Fashion faux pas, let's have 'em!

Options
AmberElaine84
AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
What are they, in YOUR opinion? This thought just sprung into my head as I pondered whether or not to buy a pair of panty hose to wear with my Christmas dress. I came across a magazine article that said that panty hose are SO out and that they are not coming back in!! While I enjoy to be in the latest style for the most part (I may be behind by a few years since having kids! :laugh: ), the thought of IL's icy cold winter air on my bare legs makes me shudder!! Brrr!!

So, name some! Throw them out there! Which ones make you laugh? Which ones are ridiculous? Which ones do you still do?!? :wink:

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wear stockings... who cares lol My feet hurt less when I wear them with heels and yes, they keep me warm... but if I am going out... I don't wear them, but christmas parties and work, heck yes!!

I personally hate denim on denim or the "canadian tuxedo"
    socks with sandals

but really, do what you want people... rock those sandals with socks, just be happy!!! :-D
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I saw someone wearing leg warmers the other day....:noway:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're asking, but in my opinion I would say pantyhose are out. Though I do intend on wearing some thicker opaque black tights to Christmas eve service, so hopefully that look is still in!

I'm not sure if this is IN or OUT or neither, but I can't stand when people wear all one color, i.e. purple pants and the same color purple shirt, etc. The same color in varying shades is cool, but all one color irks me.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I think pantyhouse are out in terms of going out to parties/out to a bar, but for an interview, they're definitely in. I say rock the tights!

I agree with denim/denim and sandals with socks.

Brown and black? UGH. Not talking tan and black, but (chocolate) brown and black...sorry, but no!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I don't understand the boys/guys in skinny jeans. :indifferent: It is just not attractive to me at all. But hey, to each his own......
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I wear stockings... who cares lol My feet hurt less when I wear them with heels and yes, they keep me warm... but if I am going out... I don't wear them, but christmas parties and work, heck yes!!

I personally hate denim on denim or the "canadian tuxedo"
    socks with sandals

but really, do what you want people... rock those sandals with socks, just be happy!!! :-D

I was gonna say the denim on denim....my dad does that, jeans and a jean shirt, or jeans and his staple light coat, a jean jacket, ugh!

Haha, I love socks and sandals. I admit they don't look great, and I wouldn't wear them on a night out, but just to run to the store they're so comfortable.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    too much makeup, too big of hair or silly tight curls are some that make me shudder. and in my opinion, those ugly little slip on slipper/ballet lookin shoes that have become soooo popular....those should be outlawed lol especially the floral patterned ones LOL
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    A co-worker the other day had on red cowboy boots and fishnet stockings. It was not a good luck especially for the office.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    would jeggings be a fashon faux pas for me?
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot...

CROCS:sick:
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot...

omg i totally agree!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I hate sweatpants. Like the ones with elastic at the waist and at each leg....hate them! They're not flattering on anybody! Going out in track pants is fine (as long as it's not the whole suit) or yoga pants or something, but sweatpants = bad 80's flashback.

My husband wears sweatpants if we're running to the store, or even over to his parents if we're going to visit, I always just laugh and shake my head.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I own lotsss of leg warmers and I KNOW people think I am ridiculous... but I love love love them lol and oh yeah... I wear them with skirts and flip flops... god i hate myself right now haha. fishnets and cowboy boots... hmn I wonder what they would say in my office LOL
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Aww I love sweatpants! Just for bumming around and running errands, and I usually tuck them into my Uggs (probably an even bigger faux pas) but oh well, I just love them. And I love my flats, and my tights, too =p

Denim on denim and crocs are probably the 2 things I absolutely hate. ESPECIALLY when people wear the ridiculous bright coloured ones and try to match them with their outfits. Ughhhhh.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I saw someone wearing leg warmers the other day....:noway:

I think they might be back in style. My daughter who is 16 bought some. I had to bite my tongue.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you want a fashion faux pas you can basically see what I am wearing anyday of the week and know it is one.

I did see you talking about tights... I see girls walking the streets of Manhattan all the time lately, some of them seem to think they do not belong under anything or their tops are not as long as they were expecting... not that i am complaining but I have seen stuff on Broadway I used to have to pay a cover charge for.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I wear panty hose all the time. But I do think opaque tights are more in. I just hate it when people wear either with open toed shoes.
    I also can't stand it when people where Pajama' sout of the house (except the emergeny period run for tampos or ice cream.)
    On Black Friday I saw so many peopl In PJ"s...spome even wore huge fuzzy slippers....YUCK!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I almost forgot...

Awww...I like crocs with jeans just to run errands. Now, I wouldn't rock them at a party or on a night out.......
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i still think uggs are the most large scale practical joke of all time.

i can just see an Australian's reaction to someone wearing them: (pointing and laughing) those stupid americans! we could tell them overalls are a fashion statement and they'd probably believe us!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm not making fashion errors. Most of the world hasn't reached my level of sophistication.