NSV - My own personal revenge!

Options
I'm so happy today that I wanted to share it with every fellow MFPer that takes the time to read this!

It was exactly one year ago today that I took my son to Six Flags for his birthday and had to get off of several rides because I was too big to be properly secured. There were several others that I didn't try to get on because they were kind enough to put a test seat outside the ride rather than completely humiliate "oversized" riders by making them exit the ride right in front of everyone (after waiting for over an hour, of course).

Anyway, I digress...that day last year served as the wake up call that got me really motivated to make a lifestyle change. I made a vow last year to lose weight and go back this year and ride every one of those damn rides with my son. When I left the house yesterday morning I knew I had made enough progress that would ride most of them. There were two that I thought I still wouldn't be able to ride because last year I was not even close to being able to be secured in to the seat. I mean...it was bad.

But guess what!? I rode every single one of them. Not only did I fit, but my hips didn't get squished either! There were six of us (2 adults and 4 teens). We got there when the park opened and left when it closed. As we were about to leave the park, I noticed that the other adult was limping around from sore feet and all the teens complaining about their feet and how tired they were. Me? I was the only one not having any pain and not the least bit tired. In fact, I was complaining that the park shouldn't close so early because I didn't have a chance to ride Superman or the Whizzer.

This has been a great year. I lost over 70 pounds, I have learned how to enjoy exercise, I found a passion in hula hooping that I never knew was there, and I totally made Six Flags my b*tch.

MoreComparison.jpg

#lovinglife

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how this is "revenge."
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful weight loss and showing Six Flags who is boss! That is an amazingly awesome NSV!!!
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What a great NSV!! ????
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I love this...but I think I love the fact that your profile pic is with Darth Vader just a little bit more. :)
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this. Revenge on those tiny chairs and short belts. Take your life and fly girl. Amazing!
  • darkbrownsuga
    Options
    You rock!!!
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Smashed it! *High five* :-)
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jen! Glad you had such a great day. (It is a nice perk to be more athletic than the average teen)
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Congratulations to you for showing Six Flags who is boss!
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow, What a transformation. Thank you for sharing with us your amazing story. This gives me more motivation to keep going with my weight loss. Congratulations!!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This has been a great year. I lost over 70 pounds, I have learned how to enjoy exercise, I found a passion in hula hooping that I never knew was there, and I totally made Six Flags my b*tch.

Love this!! Congrats and good job!!!!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping... that's a new one.

Glad you found something you like to do :)
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what next year looks/feels like!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I truly sympathize with how you felt that day, I found myself in the same situation several years back trying to get on some amusement rides. Really puts things in perspective. I haven't ridden a roller coaster since. Now that I could fit on one though, it's time to get my butt to an amusement park!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy today that I wanted to share it with every fellow MFPer that takes the time to read this!

It was exactly one year ago today that I took my son to Six Flags for his birthday and had to get off of several rides because I was too big to be properly secured. There were several others that I didn't try to get on because they were kind enough to put a test seat outside the ride rather than completely humiliate "oversized" riders by making them exit the ride right in front of everyone (after waiting for over an hour, of course).

Congrats! I know exactly how you feel. A couple years ago, I had to do the walk of shame when I didn't fit into a roller coaster harness. Yesterday, I went back there with the boys, and I had zero problems. Last time I was lucky to get the harness to the first click-lock. This time it was very satisfying to hear multiple clicks on every ride as I pulled the harness into position.
    Congrats again!
  • sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome story..., thank you for sharing!!! Keep it going!! :)
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good job. :happy:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    That is nothing but proof of how far you've come. Great work!!!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Those victories are priceless. Your son must be so proud of you!
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! This is actually one of my goals, to be able to ride the rides at amusement parks. For all of my adult life I have told everyone I don't like rides, when really I couldn't fit in one when I was 18 and was completely humiliated walking away from the ride to wait for the rest of my family to get done riding. So I know exactly what you felt not being able to fit and I can't WAIT to share the same victory. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!