*Snowflakes to Sunshine* 40lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    i think we're supposed to weigh in today right?

i'm so sad that i gained 2lbs from christmas, but i'm trying to focus on the positive- new year, new me! i'm so ready to kick my butt into super gear in 2011 and lose 40 by june! we can all do this!

Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge Weigh-In
    SW: 229.8 :( - GW: 189.8 :) <
    I haven't seen that weight since the middle of high school! ohhh, i can't wait to get there!!

I'm going to take my pix in a bit. Good luck to everyone participating! And Happy New Year!!!! :)
  • angeladawn88
    Options
    I am so in for this! 40 lbs sounds do able. Totally.
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    I'd SO love to do this! My initial goal is just a little under 30 lbs, but my "secret" goal is closer to 40. Hope I'm not too late!!!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I would love to fully support everyone in their endeavor to lose 40 lbs, but i realize now, after doing the math that i actually do not have 40 lbs still left to lose! I am 5'10 and am currently 179 and 139 would be about 10 lbs less than where i think my absolute bottom should be because i plan on being quite physically fit by summer, not just "thinner"... with the muscle weight and my height, i dont think 139 would look healthy on me, nor would i be able to preform well on my high-peaks hikes or half-marathon training.... so backing out of the challenge, but rooting you all on!! Here is to a HEALTHY 2011!!!!!!!!! :)
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL!!!
    THIS IS A SHAKE RECIPE FOR ANYONE HATEING VEGGIES LIKE ME.
    SOUNDS GROSS, BUT BELIEVE ME YOU WILL NOT TASTE THE BROCCOLI
    ITS HEALTHY AND IT TASTE YUMMY!!!!!!!

1 CUP FROZEN BROCCOLI FLORETS
    1/2 CUP FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
    1/2 CUP FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
    1/2 MEDIUM BANANA
    3/4 CUP OF SOYSLENDER - SOYMILK ( VANILLA )

Calories 221 , Carbs 43, Protein 10, Fiber 11, Sodium 123

The frozen fruit & broccoli I sit in a bowl filled with water just to thaw out 1 minute while I'm pouring the soymilk in the BLENDER. Then I drain the water out from the fruit bowl. And I add just the fruit & broccoli & banana to the Blender.

TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT :flowerforyou:
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is exactly What I was looking for! Thank you!
  • jewels68
    Options
    Are you taking anymore people for this challenge? I'd love to join.
  • DarkEyEz89
    Options
    i want in !!!! yea im ready and happy to find someone in indiana who wants to do the same!!!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was thinking, since so many people are having a hard time finding the weigh-in thread, maybe we can post the link in this thread every week so we an all get to the weigh-in thread quickly..
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hi All!
    Today (SUNDAY) was my plan to be a DAY OF REST. I asked my husband to lets get out, It is such a beautiful day to do something, but he just wanted to sit in front of the TV & watch football. So I decided to WALK to the beach from our House and back Home, It took me 1 1/2 hours to walk 4.33 miles at 2.9 speed. ( pedometer reading ) I think I walked a lot faster then that, I don't walk that fast on my treadmill & my treadmill reads 3.0 to 3.2. Any way!!!!! yeah I got blisters on the toes, But Boy do I feel exhausted & Hungry LOL.

I know blah blah blah :wink:
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Today (SUNDAY) was my plan to be a DAY OF REST. I asked my husband to lets get out, It is such a beautiful day to do something, but he just wanted to sit in front of the TV & watch football. So I decided to WALK to the beach from our House and back Home, It took me 1 1/2 hours to walk 4.33 miles at 2.9 speed. ( pedometer reading ) I think I walked a lot faster then that, I don't walk that fast on my treadmill & my treadmill reads 3.0 to 3.2. Any way!!!!! yeah I got blisters on the toes, But Boy do I feel exhausted & Hungry LOL.

I know blah blah blah :wink:

Its so good to get outside and just walk. Nice job.
  • sunshineforever
    Options
    Sounds wonderfully motivating!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Thank You!

Now if I can just do that every Sunday ;-) ( Walk to the Beach ) :bigsmile:
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Teresa - great job on the walk. The beach sounds so nice as we have snow, lots of wind and it is FREEZING out there!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Is this the official thread/topic? I'm a little confused. :huh:

Oh cool, we're doing before/after pics? I'll have to do that tomorrow...
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Please add me :) Thanks.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be in on this challenge - sign me up and let me know where the thread is so I can post pics and all that! :smile:
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    WHere do we post our pics? I'm soo sick right now, I have no energy and feel bad all the way around. I'm hoping I feel well enough tomorrow to do something workout wise..
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am In. I like the title of the challenge.