energy and felt great.
    I'm going to try to do the same this weekend and what I do eat must be healthy. Not going to be that easy though as I'm staying with friends so will have to eat something out but will try to make good choices.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, keep up the good work. I know we can make 2011 the best year ever. We can do it :wink:
    Love to you all :love:
    Mel :tongue:
  • sonia2003
    Mimi - thanks for the advice! I am definitely going to shake up what I eat! I have changed my workout from usualy gym cardio to Turbofire, but I didnt think of changing up my meals!

I was actually going to try and do the master cleanse for about 10 days! Ahhh. I have done it once before 2 years ago, and the first few days were tough, and I only lasted 5 days, but this time, I was really sick at the start of Jan, and I just feel like a good cleanse will do my good, if anything, it will teach me some control over my cravings. Has any one done the master cleanse recently or ever? Does any one have any good tips??

Thanks for you support as always Mel :heart:

I agree! Weekends are horrible for me too, so I need to definitely clean up my weekend eating!

Today my weight is 133.0 Its been steady at this this whole week. MUST GET TO 120!!
  • xXmimiXx
    Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5 Week 5

:drinker: :drinker: Hey Everyone! :drinker: :drinker:

Welcome to another week, not many posts last week...come on peeps we can do this! Did you all do last week!?

This week we're going to cleanse and tone for beauty inside and out!

1. Drink a cleansing drink first thing in the morning to flush your system out. This can be one of the following:-

- Hot water (boiled so it's pure then left to cool of course :flowerforyou: )
    - Hot water with a slice of lemon
    - Cider vinegar 2 tsp with 1 tsp of honey or natural sweetener - like agave nectar
    - Mix warm water, 2 tbsp juice from a lemon, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and 1 tbsp maple syrup

2. Stretching - I was reading an article yesterday about a woman who has devised a 30 min - in your lunch hour - no sweating workout which helps you lose weight fast and you don't even need to get out of your work clothes! Stretching is the way forward, it's so important any personal trainer will tell you, if you stretch properly your results will be a lot better and appear a lot faster!

We shoud all try and incorporate stretching into our regimes after exercise or weight lifting.

Lower body stretches

:heart: Hip/Glute Stretch
    Cross left foot over right knee. Clasp hands behind right thigh and gently pull the leg in towards you, keeping upper body relaxed. Switch Legs

:heart: Hamstring Stretch
    Lie on floor with knees bent. Straighten one leg and slowly pull it towards you, clasping the thigh, calf or ankle. Keep knee slightly bent. Switch legs.

:heart: Inner Thigh Stretch
    Sit on floor with feet pressed together. Keeping abs in, lean forward until you feel a gentle stretch in your inner thighs. i

:heart: Lunge Stretch
    In lunge position, rest back knee on the floor, with front knee at 90 degree angle, abs in. Gently press forward until you feel a stretch in the front of the leg/hip. Switch legs.

3. THE PLANK AND BICYCLE CRUNCHES - they're simply the best! :smooched:

Ok peoples, this is what helps us go from Shakira's size to her all over toned completely perfectness! Good luck everyone!

:heart: Mimi xxx
  • sonia2003
    Hi Mimi!

Thanks for the update! I cant BELIEVE its been 5 weeks already! My weight today was: 130.2! I am soooo close to 129, I CAN FEEL IT! I know TOM is coming soon so I dont know if I will see that lovely 129 this week but I will keep at it.

I just did about 5 days then another 2 days of the master cleanse, so I think I am all cleansed out! I might still drink the lemondae for breakfast though.

I dont stretch at all, which is horrible! I only do the 10 minute stretch that comes in my turbofire dvds/ BUT I will definitely make it more of a habit and make more of an effort to stretch! Thanks for reminding up how important it is!

AND yep, plank and crunches it is! I also need to tone my arms a bit so I will do planks, bicycle crunches, and some pushups or some tricep workout!

Thanks for keeping us on track!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Hello Everyone :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone is doing really well, I love stretching!! :heart: I've been tring to find time to do some additional yoga as it does make me feel really good, thanks Mimi xxxx
    I shall try to do these this week, should be a nice unwind after my turbo jam session each day :drinker:

I have set myself a goal, 30 days non stop turbo jam, any workout as long as I do at least one a day, I've mostly been doing the 20 minute one as it's really fun and I find I can always fit 20 minutes in most days!!
    I've also done some shreds and lots of walking, since being car-less a few weeks ago I discovered how lovely it is to walk to and from school with Jack, we get time to talk about his day and I enjoy it, plus it's 4 miles of walking for me each day and good exercise for him too, so I have been doing when I can.
    I'm still decorating my bathroom, tiling is nearly done, and have various other DIY projects on the go.

I did my detox last week and lost over 4lbs which has made me feel so much better, the weekend is over and I have had a few treats but not gone mad and I'm still my finishing weight, actually a little lower but not changed ticker as I expect it'll not stay there!!
    Tomorrow I'm doing another detox day, just a day and a half as I have a doctors appointment on wednesday and I should have an empty stomach for this so I am going to drink the master cleanse lemonade for a day before to make sure I'm prepared, this is also as I want to test the master cleanse lemonade out for a day and it's the perfect time to try it.
    I have had a lot of stomach problems for the last 15 years on and off, they are now checking for gall stones - wednesday's appointment, if it's not gall stones and they can't find anything wrong - again- then I will be trying the master cleanse diet out soon in hope that it will help some of the problems. I guess I will lose some weight on it but it's really not about that for me this time. Wish me luck!!!

I hope everyone starts posting here again, seems like a while since some have written, I hope everyone is doing good xxxx

Speak soon Mel xxxx :flowerforyou:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Hello
This discussion has been closed.