Jillian Michaels January Challenge!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Hi everyone, good to see so many Jillian devotees!

I did BFBM for today, my second attempt at it. Maybe some of my hight knees abnd butt kicks wern't as high as they should be but I completed it. This dvd is going to cost me a fortune in washing powder and shampoo, talk about sweat :laugh:

Here are my starting stats feel free to add your own and we can compare them to see how far we've come by the end of the month.

Weight 156.28lbs (11st.2.8lbs)
    body fat (by my scale) 25.0 %
    Water 54 %
    muscle mass 37.7%

measurements in inches:
    under bust 32
    waist 30
    Tummy 34.75
    Hips 37.5
    Arm L 12 R12.5
    Thigh L 23 R23.5

All measurements are taken at biggest point apart from waist which is narrowest point.

My tummy and thighs are my problem areas. My thighs have always been heavy, and since having my daughter I have excess skin (and probably quite a bit of fat under it) on my stomach. I'm hoping that by posting them it will keep me working hard enough to see a reduction by the end of the month. Shame is motivating!!!!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Bumping to see if we get any more takers!
  • Checking in... 5am no more trouble zones workout. Very tough, know muscles will be sore but missed doing Cardio, definitely a once or twice a week routine. Will go back to burn/boost tomorrow. Oh... and Lmao at myself trying to do surrenders! But I tried :)
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    This is great! When I did 30DS we had a board for it and it really motivated me. I'm going to be working out with No More Trouble Zones, and I'm going to try to do it at least 2-3 days a week. I might add something else in, we'll see.
    I'll post measurements later on today! :)
  • Hi everyone, good to see so many Jillian devotees!

I did BFBM for today, my second attempt at it. Maybe some of my hight knees abnd butt kicks wern't as high as they should be but I completed it. This dvd is going to cost me a fortune in washing powder and shampoo, talk about sweat :laugh:

Here are my starting stats feel free to add your own and we can compare them to see how far we've come by the end of the month.

Weight 156.28lbs (11st.2.8lbs)
    body fat (by my scale) 25.0 %
    Water 54 %
    muscle mass 37.7%

measurements in inches:
    under bust 32
    waist 30
    Tummy 34.75
    Hips 37.5
    Arm L 12 R12.5
    Thigh L 23 R23.5

All measurements are taken at biggest point apart from waist which is narrowest point.

My tummy and thighs are my problem areas. My thighs have always been heavy, and since having my daughter I have excess skin (and probably quite a bit of fat under it) on my stomach. I'm hoping that by posting them it will keep me working hard enough to see a reduction by the end of the month. Shame is motivating!!!!!!

Kate, no shame!
    We are all at different points in this journey
    I have a looooooong way to go:
    Weight 218
    Waist 42
    Hips/belly (around my biggest area) 52 inches (wow, I'm really posting that!)
    Thighs 26
    Biceps 14
    Oh and you measured under bust? That would be my smallest...38 inches
    All my fat is belly and lower belly (its gross, that's why I'm here!)
  • Wow, my legs are sore!!! chugging lots of water... how's everyone else doing????
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Wow, my legs are sore!!! chugging lots of water... how's everyone else doing????
    I was cursing Jillian and her two little smiling companions through the whole workout yesterday...out loud in the middle of my living room! My husband must think I'm nuts lol!
  • nbloom
    nbloom Posts: 14
    This is a great idea. I also love Jillian and have done all of those DVD's in the past, should be a great challenge! I'll start recording everything on Jan 1 :smile:

Natalie
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    NMTZ has KILLED me. I can barely move! I'm anticipating tomorrow will be even worse; I definitely can't do this workout every day but thats alright. I'm just excited to be exercising again. As much as it hurts, I love the soreness!
    I forgot to do measurements today so those will come tomorrow!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    I'm in for the January Challenge! Thanks for starting this group up. Was hoping to find on I could get in on without starting my own.

Completed Beachbody's Insanity on December 19th, 2010 (9 week intense cardio program). I took a couple of days rest, hated not working out, and jumped in for my second round of JM's 30 Day Shred (prior to second round, I completed it August 2010). Did 5 Level 1 workouts (still a challenge, even with only 5 pound weights) and then boom - got hit with this cold! I've given myself until January 1st, 2011 to recoup. Back to Shredding I go. I also own NMTZ and BFBM and did a hybrid of those in September. I'd love to instead see my results with a bit leaner of a body on 30 Day Shred alone.

Count me in!
  • Kate_UK
    Yesterday I wimped out. I was just so tired. Going from doing the 30 day shred every day to doing the longer 40-50 min dvds is a big step up for me, so rather than push it too much and end up crashing and burning (giving up) I decided to take a rest day. So I went shopping in the sales - that was a workout in itself! And lift that garment off the rail.... and wrestle it back off the woman who tried to steal it.... and bend to try it up against yourself.....and stretch as you replace it on the rail...... and repeat, over and over again:wink:
    NMTZ has KILLED me. I can barely move! I'm anticipating tomorrow will be even worse; I definitely can't do this workout every day but thats alright. I'm just excited to be exercising again. As much as it hurts, I love the soreness!
    I forgot to do measurements today so those will come tomorrow!

I just did NMTZ for the first time. The calorie burn was half that of BFBM but I'm like a jellied eel slumped on the sofa. I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    NMTZ is a great DVD, but get ready for the burn a day or two after you first try it! I've found that the most effective workout for me has been a combination on the 30-Day Shred and NMTZ- together with jogging (either on the treadmill or outdoors, in the warmer months).

Has anyone ever seen and/or followed her eating plan? I've never even seen it, to tell you the truth, but I'd like to find out what some of you think if you've followed it. ...
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Hi, I am currently about half way through the shred and was looking for another plan to start as soon as I'm finished. I came across this
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

its a rotation of the shred, banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones that Jillian came up with called the 30 day slim down. You just have to download the plan

I'm definitely going to give it a shot after I conquer the shred! :smile:

THANKS!! This looks interesting. Does anyone know what Quick Trouble Zones is? I have all three dvd's plus Cardio Kick Boxing, thinking about doing them 2-3 times a week?

Quick Trouble Zones is the No More Trouble Zones workout but without the floor work...skip moves that require you to get on the ground. :wink:

Thank you dixiejo1987 :smile:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I replied to another thread, but I am planning on starting "30 Day Shred" today! I found it at Wal-Mart for $9.00 and thought it was worth it to try for that amount. I've been doing Zumba since August and need to shake up my exercise. I think this should do it, lol!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    NMTZ is a great DVD, but get ready for the burn a day or two after you first try it! I've found that the most effective workout for me has been a combination on the 30-Day Shred and NMTZ- together with jogging (either on the treadmill or outdoors, in the warmer months).

Has anyone ever seen and/or followed her eating plan? I've never even seen it, to tell you the truth, but I'd like to find out what some of you think if you've followed it. ...

i haven't but would definitely be interested in hearing about it!!!
  • Wow! I was so sore from NMTZ, wasn't sure I was up for 2;nd attempt at Bfbm, but I did the whole thing with less pausing to bring heart rate down and a little less modifications. Really hope I see some results from this soon. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Have a great workout and a wonderful day everyone.
  • NMTZ is a great DVD, but get ready for the burn a day or two after you first try it! I've found that the most effective workout for me has been a combination on the 30-Day Shred and NMTZ- together with jogging (either on the treadmill or outdoors, in the warmer months).

I've heard her talk about it but haven't looked into it. I'll see what I cam find on it later.
  • Kate_UK
    lkm111 good luck with the shred, its a great workout!

Crlflowers, well done for carring on and getting through BFBM when you didn't feel like it - WTG!

I'd be interested in JM's diet plan too
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    how do you log the quick trouble zones?
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    BUMP
This discussion has been closed.