Weighing yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• plastersan
    plastersan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once a week i weight myself and have my body fat % measured at the gym and record it in a journal. I use the amount of fat loss for the week more then any of the other numbers.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weigh myself twice a day. Sometimes not for a few days. Sometimes I don't want to look. Sometimes once a day. But always at the same time every week to record my weight loss.

I just like to watch the fluctuations and trends so that if it's high on my weigh in day I might be able to tell if it's from hormones, salt, etc.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Daily. In the morning, after I workout, before any food or water has been consumed.

Sometimes I'll do it in the evening, just because I'm curious about how much water weight I gain in a day. But the one I go by is Monday.

I like to see the trends. I also like to see what foods cause me to retain water. Like I ate some popcorn on Monday, and it was so salty, I was only able to get through half of the bag. I gained about 2 pounds in water weight and it took about 2 days to go away. I like to know these things.

But that's just me.

Daily weigh ins do not bother me. It's not for everyone. It takes a lot to get me down, so even if I see the scale go up, I know I just need to make adjustments. No biggie.