Lose 10 Pounds by Valentine's Day!!

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Whew! You all are doing so AMAZING!!

Unfortunately I'm reporting a GAIN of 1 pound! GRRR!!!! I'm back up to 225!

I have to be honest and say it's totally my own fault though. I have no excuses. I've been eating like crazy and not working out as much. I've been without a car for a week now, because my husband has to drive it to work. (his truck is in the shop, but will hopefuly be out this week!)

Here are some challenges:

TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

12 CUPS WATER: H2O TUESDAYS!

45 Minutes Cardio
    15 Minutes strength training

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! --- I have never done this and I'm going to so that when I may not see it on the scales, I may see an improvement on measurements. There is a place on this website where you can track them, and I'm sure if you google it, you can find a great site to show you the proper places to measure. I know the "waist" measurement is always a tricky one along with hips!

WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE:
    10 Water
    40 Minutes Cardio
    20 Minutes Strength
    10 Minutes Yoga, or stretching exercises

THURSDAY CHALLENGE:

50 Minutes Cardio
    8 Cups Water

*** Tell us your fave new thing to eat. Something filling, and "good" for us! List a recipe if needed!

Here's to a great week! Hugs, love and support!!!

Tausha
  • Skinnyme87
    Options
    Im up a pound :( I went over sodium levels the last few days so maybe Im having water retention..

• Mgrady00
    Mgrady00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone my weight today was just right at 186. I was kind of hoping to lose more. This week I have to work out harder. I want to make it to 178 by Valentines Day. I got like 4 weeks left. I need to lose two pounds this week. We can do this everyone!!! :tongue:
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Weighing in--135 today. Down 1 pound from last week.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    As for my weigh-in, I am out of town at hubby's work retreat at a spa (yay, a gym, exercise classes, and healthy food) so I weighed myself yesterday - 121.5. Technically a 0.5lb loss since I gained 2 lbs last week. But I've got my carb cravings under control so I'm expecting a better loss next week.

PoshTaush, I'm sorry you're going through a rough spot. I know you'll get back on track. You certainly continue to inspire and cheer me. I appreciate all that you do.

** Tell us your fave new thing to eat. Something filling, and "good" for us! List a recipe if needed!
    It's not too new, but Kale salad with Galeo's salad dressing (esp miso caesar) :tongue:
    This is by far my favorite lunch meal: I buy pre-cut/washed organic mixed kale and throw it in a pyrex container with sliced cherry tomatoes and seasoned tofu, tuna, or chicken breast and coat in Galeo's salad dressing (only 20cals per tbsp and delicious!). It's fast, it's filling; the kale give a nice crunch and lots of fiber to fill you up while the protein satisfies. Since the dressing is so light you can eat the salad with a lot of lean protein without going over 300 cals. :bigsmile:
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yea I started at:

SW: 255
    CW: 251

One more pound I am reached the goal for the month of 5 pounds for the January challenge maybe even a little more trying to reach my goal by Valentines of 10 pounds.... Only 6 more pounds to go .good luck everyone..
  • Runner316
    Options
    I am in! I am currently 145 and would like to be 135 by Valentine's Day!
  • denee05
    denee05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in as well. I'm new to this site, but I'm already seeing the benefits just by seriously counting my calories. I'm currently 212, I think. Though, I want to push for something below 200 by Valentines day. I've been stuck in the 200-215 range for years now, and I'm sick of it.
  • breege
    breege Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, bit late joining but I'm in. Just back from honeymoon so need a bit of a kickstart and motivation to get going again.
    SW = 140lbs
  • gypsyrosedog
    Options
    I'm in, except I'll have to use my starting weight from early January because I wasn't acknowledging the existence of my bathroom scale after Christmas LOL SW 198 lbs.
  • niknok28
    Options
    No weight loss since last time still at 156. :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    SW 212
    CW 210
    GW 1/17/11: 209
  • snowball65
    Options
    My weigh in todays has me at 203.8 lb. I have lost .8 lb since last weigh in
    1/3/2011>>>>>>>>204.6
    1/10/11>>>>>>>>>203.8:smile:
  • anrosen
    Options
    I joined My Fitness Pal and your challenge last week and I've lost 2 pounds. My CW is 153.
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My weight is 214.4.

I was feeling so bad about only being down .6, but it's so nice to know that I am not alone! Thanks everyone for sharing your struggles this past week. We can do this! Best of luck for a better week next week.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Today, I finally went to the gym and tried a Yoga class. I made myself go to the other side of the room, away from the door so I wouldnt be able to walk out during class. LOL...It was much better than the boring DVDs and was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Of course I wasnt able to stand on my head like a couple of the other ladies in the class but I think I did pretty good for my first time. Also, the instructor and one of the ladies in class said this was an intermediate/advanced class. So, kudos to me for making it through the 1 hour class. :drinker: (water) The downside is that you dont burn alot of calories. I burned about 180 cals during the 1 hour class. My goal is to start doing Yoga at least once a week.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    oops, double post :blushing:
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    *** Tell us your fave new thing to eat. Something filling, and "good" for us! List a recipe if needed!

Tausha

Fave new thing to eat, I picked up on this site sunday and tweaked it a little....Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup teriyaki (or soy sauce)
    Pineapple Rings (2 rings per chicken breast) - drained or you could do cut up pineapple too
    Green pepper cut in strips

Put the chicken on the bottom, add pineapple and green peppers, then pour the teriyaki over it....cook in crock pot for 2 hours on high, or I would guess around 4 - 5 on low (not sure on that). Served mine over whole grain brown rice.

Very yummy and filling and the possibilities are endless as far as veggies etc that you could add.

Enjoy :)
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options

Tausha

Fave new thing to eat, I picked up on this site sunday and tweaked it a little....Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup teriyaki (or soy sauce)
    Pineapple Rings (2 rings per chicken breast) - drained or you could do cut up pineapple too
    Green pepper cut in strips

Put the chicken on the bottom, add pineapple and green peppers, then pour the teriyaki over it....cook in crock pot for 2 hours on high, or I would guess around 4 - 5 on low (not sure on that). Served mine over whole grain brown rice.

Very yummy and filling and the possibilities are endless as far as veggies etc that you could add.

Enjoy :)

That sounds really good! I'm going to try it!
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Can't remember if I checked in on this challenge yet. I'm not sure what the weigh in day is, but my day is Monday and I'm down to 131. Lost 6!