NSV - My own personal revenge!

Options

Replies

• ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congratulations! I discovered today that I am still at the weight I was on January 6th. A bit lf a waist of the last 8 months.

Do you have any tips on hula hooping? I have one, used ot love it as a kid, but now it is mostly ornamental, because I can make no more than 5 rotations till it falls down. But I am sure that it is a great, fun, quick and easy core workout...
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    well, not easy, obviously
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Good read. Love the fact also, that your son knows Mom didn't leave the memory banks with Mom couldn't ride the rides. It' s more like Mom didn't take no for an answer. Good stuff.
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    Amazing, congratulations! I discovered today that I am still at the weight I was on January 6th. A bit lf a waist of the last 8 months.

Do you have any tips on hula hooping? I have one, used ot love it as a kid, but now it is mostly ornamental, because I can make no more than 5 rotations till it falls down. But I am sure that it is a great, fun, quick and easy core workout...

Definitely! It's really all about the size of your hoop. They say to buy one that comes up to just above your bellybutton when you stand it in front of you. However, when I started I found that being as big as I was and having such a weak core made it impossible for me to keep even a properly sized hoop up. I ended up having to get a hoop that came up to about my chest (50" for me; I'm tall). When you see the big hoop it seems intimidating, but it's much easier because it's bigger and slower. Start with the big guy and as you build your core you can downsize. When I'm learning new tricks I always go back to my big guy to learn.

Just be careful...once you get the bug it's all over... ;)
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. It's great to have so many people to share these accomplishments with! And it's so true that it's about much more than appearances. I think that's the piece I was missing for so many years. My daughter said to me last night, "It's really cool that you said you were going to do it..and then you did it." That made every single bite I didn't take this year worth it.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well done! I had an extremely similar turning point with rides, and recently was able to go to Alton towers, and ride everything. I was so happy, I hope you were as pleased with yourself as I was! Great progress!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is my very favorite success story today :)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • Shiva9981
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic and inspirational
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how this is "revenge."

I do...
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Happy tears for you ! Thanks for sharing.
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    I don't understand how this is "revenge."

I do...

Hahaha! That was my exact thought when I read that. I just figured I'd ignore the troll. :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I want to get my revenge at Universal someday! I couldn't ride a bunch of the Harry Potter rides due to my size! Awesome for you!!!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    I know I actually played with my 3 yr. old on the playground in the last couple months. When my son was that age there was no way. He's 16 now. Sad I couldn't do more with him when he was younger. Though glad they are going to have a healthier Mom. :)

I bet your son loved it!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS STORY! What a wonderful feeling you must have had. Congrats!
  • SunShineGirly11
    SunShineGirly11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! Congrats! You look awesome and I loved your story!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I totally made Six Flags my b*tch.

Yes you did! LOL. Congrats!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    This has been a great year. I lost over 70 pounds, I have learned how to enjoy exercise, I found a passion in hula hooping that I never knew was there, and I totally made Six Flags my b*tch.

#lovinglife

I
    Just
    Love
    THIS
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i LOVE your story! so happy for you!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • BigB0824
    BigB0824 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!! Congratulations. What a fun way to celebrate your success and validate all your hard work..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!