Fashion faux pas, let's have 'em!

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Uggs. They call them Uggs because they are UGGly.

That said, I really have no style and I thing most trends are completely retarded. Boots on the outside of jeans?? Giant grandma sunglasses from the 80's?? Two toned skunk hair??

Sorry folks. I live in jeans (not skinny jeans) and tshirts and converse. I don't straighten my hair with an iron or load it full of products that make it stiff and sticky. I am basically very plain and have no style but think I look pretty cute most of the time.

Sorry for the rant. I am particularly moody today.

Wow you would hate what I have on today. Straighten hair and knee high boots over skinny jeans and I have the huge sunglasses.

That came out wrong. I have nothing against straightened hair at all. I am just entirely too lazy to do that and it ruins my hair. I'm sure you look fabulous, I'm just a hippie and I like my loose comfy jeans. Hope I didn't offend you.

Oh I am not offended. I have to straighten my hair every day if I work out the day before since I take a shower at night and my extra curly hair does not come out well after sleeping on it.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    People who wear sunglasses inside! :glasses: It's also rude! And CROCKS....where do I start? Worst shoe ever! :noway:

I second those Crocs!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    silly tight curls

Oh now be nice! :wink: Some of us can't help that we have "silly" tight curls!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    silly tight curls

hahah nope so we straighten them!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Ok, girls!!! Silly tight curls or silky straight hair...YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL! Ok, now back to slamming fashion don'ts!! :wink:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Dr. Scholl's (or any other orthopedic foot pad) that I can SEE because the offender is wearing a shoe that exposes the foot (i.e.: strappy sandal).

I actually took pictures during a work fire drill of a woman who was wearing brown leather strappy sandals with an open heel and (for the WORLD to see) a BRIGHT BLUE ortopedic foot pad.

Hot.

Charmagne
  • toots99
    Options
    silly tight curls

I don't! It would take me forever to straighten it every day! Plus, I rock curls! :drinker:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    silly tight curls

I don't! It would take me forever to straighten it every day! Plus, I rock curls! :drinker:

Its the same old story. Girls like me with stick straight hair want gorgeous curls and curly gals want the straight hair. None of us will ever be satisfied. :tongue:
  • toots99
    Options
    silly tight curls

Its the same old story. Girls like me with stick straight hair want gorgeous curls and curly gals want the straight hair. None of us will ever be satisfied. :tongue:

I used to want straight hair when I was younger, but now I love my curls. Plus, it takes a total of maybe 10 minutes to do my hair. It does what it wants so there's no use fighting it!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, pantyhose, and skirt or skirt/suit....

I see women on the subway rocking this look to work and it's terrible. Wear something else with your skirt and hose (if you must wear them at all). Someone mentioned hating flats, but to me they are so much cuter and feminine looking than big old clunky sneakers. YUCK

I think they are wearing them for comfort for the comute.

Panty hose are back but just not with anything. the have been mostly worn by the "downtown cool-girl types" according to the latest issue of glamor. But honestly they have a pic of Mennie Driver in a white tee, blazer, black shorts, panty hose, and some pretty hot shoes... Really has to be on the right person. Mennie Diver is not it!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I saw someone wearing leg warmers the other day....:noway:

I wear them all the time. It's a goth thing...at least for me.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Awesome guys! Love this!! I'm SO not a fan of skinny jeans, but I don't want to dis them because so many people wear them! And I HATE when guys wear them! YUCK!

Lol...the skinny jeans on guys is very much an Emo movement thing. Us and our crazy counter-cultures.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I think the only faux pas that gets to me is seeing women wearing leggings as pants. Come on....they are meant to be worn under skirts and dresses.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would have never worn flip-flops out in public when I lived in IL, they were kinda considered 'trailer' where I'm from. But here in Vegas.. I can't live without my CROC's flip-flops!! :)

You should totally rock the tights! depending on the rest of the outfit, you could even pull off the very now footless tights! :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Maybe it is an age thing but, leg warmers are goth?? When I wore them (aaaaallllll the way back in the 80's) they were like totally rad and trendy.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Maybe it is an age thing but, leg warmers are goth?? When I wore them (aaaaallllll the way back in the 80's) they were like totally rad and trendy.

Not only are the goth....the 80's are back, for which I hate. I never liked the neon colors and those are back. Check out Hot Topic next time you're at the mall and you'll see what I mean. And as for the leggwarmers fo me...I wear them spatz style around my heels and boots(I'm 25...not some little 15 year old either, lol).
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, pantyhose, and skirt or skirt/suit....

I see women on the subway rocking this look to work and it's terrible. Wear something else with your skirt and hose (if you must wear them at all). Someone mentioned hating flats, but to me they are so much cuter and feminine looking than big old clunky sneakers. YUCK

I used to agree with you, but the first time I had to walk over a mile to work from my parking spot in dress shoes, I was in running shoes pretty quick the next day, I didn't care how stupid I looked. Though in my defense, did not/would not wear them with a skirt, only dress pants, if that's any better. PURELY for comfort, lol.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Whoever told you ladies that those baggy thin dress coulotte things looked good with boots was laughing at you! Boots with City shorts is the same thing.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest fashion faux pas is not knowing how to dress for your body type. Sometimes things look good on people but not so much on others. If I wore skinny pants I would look like an ice cream cone because I got junk in the trunk. Really it's all a personal choice. That's being said, I hate boys in skinny pants or with the emo comb over bangs. I don't understand that fact that young girls layer 4 different shirts. Plaid just reminds me of 90's grunge and it's EVERYWHERE now. And I can't bring myself to shop at any store where the teenager that works there calls me Ma'am. LOL I think I'm just getting old.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    This is a funny post...especially all of the back-pedaling when someone takes offense to what you personally find unfashionable.

I live in Utah, and there are some awesome faux-pas to choose from. Just this morning, I saw a girl in cuffed short jean shorts, uggs, soccer socks, and a parka. Another favorite are the oompa loompas that walk around trying to keep up their fake tans in 20 degree F weather. I also like the Utah Hair which basically looks like you put a bump-it in your hair, but it is accomplished with hairspray and a comb. Good mercy!

I agree with everyone that mentioned pajama pants and crocs. Who cares how comfortable they are, you look 5!