beach body beef.

Options

Replies

• maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. I am here a lot. I read many of the posts. I don't see people obscenely pushing BB products. I recommend ON 100% Whey, caffeine and ephedra, because they work for me. I don't work for those companies. check out how many 30 day burn thread there are. People recommend them because they work. Nothing wrong with that. Someone saying for more info msg me...to me that's spam.
    I don't quite get the crusade.

thats kinda the stuff i mean message me im a coach, or the no BB WILL WORK attitude. (and i never see people posting 30 day shred stuff or kinda pushing it onto other people.. i see it on topics but not to much further than there)

if its just stuff that works cool i love to hear peoples opinions i think some people have some amazing things they can share. i even follow links that people post if its awesome info.

no crusade here intended.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    so many BB coaches... seriously... all ya'll do is push the BB product like its an all or nothing thing... i wish there was a way to distinguish coaches and normal people.

Had to laugh at this one, I never knew I wasn't normal. I know you probably didn't mean it that way so don't get fired up, it just struck me as funny. To your main point however, if I tell you I recommend Power 90 because it helped me lose over 40 lbs is my recommendation really worth less to you because I also sell it? I guess that's what it boils down to, trust.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    so many BB coaches... seriously... all ya'll do is push the BB product like its an all or nothing thing... i wish there was a way to distinguish coaches and normal people.

I hate to inform you of this, but BB coaches ARE normal people. Most of these coaches were very out of shape and unhealthy at one time, but used BB products to get fit. There is no difference than if I were to troll the boards and recommend a Dancing with the Stars video to someone because it worked for me.

I also don't see a problem with someone putting "Message me for more info" if they are explaining to someone else how they lost weight. If someone lost weight and has a recommendation as to how I can do it, too, then PLEASE by all means tell me- that's what I'm here for!

That's like me telling someone, "Hey, I lost 30 lbs...message me for more info". Who care's that its with BB products...or any other kind of product? Its a personal conversation between two users- the fact that you had to see the introduction on the boards is just part of it.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    thats rediculous the only reason beach body worked is cause you.. yourself followed it.. if you would do ANYTHING else with a high enough intensity you would still lose the weight.

humans didnt have bbody for 1000's of years they were still skinny and they still lost weight and were still muscular. i dont know why you would trust them 100% because they are only after your money. they could easily sell the whole dvd set for P90X for under a $100 but they dont because they want your money not whats best for you they want your money like every other company out there.

in any case the beef is this isnt a sales website. and if someone says they cant afford it. then they shouldnt be finding ways to justify how to afford it.

The thing is, if it was so easy, why are there so many people here on MFP looking to lose weight? Why are so many American's obese? If only we could just eat better, or know exactly what type of workouts to do and how to do them safetly and effectively. I didn't know that was engrained on our DNA. I didn't know that people thousands of years ago had office jobs, like we do today, where they worked all day instead of being out in the fields to provide for their family. If only...

I've tried the gym. Heck, I went to the gym quite a lot and didn't lose any weight. I actually started gaining it. Once I read about a particular workout plan here, heard about success stories by people who had tried it and then did it myself, I realized what I had been doing wrong all along. And it has worked great for me. I now try and share my experience with others, just like those people I read about having had it work for them. Much like the Beach Body coaches on here do. If they're pushing it down your throat for financial gain, it's wrong. But for them to come on here and share their experience of what worked for them? What's wrong with that?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I also don't see a problem with someone putting "Message me for more info" if they are explaining to someone else how they lost weight. If someone lost weight and has a recommendation as to how I can do it, too, then PLEASE by all means tell me- that's what I'm here for!

That's like me telling someone, "Hey, I lost 30 lbs...message me for more info". Who care's that its with BB products...or any other kind of product? Its a personal conversation between two users- the fact that you had to see the introduction on the boards is just part of it.
    Because that is an outright solicitation. People see BB stuff, they can go to the site and get the info. Someone saying to msg them to which the coach benefits...that is spam1.gif
  • neelia
    Options

Because that is an outright solicitation. People see BB stuff, they can go to the site and get the info. Someone saying to msg them to which the coach benefits...that is spam1.gif

LMAO at the Spam pic!

Anyway, what I'm saying is- what is the difference between BB soliticitation and any other solicitation? I mean, should I be scared to tell people that I absolutely love Kelloggs protein meal bars because they work for me?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    LMAO at the Spam pic!

Anyway, what I'm saying is- what is the difference between BB soliticitation and any other solicitation? I mean, should I be scared to tell people that I absolutely love Kelloggs protein meal bars because they work for me?

if you would have financial gain from selling Kelloggs protein bars then it would be a problem. If you do own Kelloggs, can I borrow some money?
  • neelia
    Options
    LMAO at the Spam pic!

if you would have financial gain from selling Kelloggs protein bars then it would be a problem. If you do own Kelloggs, can I borrow some money?

Ah, if only I owned Kelloggs! :tongue:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thing 'cus my eyes kept rolling.

I see why you're getting annoying. Yes there ARE coaches out there who ONLY care about making money who put GOOD coaches down. I never ever push products on another and never do I even mention Shakeology. Unless someone messages me with questions then I will answer anything they want, but I don't go around shoving the products and supplements down peoples throats. The only thing I promote are FREE contests, which I am having one in January.

Shakeology is more than you think. It's not just for "getting skinny". You obviously never did research on it.

Yes, you can get the same intensity by yourself, but like it's been said, most people don't know how. They don't know where on earth to start. Especially with strength training. Unless they get a personal trainer or spend hours researching, they will be clueless. So to have programs that Beachbody sells, such as, P90X, it's great! PLUS, I have a 1 year old who I have to take care of. It's great to have the best at-home DVD's available for myself and I have had amazing results. No other DVD's have ever even motivated me enough to last longer than a week.

Beachbody doesn't just sell these products, it's an entire community of support and tools to help you reach your goals.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    LMAO at the Spam pic!

Pfft! Forget money. Can I get a year's supply of coco krispies?
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to message a member on this forum for some time about signing up for a BB workout DVD. She has mentioned in a couple of different threads that she is a coach, but has never pushed the product. Those types of coaches are the ones that I like. I have no issue with most coaches on this site. 99% of them are wonderful. I had one "friend" though that had a new status update everyday about how wonderful BB is and how it is going to change the world, and oh yea just ask and I will help you out. There was never anything else in her updates. Of course I reported her and eventually just de-friended her, but it was annoying.

I like the idea of BB coaches distinguishing themselves, maybe having a little badge or something under their name. Same for PT's (although I have no idea how they would prove that they are a PT) and RN's or Drs. I would take their advice much more seriously if there was a way of knowing who they are. I would probably be willing to pay for that feature actually! It would be good to know who is someone you can trust and who is just a newbie at the gym like me!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    I like the idea of BB coaches distinguishing themselves, maybe having a little badge or something under their name. Same for PT's (although I have no idea how they would prove that they are a PT) and RN's or Drs. I would take their advice much more seriously if there was a way of knowing who they are. I would probably be willing to pay for that feature actually! It would be good to know who is someone you can trust and who is just a newbie at the gym like me!

I'll say it before any of the critics do. We are not "coaches" in the traditional sense of the word. There is no requirement for us to have any sort of health, fitness or nutrition background. Many coaches do, however. A Beachbody coach is simply someone who has used BB products and wants to help others achieve the same success. We also happen to make a little money on the side.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options

Depends on how the conversation took place. If someone sees my signature and asks how I lost that much weight and I say "I used Power 90 from Beachbody, message me for the whole story",and proceed to tell them about my specific experience that's responding to their question. Now if I just randomly send someone a message saying the same thing, then that's solicitation.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options

I'll say it before any of the critics do. We are not "coaches" in the traditional sense of the word. There is no requirement for us to have any sort of health, fitness or nutrition background. Many coaches do, however. A Beachbody coach is simply someone who has used BB products and wants to help others achieve the same success. We also happen to make a little money on the side.

so your a salesman is all you are... you have no medical or fitness education in actuality and all you do is tried something and it works... just like mary kay people sell their stuff cause it works for them...

(im not saying these products dont work) BUT i am saying you are sales people. with no education to call yourselves coaches.

so if someone injures or harms themselves because the advice you give them then does that mean you can equally get sued for the advice and recommendation you give??

BTW i love the badge idea
  • I like the idea of BB coaches distinguishing themselves, maybe having a little badge or something under their name. Same for PT's (although I have no idea how they would prove that they are a PT) and RN's or Drs. I would take their advice much more seriously if there was a way of knowing who they are. I would probably be willing to pay for that feature actually! It would be good to know who is someone you can trust and who is just a newbie at the gym like me!

so your a salesman is all you are... you have no medical or fitness education in actuality and all you do is tried something and it works... just like mary kay people sell their stuff cause it works for them...

(im not saying these products dont work) BUT i am saying you are sales people. with no education to call yourselves coaches.

so if someone injures or harms themselves because the advice you give them then does that mean you can equally get sued for the advice and recommendation you give??

The coaches are not advising on HOW to do the workouts. They are providing information on where you can get the workouts, big difference. Everything else is through BeachBody includes the terms you accept when you sign up.

I don't see why your so angry over absolutely nothing. If you don't want to read about BB products simply don't click the threads. You say that "BeachBody wasn't around 100 years ago"...neither was MFP, does that mean none of us should be on MFP?

Civilization evolves.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options

First off, I'm not going to be giving any fitness or dietary advice other than the general "common knowledge" stuff because I'm not qualified to do so. Neither should any other coach. Secondly, no one should be blindly following the advice of someone they speak to on a message board. BB is upfront about the fact that coaches are not fitness professionals, they consider it a selling point that we aren't. It makes us better able to relate to people because we've been there/are there. They use the word coach in its motivational sense. In addition to having a support forum similar to this one, each BB customer also has the personal support of a coach. We provide encouragement, accountability and support as well as answer questions about the programs and products. In return we get discounts on products as well as commission if we sell anything.

You also might want to wipe that cynicism off your chin after the way you spit out "salesman". I can't speak for any of the other coaches but my positive experiences with BB products and my interactions with other customers on the forums made me want to help others. A discount on something I'm using anyway is great and the commission if someone buys something after hearing my experience is just gravy. In other words, it's NOT the primary reason I do this.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    yeaaahhhh go MIKE!!!! that's why we love you!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    With regard to being called a coach...there is no legal requirement regarding who can use the title. There are life coaches, business coaches, relationship coaches etc. While there are laws in many , if not all, States about calling yourself a doctor or an attorney, or a psychologist, etc. there is no such regulation that I am aware of for being called a coach. Anyone can be a coach....of any kind. I happen to be a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, specifically trained to help families and couples with problems and to diagnose mental illness. Yet someone can still call themselves a Relationship Coach and do what I do with no training whatsoever. My point is that the term coach is used in a whole variety of ways and is totally unregulated. If you want to know the credentials of someone, do your research and make wise decisions. Buyer beware.

Additionally, Tony Horton is not certified and neither is Jillian Michaels from what I have read. There are plenty of people who have no credentials and are much more skilled at what they do than those who have numerous credentials, just as there are plenty of people with numerous credentials and are unfit to practice their trade. Again, buyer beware.

And....I am a Beachbody Coach. I went to the gym for 5 years religiously and did not get results. And I went to a personal trainer whose wife delivered McDonalds to him during our appointment. With ChaLEAN Extreme I went from a size 12/14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days. The programs work.

The rules on this forum and many others may be that you cannot solicit or profit from your advice, however, when did it become a sin to make money by helping others? Your physician does it. Your acupuncturist does it. Your chiropractor does it.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Yay Brent. I totally agree.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Wow, this seems a little petty!!! I mean just ignore it!!! I love P90X and the results that ive gotten from it. I went to the gym and i worked out at home many times and never got the results that ive seen with P90X. There is something to the program it works if you work it!!! And it gives you all the information you need to do it the right way!!! Ive had people tell me time and again that i should be a coach, i take it as a compliment, but i have no intrest in being a BB coach!!! But i have lots of MFP that are and when i have a question about BB products i go to them!!! They have never harassed me in any way!!! I just dont understand why this is bothering you so much!!! Just look the other way or if they are really harassing you report them, but dont group all of them together because thats just not right!!!!
This discussion has been closed.