What is your favorite brand and flavor of tea?

Options

Replies

• JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Twinnings Earl grey and Lipton (the regular black tea).
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Plantation Mint is my go-to mint tea, but I also love Israeli nana and Moraccan mint teas - I like them strong and sweet. Good for digestion and just as a cap to a nice big meal.

For a wonderful refreshing iced tea, try cold brewing a combination of mint and green tea, then add a little honey. It tastes like a way better version than Arizona Green Tea with ginseng and honey.

I also like hot or iced chai tea with a splash of milk and honey for a "latte" - no specific brand, just whatever has lots of warm spices.

I'd also recommend trying some loose teas from Teavana or a similar store. I like making light herbal and fruit iced teas in the summer in place of black iced tea.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am partial to Tazo and Stash. Any variety of chai, especially.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Twinings and Tetley black round bags.

Earl Gray
    English Breakfast
    Ultra Spice Chai
    Chamomile
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to start drinking tea as I've heard a lot of people say it helps with cravings and can help satiate hunger. A couple weeks ago, I started looking into different brands to see what we had around here, but it's so overwhelming. Plus, some of the organic teas are rather expensive, so I'm afraid to spend money on them without kind of knowing what I'm buying because we live on such a tight budget. I can't afford to waste 6 or 7 dollars on a box of tea if I don't know if I will drink it. So what kind of tea do you like (chai, green, etc.) and what brand? And how would you describe the taste of them? Oh, and I would prefer decaffeinated teas if possible, as i can't tolerate caffeine.

Are you meaning hot tea or cold tea? For hot tea I just use Lipton and I use splenda instead of sugar.

For cold tea I use this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Metabolism-Peach-Mango-Green-Tea-Drink-Mix-10ct/17352631

You get 10 single serving packs for less than $2.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    i don't know about. Brands but I tend to like the Chinese fermented teas the best. I usually drink a Puerh in the morning and a Olong during the day.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    All great suggestions here, but i have to add my favorite: Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Roobios. Vanilla-y and slightly sweet tasting, also caffeine free!

Also, if you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can usually get large packs of tea for a lot less than you'd pay in store.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love tea, it's my favourite. Tetley White Raspberry, or Lipton's Island Peach Mango White Tea, or Tetley's Strawberry Tea or Lipton's Spiced Cinnamon Chai (I love tea and drink one travel mug every morning for a warm-me-up especially in winter). I love tea.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I like Twinings Peppermint tea. :)
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lipton Forest Fruit tea
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The Republic of Tea (comes in a cyclinder can)
    Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea. It is Rooibos (naturally caffeine free) with vanilla beans.
    It smells and tastes soooooooo good. It stops dessert cravings. Rooibos is called nature's valium. I have one cup a day before bed to unwind.

I also like Mighty Leaf's Black tea with vanilla bean (it also comes in Decaf) for when i want caffeine. Again no sugar but tastes creamy. There are other brands that make these flavors but theses particular brands really taste the best to me and have no flavorings just pure tea and vanailla beans.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just go with whatever is reasonable......currently on a huge box of "Bigelow brand" Green Tea I picked up from Sam's Club ;) But I also "splurge" on ocassion and will have some Lemon Zinger tea I got from walmart lol....it was like 4 dollars for like 20 tea bags.....and it's got a blend of different herbs and spices....hibiscus which is supposed to have good cardiovascular effects....

Don't just try one......try them all and make a list from there ;)

I got some "SleepyTime Tea" - can't remember what bread, but it's got peppermint and menthol or something lol......Valerian too probably....and my gf says I sleep like a baby when I drink that before bed haha
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I adore Good Earth Sweet & Spicy (they have caffeine free too) very cinnamony... and it tastes very sweet without adding anything. I love it hot in the morning and Iced all day.

I second this.. it's my favorite bagged tea right now.. their chai is also really good.

I actually prefer loose tea but the two above are the ones I drink when I drink bagged
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    It took me a while to develop a taste for it, but Earl Gray tea is my favorite ever. And you can get a decaffeinated version! If you're into black coffee, then black tea is an easy transition.

My first favorite tea was green tea with lemon. It's so crisp and delicious. Green tea still has caffeine, but not a lot of it - not compared to coffee, anyway.

Herbal teas? Peppermint tea often comes in a very christmas-y looking box, but I could drink it all year. I have a box at work right now that I've been working through.
  • AuroraD82
    AuroraD82 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I discovered such comfort in Stash Licorice Spice Tea combined with a Red Rose Tea in a pot. Add a splash of milk for extra yummy! The Red Rose adds a nice strength to the sweetness, and licorice flavor of the Stash Licorice Spice tea.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Twinnings- Ultra Spice Chai
    Celestial Seasons-Sleepy Time ( its like a spearmint, chamomile blend )
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Also, regarding drinking loose leaf or bagged tea, you don't have to pick one or the other! As a big tea drinker I'm a huge fan of loose leaf, and I do think it is the tastiest... but I also go through tons of boxes of bagged tea, all the time. My loose leaf tea is a special treat, but I usually like the cost and convenience of bags.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Brooke-Bond Red Label. It's a very common Indian tea that is imported to the US from Canada. It's a rich, strong, black tea that brews fast and stands up to milk and sugar or Splenda. There is nothing delicate or nuanced about the flavor, it's hearty and substantial like what you'd expect from an Irish or English breakfast tea.. It brews up stronger than the common black teas (Lipton, Red Rose...) you'll find in the grocery store.

Different people drink tea for different reasons. A friend of mine drinks "monkey picked oolong" or fancy green teas. I just want a strong cup of British style or Indian style black tea. and, for me, Brook-Bond is just great stuff! One other cool thing is that it's cheaper loose that in bags.and I like to brew tea by the pot instead of by the cup.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I drink about 64 oz of iced tea every day. I steep 6 great value (Walmart brand) black tea bags in a pot of boiling water and let it cool overnight. sometimes I add lemon and sometimes sweet-n-low. It's cheap, tastes wonderful, and absolutely curbs my appetite!

58369279.png
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Tick tock red bush tea (also called rooibos). It's naturally caffiene free and tastes sweet and honey-ish. Also very nice cold :) and you don't need to add milk.

Yummy!

OP - as a tea novice.....I recommend a red tea. These are really mellow. I drink Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red. African Orange (Celestial Seasonings) is good too (if you can find it).

BLEND teas if you find something you don't like. I use a plain tea and flavored tea together for iced tea. The flavored tea really tames the flavor.

Green tea...........these will be bitter if the water temperature is too high.