whats with the forum hate?

Options

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    i notice there are a lot of people in these forums who only comment to be negative or bash anyone who gives advice, why are you on a social fitness site if you dont want help? How do you all deal with these trolls? iv been using the forum for like 3 days and its already pissing me off lol

Honest answer.

It's because a lot of new people START by giving advice, when they should be taking it.

^^^ This and 86 posts on the boards in 3 days?
    Wow.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hunger makes people grumpy?
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Tell me what the mean people did to you. *patpatpat*

Don't touch me there. We've had this talk. :angry:

You know you like it :tongue:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Was this prompted by the Eating Clean and Healthy thread or the fact that people like to eat Big Macs?

Honestly though, here are my two cents when this topic comes up. We see this post a lot around here. And I mean a lot. Like two or three times a week someone posts a new topic to address the fact that we're all too negative/mean/bullies/trolls/etc. On top of that, every single one of the most patient and helpful people who've tried to answer questions on these boards will be called negative/mean/bully/troll/etc at some point or another when someone doesn't like the advice they're giving (even though it's generally accurate advice).

When these threads pop up with no details, no examples, and no specifics about who or what you're talking about, you end up catching everyone with the label because the label has been applied to all of us at some point in the past. There is some bad behavior and there are some mean people here on these boards. But report it or point it out where you find it, because without context this just becomes another mean people thread and another gif post. It will never accomplish anything that you want it to accomplish (unless you're just trolling, of course).
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Show us with your feels how they hurt you sweet pea. :flowerforyou:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Bbbbbut I just wanna try beachbody once!
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    If you think the forums are frustrating on day three, stick around awhile.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    First forum visit of the day, and I already need a beer.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    First forum visit of the day, and I already need a beer.

Cheers to that
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

shhhhhhhh... Just sit back and enjoy it.

Sigh.....if I must.....

You know you like it :tongue:

Shhhh!!!!!!! Don't tell!!!!!!!
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Review the community guidelines - there's a link to them in the page footer. A lot of those awful comments are definitely against the guidelines. Whenever someone is pissing me off and they're violating those guidelines, I report the comment. And then, if they piss me off more than once, I also click the little arrow underneath their profile picture in the thread, and choose to ignore the user.

There are just some people who come onto every thread with criticism, or inappropriate sexual comments, or a terrible attitude, and clicking that ignore button is magic - you don't have to deal with them anymore. :)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    My solution?

If the forums get to you, ignore 'em.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Review the community guidelines - there's a link to them in the page footer. A lot of those awful comments are definitely against the guidelines. Whenever someone is pissing me off and they're violating those guidelines, I report the comment. And then, if they piss me off more than once, I also click the little arrow underneath their profile picture in the thread, and choose to ignore the user.

There are just some people who come onto every thread with criticism, or inappropriate sexual comments, or a terrible attitude, and clicking that ignore button is magic - you don't have to deal with them anymore. :)

You've been here a month and report a lot already? May I suggest more ignoring, less reporting?
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Social media allows those that would normally not respond a platform to be ridiculously rude. It is the world we live in. Many cannot accept constructive criticism. If people practiced saying kind things at least 5 times a day perhaps they would reconsider how they respond. Believe it or not it really is a HEART issue.
  • lizzybathory
    Options

You've been here a month and report a lot already? May I suggest more ignoring, less reporting?
    If people saying mean things are breaking the rules we all agreed to, I see no reason not to report. That's the purpose of the button. Why does this bother you?
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    3K8lXwJ.gif
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    too funny!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Some people just like poking the sleeping giant until they get a reaction. It's just their thing.

cat-gif-2.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

If people saying mean things are breaking the rules we all agreed to, I see no reason not to report. That's the purpose of the button. Why does this bother you?

this explains. SO much.

:angry:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Two websites... Babycenter and TheKnot

Go there for a while and then come back.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Two websites... Babycenter and TheKnot

Go there for a while and then come back.

I know- seriously- I can't believe ANYTHING but direct personal attacks gets reported- it makes me crazy what gets reported- it's so vanilla. and boring.

it's like we are at daycare- someone needs to lay off the reporting button and get either a sense of humor or a live and let live attitude.