What is your FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Options

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
    Who is more irrational - The person who believes in a God he cannot see? Or the guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?
    What else freaks you out; unicorns?

You can believe whatever you want. If you want to believe in a magic teacup in the sky, knock yourself out.

But when your faith and its fan club start to infringe upon law and civil rights, that's when I get offended.

Beliefs are not facts.

Which law and civil right would that be? because the only group I see this happening to is Christians.

One example the leaps to my mind is gay marriage.

Are you gay?

Would it matter?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
    Who is more irrational - The person who believes in a God he cannot see? Or the guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

You can believe whatever you want. If you want to believe in a magic teacup in the sky, knock yourself out.

But when your faith and its fan club start to infringe upon law and civil rights, that's when I get offended.

Beliefs are not facts.

Which law and civil right would that be? because the only group I see this happening to is Christians.

Poor Christians are so persecuted. Please give me an example of how your beliefs have been infringed upon.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I go to church to pick up women.

Unitarian chicks be crazy
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2nd Cor 5:21
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Romans 8:28 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

This one is very helpful when going through difficult times.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Matthew 6:6.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options

Unitarian chicks be crazy

The Catholic girls are freaks. The only downside is that they go into hyper-ovulation mode the second you start checking them out.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options

*There is also an area in CHRISTIANS UNITE for this. .
    myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1428410-favorite-scriptures-bible-study-area?page=1

Thank you! Just joined.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Genesis 3:16
    "To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you." 17Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.…"
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Rush - Permanent Waves:Song 2:Chorus

"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill
    "

:flowerforyou:
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Religion doesn't offend...I think it's stupid and sets our species back, but it doesn't offend me. Unicorns are awesome, my hubby and I are still searching for ours though, I'm sure she's out there. I'm freaked out by clowns and puppets, oh oh and roaches, eew I hate roaches. :happy:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Ta-dah-Jesus_fb_77112.jpg
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Isn't that why most men go to church? lol
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Thus the gray-haired mother answered Aino,
    her beloved daughter:
    “Weep no more, my lovely maiden,
    Waste no more of thy sweet young-life;
    One year eat thou my sweet butter,
    It will make thee strong and ruddy;
    Eat another year fresh bacon,
    It will make thee tall and queenly;
    Eat a third year only dainties,
    It will make thee fair and lovely" -the Kalevala

Oft should one make an early meal,
    Nor fasting come to the feast;
    Else he sits and chews as if he would choke,
    And little is able to ask.
    Havamall 34

The herds know when they must be home and leave the pasture then; but the unwise man never knows the measure of his stomach. -Havamal

Thanks for asking!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Thus the gray-haired mother answered Aino,
    her beloved daughter:
    “Weep no more, my lovely maiden,
    Waste no more of thy sweet young-life;
    One year eat thou my sweet butter,
    It will make thee strong and ruddy;
    Eat another year fresh bacon,
    It will make thee tall and queenly;
    Eat a third year only dainties,
    It will make thee fair and lovely" -the Kalevala

Oft should one make an early meal,
    Nor fasting come to the feast;
    Else he sits and chews as if he would choke,
    And little is able to ask.
    Havamall 34

The herds know when they must be home and leave the pasture then; but the unwise man never knows the measure of his stomach. -Havamal

Thanks for asking!

Now that this is brought up... I feel totally inspired to make an artsy-fartsy painting of these and hang them up by the kitchen table!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

AGAIN:

This was supposed to be a respectful and inspirational thread. I don't appreciate people coming her to INTENTIONALLY crashing the topic.

FOR those of you that STAYED on the intended topic in a courteous manner. . THANK YOU.

You asked for people's favorite scriptures. Lots of people are offering what they consider their favorite inspirational statements. Many just happen to be from religions/belief systems other than Christianity. Here's one of mine:

"Mind the Three-fold Laws you should; three times bad and three times good.
    When misfortune is enow, wear the star upon your brow."

-Wiccan Rede
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    People can talk about their favorite scripture, but can't wish someone happy birthday without a thread lock?
    tumblr_n1gnf7c5Bi1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Beliefs are not facts.

One example the leaps to my mind is gay marriage.

Are you gay?

Would it matter?

Not at all. No different than my sins. Just wondering if you felt your rights directly had been violated.

I will not now, nor will I ever support any action that is sinful and I also have civil rights to exercise freedom of religion. My religion requires I stand up to God's law about mans. So why makes your rights more valid than mine or the other way around? That seems to be where we are today. In all honest I'm sick of this world. Not in like a depressed way, but when I find myself, my children, under constant attack for my beliefs, well to quote my favorite song, you can have this World, but give me Jesus. I don't have hate for anyone. Just sin, especially my own.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is still open?

neil_degrasse_tyson_on_science_and_religion_by_strangemask-d4mqwdm.jpg

tumblr_miyox8niZf1qdpbx3o3_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.