Fashion faux pas, let's have 'em!

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Uggs. They call them Uggs because they are UGGly.

That said, I really have no style and I thing most trends are completely retarded. Boots on the outside of jeans?? Giant grandma sunglasses from the 80's?? Two toned skunk hair??

Sorry folks. I live in jeans (not skinny jeans) and tshirts and converse. I don't straighten my hair with an iron or load it full of products that make it stiff and sticky. I am basically very plain and have no style but think I look pretty cute most of the time.

Sorry for the rant. I am particularly moody today.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, pantyhose, and skirt or skirt/suit....

I see women on the subway rocking this look to work and it's terrible. Wear something else with your skirt and hose (if you must wear them at all). Someone mentioned hating flats, but to me they are so much cuter and feminine looking than big old clunky sneakers. YUCK
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ALSO! I hate hate hateee bigger people trying to fit into skin tight skinny jeans. Just because they are in style, doesn't mean they are the right look for everyone!

People are going to wear what they want, but I really think skinny jeans should be left to people who wear a size 10 and smaller.

JMO :flowerforyou:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    would jeggings be a fashon faux pas for me?

LOLOL!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    People wearing their pjs out and about. Like, really? You couldn't be bothered to put some clothes on that you DIDN'T sleep in? I guess people who are sick are entitled if they need to go out and get something and have noone to help them though.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Ahhh, the skunk hair!! I don't know why people do that?!?

And I prefer tights over pantyhose as well, but I still own pantyhose...
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    Awesome guys! Love this!! I'm SO not a fan of skinny jeans, but I don't want to dis them because so many people wear them! And I HATE when guys wear them! YUCK!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    mine would have to be wearing pajama bottoms out in public, what is with that and do they change or just wear the same pajamas bottoms to bed then wear them all day then to bed and wear them all day again which means do they change their underwear. LOL also for guys to wear the big baggy pants that are so far down that their belt is under their butt, and for girls to bend over and you see their thong hanging out the top of their jeans eeeewwweee
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    I never thought about wearing tights. For some reason, I associate tights with being for kids, because my daughters wear them. I will have to look into them!!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Uggs! I am so sick of seeing girls wearing short shorts or skirts and Uggs!! It'll be 30 degrees outside and I'll see girls out and about wearing running shorts, Ugg boots, and their heavy coats!?!?!? Now really? You think those boots keep ya warm, what about the other 3/4 of your legs that are hanging out! I also agree with PJ's in public! Maybe that's b/c most of the people wearing them look like the have just rolled out of bed. I mean come on take a little pride in your appearance!!!

I will say I do live in Oklahoma and fashion trends are about a year behind the rest of the nation for the most part!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm not making fashion errors. Most of the world hasn't reached my level of sophistication.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I try to look OK when I go out, but I am sure one day I will make it onto peopleofwalmart.com.

I hate pantyhose and refuse to wear them. I wear what's comfortable, and that never makes the list. :bigsmile:

I think one thing that bugged me this past year was when I went to Busch Gardens...and I saw girls of all ages from 10 to about 50 wearing tall boots halfway to their knees with a little butt cheek showing' pair of shorty shorts. I'm sorry, but that screams hooker to me...and they were walking around Busch Gardens in the 80 degree weather like that. :noway: I wore my Nike Shox all day at the park and still went home with sore toes from all the walking. Sitting on a roller coaster was relief that evening. So all those girls wearing their boots probably got blisters from hell, lol.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, pantyhose, and skirt or skirt/suit....

I see women on the subway rocking this look to work and it's terrible. Wear something else with your skirt and hose (if you must wear them at all). Someone mentioned hating flats, but to me they are so much cuter and feminine looking than big old clunky sneakers. YUCK

I always assumed these women were changing into heels when they get to the office - do you think they go around like that all day?!

My pet faux paus is the back bulge from the bra. Buy a bigger bra, or wear a baggier shirt!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys! Love this!! I'm SO not a fan of skinny jeans, but I don't want to dis them because so many people wear them! And I HATE when guys wear them! YUCK!

The guys that wear them totally need to EAT!!! They are already bone thin and skinny jeans makes them look worse. How their girlfriends think it's attractive is beyond me.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Forgive me I'm from the tropics but I assume that stockings/skirts/winter go hand in hand
    How else can you wear skirts in the dang cold brrrr

Me personally I dont wear stockings since there is no need .....where i live is too darn hotttt
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wears his Army combat boots with shorts. All the freaking time. It makes me insane, if you want to cover that much of your leg then wear pants. In the same tone, socks and sandals (he is also an offender here). If you want to wear sandals and let your feet breathe a little WHY are you covering them up with socks???
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    My husband doesn't have Army boots, but he has these BIG BROWN steel toed work boots that he wears ALL summer long with crew socks!!!! It drives me NUTS!!! He wears them with his dress pants, with his jeans, with his work clothes. Seriously, man!!:grumble:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    [My pet faux paus is the back bulge from the bra. Buy a bigger bra, or wear a baggier shirt!
    [/quote]

I hate bra budge...and when people wear their bra so tight it creates a uni-boob. I'm not going to anounce my size ...but if I can find a bra that fits right most other people should be able to also.

I'm so glad to hear that others hate PJ's in public too.

I can't stand ugg's and boys with jean belts below the waste either.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

That said, I really have no style and I thing most trends are completely retarded. Boots on the outside of jeans?? Giant grandma sunglasses from the 80's?? Two toned skunk hair??

Sorry folks. I live in jeans (not skinny jeans) and tshirts and converse. I don't straighten my hair with an iron or load it full of products that make it stiff and sticky. I am basically very plain and have no style but think I look pretty cute most of the time.

Wow you would hate what I have on today. Straighten hair and knee high boots over skinny jeans and I have the huge sunglasses.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    People who wear sunglasses inside! :glasses: It's also rude! And CROCKS....where do I start? Worst shoe ever! :noway:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Wow you would hate what I have on today. Straighten hair and knee high boots over skinny jeans and I have the huge sunglasses.

That came out wrong. I have nothing against straightened hair at all. I am just entirely too lazy to do that and it ruins my hair. I'm sure you look fabulous, I'm just a hippie and I like my loose comfy jeans. Hope I didn't offend you.