Lose 10 Pounds by Valentine's Day!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

12 CUPS WATER: H2O TUESDAYS! got the water in. I always drink alot of water when I play golf.

45 Minutes Cardio Well, I count it as cardio on my log, but it's not really because other than throwing a temper tantrum, my heart rate doesn't go up! But after spending 5 hours playing golf, I kinda need to do that mom/wife thing and pick up the house, do the laundry, pick up kids... and so on and so on! but, i'ts 5 hours of doing something, not just sitting on my butt eating bon-bons!
    15 Minutes strength training

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! --- I have never done this and I'm going to so that when I may not see it on the scales, I may see an improvement on measurements. There is a place on this website where you can track them, and I'm sure if you google it, you can find a great site to show you the proper places to measure. I know the "waist" measurement is always a tricky one along with hips!

I"ll do this later on. It's really cold in my house (old house, little insulation) so I'm not looking forward to not having clothes on.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    workout 6.62 miles today
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

12 CUPS WATER: H2O TUESDAYS! ~DONE

45 Minutes Cardio ~DONE
    15 Minutes strength training ~DONE

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! ~Already lost so much of what was to be measured, it seems pointless for me. Might still do it.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

12 CUPS WATER: Got the water done

45 Minutes Cardio: 30 minutes. I don't have 45 minutes to exercise (let alone an hour) now that school's back.
    15 Minutes strength training: none

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! ---
    I track all my measurements on myshape.com It's a pretty cool website (even though it's really just to shop), because it tells you your body type and recommends clothing that would fit your body well. I've bought a couple of things on there and I love it.

Apparently since last month (when I weighed about 2 pounds more than I do now - and it's hard to say because I now have a new scale..) I only lost .5 inches from my bust. Haha. Nothing from my waist or hips.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

12 CUPS WATER: DONE!

45 Minutes Cardio: Did an hour, 1/2 on ellipitcal, other half walking/jogging
    15 Minutes strength training: did 20 minutes. There is a nice workout series on youtube I just started doing http://www.youtube.com/user/RoxStarFitness1
  • boymomthree
    boymomthree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE:
    H2O TUESDAYS!

12 cups water: DONE

45 minutes Cardio: DONE (elliptical)
    15 (20) minutes strength training: DONE

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! ---: FAIL ;)
    I have to get this done before I lose any more! Tomorrow is the day.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY CHALLENGE Outcome:
    H2O TUESDAYS!

12 cups water ~ 15 cups

45 minutes Cardio ~ Accomplished!
    15 minutes strength training ~ Well, I did a workout dvd for 50 minutes with Weighted gloves on.Not sure if thats considered strength training.

**TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS!! ~ I take my measurements once a month so my next measurement date is in Feb.
  • missy01072
    Options
    Today, I finally went to the gym and tried a Yoga class. I made myself go to the other side of the room, away from the door so I wouldnt be able to walk out during class. LOL...It was much better than the boring DVDs and was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Of course I wasnt able to stand on my head like a couple of the other ladies in the class but I think I did pretty good for my first time. Also, the instructor and one of the ladies in class said this was an intermediate/advanced class. So, kudos to me for making it through the 1 hour class. :drinker: (water) The downside is that you dont burn alot of calories. I burned about 180 cals during the 1 hour class. My goal is to start doing Yoga at least once a week.

Great Job taking Yoga class. I hate them. I have to much energy and gotta go in my pants to even be that still. haha. But Great Job!
  • anrosen
    Options
    I didn't log in yesterday, but I met the cardio and strength training. I haven't been so good about tracking water. I actually don't drink many things besides water, but I am probably not drinking enough regardless. I have to work on that.

Kudos to the gal who tried out the yoga class. I don't know why the site doesn't show more calories lost for yoga. You can modify the number if you really think you burned more. I did an intermediate class recently that moved us through the poses much faster than I have ever done in any yoga class I've taken over the years. There is no way I only burned 180 cal in that 1 hour class. I was huffing and puffing by the time we got to the cool down. I think the same goes for strength building. If you are doing a fast circuit, especially w/ handweights and incorporating lunges or squats, you have to burning calories.
  • tarazona73
    tarazona73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week #2 Weigh-in!

Opps forgot to post. I only lost .2 lbs this week...bummer! I have vein surgery on Monday and can;t work out for 4 days so I m sure this week will be abust too....bummer!
  • tarazona73
    tarazona73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week #2 Weigh-in:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE:
    10 Water -already hit this and since I had sushi for lunch (so good, but oh, so much sodium!!) I'll be drinking lots more
    40 Minutes Cardio -did 45 minute spin class and a 55 minute cardio/sculpt class. My shoulders are crying from all the lateral raises we did and my butt and thighs were so sore, it was really hard to spin!
    20 Minutes Strength
    10 Minutes Yoga, or stretching exercises - probably with both classes with both pre and post workout stretches.

Recipe:

Quinoa Pilaf

1 cup quinoa (I use Ancient Harvest brand, you don't need to rinse it)
    2 cups chicken broth
    3 baby carrots, chopped
    1 T diced onion (any kind)
    1 T diced pepper
    1 T smart balance (or butter, butter will change the calorie counts some)
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1/4 cup chopped almonds

Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth per package directions. (about 10 minutes) While that is cooking, saute the chopped veggies in the smart balance and cook until softened. Once softened, add cranberries and almonds. Combine everything.

You can use whatever type of veggies you like and you can eliminate the fruit and nuts to save calories. I like both the sweetness and texture of the different things. It's great as a side dish hot with any type of protein and it's great cold the next day. I'll have to go into my recipes to see the calorie counts but for 1/2 cup serving, it's about 125 calories, 2.8 g of fat, 4 grams protein and 20.8 grams of carbs.

My kids don't like it (but it's "new" and "different" and "weird" and they hate everything!" but my husband likes it and I love it.
  • lizzy755
    Options
    Didn't post on Monday because my scale is dead! Which is both good and bad news lol. Was 166 when I last checked.
  • robyn0629
    Options
    forgot to post monday...
    SW=177
    week1=174
    week2=170
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The only goal I got today was the water lol its yet another snow day here and I'm suffering from a headache with cabin fever, if my oldest doesn't get back into school soon I might go insane :P...My measurements, that are tracked on here are my neck 13
    waist 39 hips 43.5..blah :P..Have a couple of personal goals, get up before the kids 3 days this week to get in an extra atleast 20 minutes working out and I joined the biggest loser pound for pound challenge.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The only goal I got today was the water lol its yet another snow day here and I'm suffering from a headache with cabin fever, if my oldest doesn't get back into school soon I might go insane :P...My measurements, that are tracked on here are my neck 13
    waist 39 hips 43.5..blah :P..Have a couple of personal goals, get up before the kids 3 days this week to get in an extra atleast 20 minutes working out and I joined the biggest loser pound for pound challenge.

well im just about to do a work out but it will only be a small 1 (aunty flow is here) which i hope will help with my headache. I feel better when i have exercised. I have not managed to keep up with the water so i must find my water bottle & start having it with me @ all time to remind me to drink water. i have just thought my headache might be partly to do with not drinking enough water.
    I will do my measurements next week as that is when i had planed to.
    I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
  • lizardbreath06
    Options
    SW: 150
    Week 1: -7.5 lbs
    Week 2: +1.5
    Week 3: -3.0
    Current weight: 141
    Goal weight: 130

Week 2 is always so hard after losing so good the first week. But I just stuck to it and lost it this week. Yay! Almost to my goal of losing 10 lbs!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs - but only one counts. I had gained over the holidays. At least I am now on the right track.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I only met the water goal today. Tomorrow I have plans to do 60 minutes of cardio though.