30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done. Push ups are definitely getting easier for me, I can feel the difference in my arm strength for sure. Unfortunately for me, I wore the completely wrong bra today which became a slight issue during jumping jacks. :blushing:

lol that is the same issue i had yesterday when i went to the trainer. It dawned on me as i was opening my backpack to change in to my gym clothes that i forgot my sports bra. I had to insist that there be no jumping during our session yesterday. However, I was showing the girls in all their glory during the mule kicks... good thing I am not terribly shy about them i guess. sheesh...lol :blushing:
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree the push ups are killer for me. I dont have much arm strength. But i can tell that i am getting stronger.. :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done. Push ups are definitely getting easier for me, I can feel the difference in my arm strength for sure. Unfortunately for me, I wore the completely wrong bra today which became a slight issue during jumping jacks. :blushing:

lol that is the same issue i had yesterday when i went to the trainer. It dawned on me as i was opening my backpack to change in to my gym clothes that i forgot my sports bra. I had to insist that there be no jumping during our session yesterday. However, I was showing the girls in all their glory during the mule kicks... good thing I am not terribly shy about them i guess. sheesh...lol :blushing:

Yeah, I won't be making that mistake again. Fortunately for me it was in the privacy of my own home. Funny thing is I thought about it for a split second before I started but dismissed it and went on with the workout anyway. I had considered pausing to change but didn't want to interfere with my heart rate.
  • annabelweaver
    Options
    I love Shred! Started it yesterday as going to the Caribbean on 4th Feb, so got a month to get slim!!! I hate static squats with bicep curls. Kills me everytime!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    QUESTION: First, I love the 30 day shred, it is responsible for the loss of my hips!! I do it a couple of times a week, which like I said, has worked for me. How do you guys do it every day? I think I could physically, but I get sooo sweaty and have to wash my hair, which I only like to wash every other day. (very thin hair)
  • kargreen
    Options
    Hi. I started the 30 day shred on Monday... so today is day 3 level 1. I have done this before and I noticed a big difference in my legs, arms and belly.

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The Break didn't really seem to help. Pushups weren't any easier. Anterior/shoulder raises I'm still strugling with. I also think that because I'm struggling with those the Form of my Side Lunges are poor. I think I am Totally bringing the knee forward instead of the butt back. Oh Yeah This was Day 4
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey All :)

Have some positive news to keep you motivated :D

Since 1st jane i have lost 2 inches of my waist and an inch off my hips ! :D So so pleased, can really tell a difference and only on day 5. x Im struggling with push ups so do easier ones but really go for it with rest of dvd x
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Since 1st jane i have lost 2 inches of my waist and an inch off my hips ! :D So so pleased, can really tell a difference and only on day 5. x Im struggling with push ups so do easier ones but really go for it with rest of dvd x
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

That's great! Awesome work and a fantastic motivator for the rest of us for sure :flowerforyou:
  • delfin59
    Options
    Done with day 4! I had a rest day yesterday and bought 3lbs weights. The weights helped a lot! 5lbs is definitely too heavy for me and hurt my elbows.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Just finished the 30 Day Shred level one. I committed to doing it twice a week. I am sooooo glad I did it. I am out of shape so I was nervous I would not make it through but I did. I feel strong and am looking forward to the next time I do it because it will get easier as I go along.

Thanks for posting this!! I wouldn't have thought of it without the suggestion, and my dvd was gathering dust. :smile:
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    day 3 level 2 done today...just doing the shred every other day - alternating with "walk at home" program so I don't get burnt out...loving this combination so far!! :happy:
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I have been snacking so bad the past couple of days I just have such intense cravings for absolutely everything and I can't seem to get them under control. So after an afternoon binge I thought I would do day 3 of level one of the 30 day shred..I definitely should hve waited a while since I got a queezy stomach...well I felt good about it afterwards AND went right into level 2! I am so proud of myself. Taking a quick break now and then hitting the treadmill to watch an episode of greys. :)

Hope everyone is loving the shred!
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Is this a DVD you can purchase at like Walmart or Target? If so I will get it and start Saturday and then just go an extra week into it. Exercise is where I am the least motivated so if I can join in this group it will give me a bunch of accountabiility.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d4 done.
  • SaraSwanson25
    Options
    I have been doing the video for a while now, but haven't been very consistent with it. I just joined this site and I am excited to join you guys and try to do the video more regularly this month!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    I have wanted sooooo badly to eat some chocolate tonight :sad: but I don't have enough calories left for today for a little indulgence. Ahhh!!:angry:

So this is what I did instead::ohwell:

I read the label on my Christmas Lindor chocolate balls :grumble: , then I read the label on my huge Toblerone chocolate bar,:grumble: then I read the label on my pre-christmas chocolate biscuits :grumble: , then I read the label on the bag of potato chips DH brought home.:grumble:

Slowly, with a sigh, I put each of the packages back down and closed the pantry door.:cry:

I walked to my computer and hit "complete entry" on my food diary and told myself, "nope, you can't do it tonight". :noway:

I poured myself a tall, cool glass of water :drinker: and now I'm telling myself that once I hit "complete entry" there is no turning back.:noway:

I just have to suck it up!:cry:

Why is it that the things we love the most to eat are the worst things for our weigh? Grrr!!!:explode:

On a more positive note, there were sweet treats at work today that someone brought in (probably so that they don't eat it). :blushing: The dish was within reach of me but I did not touch it.:noway: Maybe this is why I'm having this craving now. :huh:

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing much better with their cravings.:flowerforyou:
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have wanted sooooo badly to eat some chocolate tonight :sad: but I don't have enough calories left for today for a little indulgence. Ahhh!!:angry:

So this is what I did instead::ohwell:

I read the label on my Christmas Lindor chocolate balls :grumble: , then I read the label on my huge Toblerone chocolate bar,:grumble: then I read the label on my pre-christmas chocolate biscuits :grumble: , then I read the label on the bag of potato chips DH brought home.:grumble:

Slowly, with a sigh, I put each of the packages back down and closed the pantry door.:cry:

I walked to my computer and hit "complete entry" on my food diary and told myself, "nope, you can't do it tonight". :noway:

I poured myself a tall, cool glass of water :drinker: and now I'm telling myself that once I hit "complete entry" there is no turning back.:noway:

I just have to suck it up!:cry:

Why is it that the things we love the most to eat are the worst things for our weigh? Grrr!!!:explode:

On a more positive note, there were sweet treats at work today that someone brought in (probably so that they don't eat it). :blushing: The dish was within reach of me but I did not touch it.:noway: Maybe this is why I'm having this craving now. :huh:

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing much better with their cravings.:flowerforyou:

Well done Debbie!!

Day 4 Level 1 done today - everything is getting easier except the side lunges with lateral raises, those lunges hurt my knees and my shoulders want to give out in the middle of the second set.
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level one completed. I can definitely feel my endurance building :D